Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 107444 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2013, 03:36:56 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
@GwashNBAGlobe 6m
NBA source confirms Celtics-Nets talks and also adds #celtics are in talks with multiple clubs about deals
We're trying to find a way to dump salary in the proposed deal.

We might end up with Wallace still but dump Lee/Terry/Bass to offset his expense soemthing like that.

But what does Brooklyn have to add incentive-wise to get other teams to join the party?  I'm thinking the incentive would have to come from Boston's end.

woj said it's only nets and c's no other team

My guess

Bos sends: KG , PP, Terry, Lee
Brk sends: Humpheries, Wallace, teletovic,shengallia, 3 1st rd picks

This way C's are not taking on any extra salary

« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
@GwashNBAGlobe 6m
NBA source confirms Celtics-Nets talks and also adds #celtics are in talks with multiple clubs about deals

We might end up with Wallace still but dump Lee/Terry/Bass to offset his expense soemthing like that.

But what does Brooklyn have to add incentive-wise to get other teams to join the party?  I'm thinking the incentive would have to come from Boston's end.
Right, because we're not taking on Wallace without losing one of our bad deals. So if Brooklyn wants to get it done either we or they have to figure that out.

« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2013, 03:39:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Gotta fit Bojan Bogdanovic in there somewhere.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Is it even possible that a trade goes down tonight?

I mean: what does this exactly mean: 'Celtics, Nets couldn't potentially complete deal 'til moratorium ends July 10, source says. Teams need Pierce's 13-14 salary to make it work'

« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2013, 03:40:48 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Gotta fit Bojan Bogdanovic in there somewhere.

What's his salary?

« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Is it even possible that a trade goes down tonight?

I mean: what does this exactly mean: 'Celtics, Nets couldn't potentially complete deal 'til moratorium ends July 10, source says. Teams need Pierce's 13-14 salary to make it work'

Teams could agree in principle tonight, but nothing could be announced or made official until July 10.  Teams can back out before then with no consequence.

The difference between using Pierce's + KG's 2013 salaries, versus 2014 salaries, is about $600k, I believe.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
@GwashNBAGlobe 6m

woj said it's only nets and c's no other team

My guess

This way C's are not taking on any extra salary

Are these bums off the books next year?  If this goes down Im really not gonna like the team this year.

« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
I doubt Ainge will take backk Wallace's crazy contract more likely a nets proposal,  hence the talk of a 3 team trade,  ppl need to stop believing every trade rumour leaked by other teams

« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
As an aside, what is NJ thinking with this deal by giving up all of their future firsts? If you add KG/PP to each squad, which team do you think is better? I tend to think the Cs have about as good of a chance of winning the whole thing as the Nets do...and we have seen how that has panned out over the last couple of seasons [with younger versions of PP and KG].

NJ got the best/highest paid players they could to arouse their Brooklyn fans, but this has the real possibility of blowing up in their faces for the next decade.

...and with all of this, I am totally against it from the Cs perspective, unless they can find someone to take on Wallace.

« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2013, 03:44:09 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
I'm all for rebuilding (if you force me to) but tanking is where I draw the line. I am sure everyone realizes you can have worst record by a landslide and you still only have a 25% chance of landing the top pick. If you land the top pick, there are no assurances that player becomes a franchise cornerstone.

It's not a given that Wiggins even declares for the draft next year. So we tank thinking he's available and for some reason he decides to go back for his sophmore year. I hate to put all our eggs in one proverbial basket ('14 draft).

History should tell us that tanking is just not a good option, especially for us. (e.g. '97/'07)

DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:20 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I doubt Ainge will take backk Wallace's crazy contract more likely a nets proposal,  hence the talk of a 3 team trade,  ppl need to stop believing every trade rumour leaked by other teams

yea, if we are rebuilding, aren't we trying to unload big contracts and not get more? While I hate to see KG and PP go, but 3 picks does sounds good. Theoretically, KG and PP retires, the Nets start sucking, those 3 picks might be good. Also, as you said, I think a 3rd team might be involved.

« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
As an aside, what is NJ thinking with this deal by giving up all of their future firsts? If you add KG/PP to each squad, which team do you think is better? I tend to think the Cs have about as good of a chance of winning the whole thing as the Nets do...and we have seen how that has panned out over the last couple of seasons [with younger versions of PP and KG].

NJ got the best/highest paid players they could to arouse their Brooklyn fans, but this has the real possibility of blowing up in their faces for the next decade.

...and with all of this, I am totally against it from the Cs perspective, unless they can find someone to take on Wallace.

I don't know, man.  I prefer Deron + Lopez + Johnson to Rondo + Green

« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:54 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA8s
Boston and Brooklyn discussing a blockbuster deal that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Oh dear. This can't be good. If both are going out, Brooklyn is sending back some very bad contracts.
Brace for the Brook Lopez/Chris Humphries/Marshon Brooks era.

edit: Many deals work on the dollar amount, but these seem to be the three guys the Nets have looked to dump, historically.

I'm ok with this.  Adresses our needs at bigs and backup point( if that;sts what brooks is, for rondo.  Hope they throw a pick in.

« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2013, 03:46:18 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Paul Flannery @Pflanns
For 3 years of Gerald Wallace I'd want all the draft picks, ever.

Yup!

I don't think people realize how terrible Wallace has become and how bad his contract really is. We'd be paying him nearly what Rondo makes for 8 points and 4 rebounds.

Funny Wallace story:

Went to the Nets game at the Garden, knowing Wallace had failed to score in the last few games.  I bet my friend, as a joke, that I'd drink a beer for every basket he scored. 

By the end of the game I decided I wanted to drink more than a single beer, so the trade was off.

Haha!

Really though! People are thinking of old Wallace and not the Brooklyn horrible Wallace.

He has one of the WORST contracts in the entire NBA. No joke

I've been a huge Ainge supporter but if this deal goes through, that will be it for me supporting him.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
In general off the top of my head I remember many more deals that were not rumored beforehand happen than ones that are widely rumored.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19