Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 107032 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2013, 02:21:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Wow... Wallace averaged 7.7 points, 4.6 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.4 steal on 30 minutes on 39% shooting and still has 3 years x 10 mil a year.  Yuck.  What happened to that guy?  He use to be a pretty effective player especially on the defensive end.

Those 3 first rounders better be good if we do this.  Definitely would need a 2014 1st.

« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2013, 02:21:41 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Is anyone else here surprised to learn that Gerald Wallace is only 30 years old?

« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2013, 02:23:11 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Wow... Wallace averaged 7.7 points, 4.6 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.4 steal on 30 minutes on 39% shooting and still has 3 years x 10 mil a year.  Yuck.  What happened to that guy?  He use to be a pretty effective player especially on the defensive end.

Those 3 first rounders better be good if we do this.  Definitely would need a 2014 1st.

It be a crappy first. Lopez, kg, pierce, Johnson, and d will is best starting five on paper next year.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2013, 02:24:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Do you truly believe that Danny took on 5 years at 13 mill per year of Raef just so we could potentially have a big contract to trade at sometime in the future?
Um, sorry, your facts are just a tad off. LaFrentz averaged $10 million per year over the length of his contract, and we paid him perhaps $28 million for the three years that we had him.

Also, Danny is on the record saying that he underestimated the state of Raef's knees. So clearly he planned him to be a piece, too bad it never worked out (a healthy Raef was giving you 15 ppg/7 rpg with 3 blocks and three-point shooting).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2013, 02:24:47 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

It be a crappy first. Lopez, kg, pierce, Johnson, and d will is best starting five on paper next year.
1sts are 1sts.  Three of them for our guys with a foot in retirement would be pretty solid.  Better than letting them walk for nothing.

Maybe you could package Gerald Wallace later when we trade out Rondo.  That would leave a lot of bad contracts on the team, though... we're already going to have a tough enough time trying to dump Bass, Lee and Terry off the team.

« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2013, 02:24:55 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Where would the Nets and Celtics be if the Nets had traded for Pierce instead of Wallace and Ainge had taken Andre Drummond with the pick that Portland used on Lillard?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2013, 02:28:27 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Obviously the Celtics desire draft picks and moving Pierce and Garnett to get them is intriguing at these stages of their careers, but there has to be a better deal out there than one with Wallace's contract.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2013, 02:30:10 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Obviously the Celtics desire draft picks and moving Pierce and Garnett to get them is intriguing at these stages of their careers, but there has to be a better deal out there than one with Wallace's contract.

Why does there have to be a better deal?  I would be completely not shocked if there was no better deal.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2013, 02:32:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Why does there have to be a better deal?  I would be completely not shocked if there was no better deal.
If there is no better deal now, that doesn't mean there won't be a better deal in the future. If the better deal in the future doesn't present itself then you see if the Nets want to do this.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2013, 02:32:22 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
For once, I think Sherrod makes a good point:

A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN 20m

A more likely #Nets, #Celtics deal? Pierce for Humphries+future 1st rd pick.KG no-trade clause+GWallace contract are potential deal killers.

I'd say PP for Humphries, Teletovic and a 1st would get it done -- sadly.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2013, 02:32:36 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1510

To me, the better deal is keeping kg next year.  The wallace contract is a killer

« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

A more likely #Nets, #Celtics deal? Pierce for Humphries+future 1st rd pick.KG no-trade clause+GWallace contract are potential deal killers.

I think I prefer PP for trade exemption and two 2nd rounders....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1510

+1

« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2013, 02:35:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

We aren't positive that is available though.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2013, 02:36:10 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
First of all I don't believe KG agrees to the deal without PP being included and that's if he even agrees to it then.  Secondly there's no way I pick up Wallace's contract for 3 more years. All he will do is stunt Green's development plus he's got a rep as an attitude guy which isn't good for a young team like we would be. 

3 lower first round picks isn't that good unless I'm going to use some of those pick in a Josh Smith S & T and ATL has already bought into the deal.