Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 107472 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I'm half waiting for the next team to come along and talk blockbuster bc I'm not that enthralled with this one.

However, if you're going to pinpoint a fringe contender / definite playoff team that is desperate for immediate results and legitimacy, Brooklyn would be right there at the top of the list.

Their desire to be a serious team and to better the Knicks is huge right now. Fantastic stadium, new look, trying to build a loyal base, rich owner . .. .it adds up to their wanting to do whatever it takes.

Getting PP and KG for nothing but picks, unwanted contracts and projects is a pretty good haul. This may actually be a win win. I want to be in the lotto next year, with at least 1 other 1st round pick.

« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
3 picks is not worth 3 years of Gerald Wallace's contract.

Not if you want to rebuild around Rondo. Too hard to move his contract.

If you are willing to bottom out and go the Charlotte Bobcats route, well then three years of G-Wallace's contract is fine. You can be patient and wait for that to come off the books.

« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I reiterate that'd imagine Ainge is asking King to take 2 out of the 3 of Bass, Terry and Lee (along with KG and PP), with Teletovic and change tacked on to KH and GW, as well as the picks.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2013, 03:08:38 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Woj's latest that the deal could get bigger, sure it'd have to for Boston to agree isn't taking Wallace back for just the Nets picks.

@WojYahooNBA 6s
The Celtics are discussing the possibility of including either guard Jason Terry or Courtney Lee in the package, sources tell Y! Sports

Now we are talking.
It's something, I guess. Although this should definitely mean we're taking on Wallace.

I don't see how including another contract really helps Boston.

Wallace's contract is worse than any one we have and Terry's contract expires BEFORE Wallace's does so including him doesn't even help.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2013, 03:08:52 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
People. Losing PP and KG for this team will (allow us to) end up as New Orleans, when they trade West and CP3. Be alert!

and ending up with Anthony Davis level player...

Sign me up!

Uhh...Anthony Davis hasn't been the great game changer everyone expected year one. If they dump Wallace on Boston then Billy King should be GM of the year.

« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2013, 03:09:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Eh.... Is there still a way we can grab Josh Smith or is that not feasible?

My thoughts. Anyway we could flip a pick and Wallace to the Hawks in a s and t?

I just don't like this for many reasons. As I've stated I dislike humphries and crash's contract. But this also brings back young prospects I'm not too high on. If we could snag three picks (not sure what the current rumored offer is at) that's at least something sweet.

But my biggest thing is that I HATE THE NETS! I can't stand any of their players and there complete one on one style basketball. Williams, Johnson, Lopez, Evans... Ugh! The fact that Pierce and Garnett will be there making them better is absurdly frustrating to me. At least we would get my favorite net in Wallace but I hate his contract. Also, maybe having Kidd as the coach will make the Nets more likeable. But...ugh... Tough pill to swallow.

« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
People. Losing PP and KG for this team will (allow us to) end up as New Orleans, when they trade West and CP3. Be alert!

and ending up with Anthony Davis level player...

Sign me up!

Uhh...Anthony Davis hasn't been the great game changer everyone expected year one. If they dump Wallace on Boston then Billy King should be GM of the year.

if we are sending Lee or Terry back , the Wallace contract is a lot easier to swallow .

« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2013, 03:11:18 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I know you guys will probably kill me for even bringing this up....but....

Any chance we can get Blatche in this deal?  I know BKN would have to S&T him, but the guy does have talent....even though he is a complete knucklehead.  Maybe we can put together the "all-knucklehead team" if we can get Josh Smith - we already have Rondo. 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2013, 03:11:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
G - Rondo, Terry
G - Bradley, Lee
F - J.Green, Shengeila
F - G.Wallace, Bass
C - Humphries, Sullinger

That center spot would hold back the team considerably.

I kind of like the idea of G-Wallace and J-Green starting together at the forward positions. With Rondo and Bradley in the backcourt. The defensive quickness 1-4 and transition play could be quite exciting to watch.

Need a real center to anchor the team though. Humphries wouldn't cut it.

« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2013, 03:11:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Woj's latest that the deal could get bigger, sure it'd have to for Boston to agree isn't taking Wallace back for just the Nets picks.

@WojYahooNBA 6s
The Celtics are discussing the possibility of including either guard Jason Terry or Courtney Lee in the package, sources tell Y! Sports

Now we are talking.
It's something, I guess. Although this should definitely mean we're taking on Wallace.

Wallace's contract is worse than any one we have and Terry's contract expires BEFORE Wallace's does so including him doesn't even help.
It takes $5 million off your payroll. That doesn't do miracles, but it does help.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

@WojYahooNBA 6s

Now we are talking.

It takes $5 million off your payroll. That doesn't do miracles, but it does help.

We'd still be over the cap so in essence couldn't even use that $5mill

Still don't see how anybody can be satisfied with this deal
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2013, 03:13:27 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Eh.... Is there still a way we can grab Josh Smith or is that not feasible?

My thoughts. Anyway we could flip a pick and Wallace to the Hawks in a s and t?

I just don't like this for many reasons. As I've stated I dislike humphries and crash's contract. But this also brings back young prospects I'm not too high on. If we could snag three picks (not sure what the current rumored offer is at) that's at least something sweet.

But my biggest thing is that I HATE THE NETS! I can't stand any of their players and there complete one on one style basketball. Williams, Johnson, Lopez, Evans... Ugh! The fact that Pierce and Garnett will be there making them better is absurdly frustrating to me. At least we would get my favorite net in Wallace but I hate his contract. Also, maybe having Kidd as the coach will make the Nets more likeable. But...ugh... Tough pill to swallow.

Danny Ferry is not dumb, he didn't dump Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams just to take on Gerald Wallace's salary. Ferry will let Josh walk for nothing before he does that.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2013, 03:13:48 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Danny has repeatedly said rondo would only get traded for another superstar.

« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2013, 03:14:01 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
MIght be worth it JUST to see KG and Blatche as teammates  8)
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

@WojYahooNBA 6s

Now we are talking.

This is also my other worry. Adding more contracts from our end only means we need to take back more salary. And the Nets have a bunch of lengthy unwanted contracts to offer. Don't enjoy that.