Author Topic: The Grant Hill thread  (Read 58582 times)

Re: Fanhouse reports: Grant Hill is leaning towards Knicks
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2009, 01:03:40 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 737
  • MASTER OF PANIC
can stackhouse even walk still? that would work out as well as mikki moore worked out...they need a legit guy that can at least play defense

Re: Please no Hill
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2009, 01:05:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Let's not forget that if truly healthy, he's a young 37 because he doesn't have the miles on him that most players do because he missed the better part of 4 to 5 seasons.
What is it that Grant Hill says about this?

He has the body of a 29 year old and the ankles of a 82 year old.
Something like that. But if you can keep the 82 year old ankles taped and working that 29 year old body can do some pretty special things for a team.

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2009, 01:07:29 PM »

Offline victorycigar

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
can stackhouse even walk still? that would work out as well as mikki moore worked out...they need a legit guy that can at least play defense

If Stackhouse can't walk, then Bruce Bowen is in a coma and Grant Hill is six feet under.  The guy missed one year with a foot injury.  I don't get the extreme negativity for Stack while people are praying for a 37 year old player who has played one healthy year this entire decade.

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2009, 01:09:39 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

If Stackhouse can't walk, then Bruce Bowen is in a coma and Grant Hill is six feet under.  The guy missed one year with a foot injury.  I don't get the extreme negativity for Stack while people are praying for a 37 year old player who has played one healthy year this entire decade.
to be honest none of them is the answer

Parker, Moon, Garcia, those kind of guys.
Bowen wasnt hurt isnt he? hes just old.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2009, 01:12:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
The author of the fanpost article seems to be speculating. To say that Grant Hill thinks it is more rewarding to start for the Knicks with the hopes of luring Lebron next year is more rewarding than coming off the bench for a team going for a championship?  No way Grant Hill, or his agent, said that. That is just stupid.  Grant Hill would be the first guy off the bench to replace a 33 year old 2 guard or a 32 year old 3, both of whom will need a lot of rest. Hill will be 37 this coming season. How many minutes does he realistically want?  I think Doc and Danny need to get back on the phone with him, and let him know how important he would be for them this season. Heck, Pierce and Ray can call to offer to let him start for them occassionally if that is what we are talking about. Actually, I think this is all a smoke screen.  Hill will either sign with us, or he is trying to squeeze more money out of Phoenix, in which case his agent is floating out the NY offers in hopes that PHX will step up with more bread.

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2009, 01:13:04 PM »

Offline victorycigar

• Oshae Brissett

to be honest none of them is the answer

Parker, Moon, Garcia, those kind of guys.
Bowen wasnt hurt isnt he? hes just old.

Bowen was discarded by the Spurs for a reason.  His play had a huge dropoff last season, and he completely fell out of the rotation last year.  He has no offensive upside to his game, and yes, he is 38 years old already.

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2009, 01:16:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 737
  • MASTER OF PANIC
the more i think about it i would take bogans..smallish yes...but can shoot and defend

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2009, 01:17:35 PM »

Offline victorycigar

• Oshae Brissett
I would be on board with Bogans, but I have a feeling he is going to get more than the minimum.

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2009, 01:17:57 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I don't quite understand why a player who has made $100+ million over his career couldn't have moved to NYC before now, or couldn't move there next season even if Hill is playing in Boston.  Heck, Hill can live in NYC and Wyc can charter him a jet to commute.
How many years now has his wife's career suffered from following him around?

Why not respect his decision? Sometimes all you can do is say, "that sucks for us."

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2009, 01:18:32 PM »

Offline priapus81

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
to get that wing man, what about trading Tony allen and Jr Giddens to minesota for Gomes,. they will save money by waving Jr and give them draft pick cause we got gomes lock up for 4 years

c- Perk         Sheed        Scal
Pf- Garnett     BBd if resign
sf- Pierce      Gomes    walker
sg-R. allen     House   
pg- rondo       Pruitt   lester is a combo 1 n 2

Re: Please no Hill
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Grant Hill is the right man for the job, because he's the best man for the job.

He's a good defender, good rebounder, excellent passer, excellent ball handler, good athlete, good slasher, good shooter, good in the open court and half court. He's a pro's pro, a guy who comes and competes every night and every second that he's one the floor.

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »

Offline victorycigar

• Oshae Brissett
to get that wing man, what about trading Tony allen and Jr Giddens to minesota for Gomes,. they will save money by waving Jr and give them draft pick cause we got gomes lock up for 4 years

c- Perk         Sheed        Scal
Pf- Garnett     BBd if resign
sg-R. allen     House  
pg- rondo       Pruitt   lester is a combo 1 n 2

First, Gomes is more an undersized PF, not a SG/SF.  Second, Kevin McHale is no longer available to gift wrap us players in return for garbage and spare parts.

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2009, 01:22:50 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

c- Perk         Sheed        Scal
Pf- Garnett     BBd if resign
sg-R. allen     House   
pg- rondo       Pruitt   lester is a combo 1 n 2

just  to point when i thought garcia i thought gomes too
I think because of the latin last names
both fit in my book
Gomes showed he can play the 3 effectivly
hustles, rebounds and have good iq
i think minny wont do that even if we sweet the deal
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2009, 01:23:14 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't quite understand why a player who has made $100+ million over his career couldn't have moved to NYC before now, or couldn't move there next season even if Hill is playing in Boston.  Heck, Hill can live in NYC and Wyc can charter him a jet to commute.
How many years now has his wife's career suffered from following him around?

Why not respect his decision? Sometimes all you can do is say, "that sucks for us."

Where did I say I don't respect his decision?  However, the proffered reason -- that NYC is better for her career -- doesn't make much sense to me. If New York was their dream destination all along, for instance, why don't they have an off-season home there?  One would think that they could afford it.

Also, of course, the Hills are apparently strongly considering remaining in Phoenix.  Does Phoenix have that much better of a music scene than Boston does?

Again, Hill can do what he wants.  I just don't see his logic.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2009, 01:23:52 PM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Yaay!  A UK guy.  As a UK guy, i'd love this, but i seriously doubt his ability to defend big 3's.  

While i would still love a bogans - celts signing, i'd rather see a miracle work out to get another UK guy, Azibuike.  He's bigger, stronger, more athletic, and can really defend 2 or 3 positions.