Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 107700 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »

Offline Sully7

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
I would rather move Pierce to the Cavs for the early 2nd rounders then to the Nets for GW or KH and late 1st round picks. 

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 25s
Celtics, Nets couldn't potentially complete deal 'til moratorium ends July 10, source says. Teams need Pierce's 13-14 salary to make it work

This is very good news. Thank you!

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2013, 02:04:12 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Celtics, Nets couldn't potentially complete deal 'til moratorium ends July 10, source says. Teams need Pierce's 13-14 salary to make it work

No its not, that means these talks are going to linger for another week at least.

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
one thing is for certain...this deal happens, boston will be a very bad team...good chance they can get wiggins with their own lottery pick in 14

Yup. We would be a very bad team in 2014. Very bad.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Like the 4 picks, but not at the expense of taking Wallace.

Maybe we don't have to, though.

Check this out on ESPN's Trade Machine. This seems really bizarre to me, and maybe ESPN's trade machine is burning out from overuse , but the below seems to work even though Nets have $28 mil coming in and only $16 mil going out, so not sure how it could. Anybody know how this might be?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oyurbor

PP and KG for Kardashian, Teletovic, Brooks and Shengelia and 3 1sts. That I do.

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2013, 02:08:20 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

No its not, that means these talks are going to linger for another week at least.

They can reach a deal now.  They just can't make it official until after the moratorium. 

Actually, they probably need to agree to it before the draft if the deal involves a pick this year because Ainge would need to tell the Nets who to draft for him.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2013, 02:09:43 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I wouldn't mind this deal at all.

I was expecting to go in a new direction, regardless.

Humph is a good rebounder, Wallace is a tough defender, and we get 3 picks.

Don't know much about the other guy Shengalia (sp?)

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
FWIW, Tomike Shenglia may have been the best player in the D-league this year. When he was on the floor against the Red Claws, it reminded me of those end-of-practice scrimmages when I was eleven where the coach would play for the weaker side in order to keep it even.

Of course, being the best D-leaguer is kind of like being the tallest oompaloompa or a rich man's Luke Harangody.

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2013, 02:11:50 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
This trade would be interesting. The nets just traded for Wallace last year and gave up a lottery prick for him. I guess the hope would be that he gets his game back in Boston and becomes movable at the allstar break.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I really thought Ainge learned from taking on zero potential players on bad contracts - like Raef and Wally...I am going to have a hard time watching this team next year if Humphries and Wallace are on it...yuck yuck yuck!!
Taking on Raef and Wally were so they could be traded as big contracts later. Sometimes you need that single bad contract to combine with young assets and picks in order to make numbers match with another team.

I understood why Danny acquired Raef, Wally and Ratlif. It was so he could send them back out. If Danny is at it again here, we're looking at a 3+ year rebuild, though.

« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

They can reach a deal now.  They just can't make it official until after the moratorium. 

Actually, they probably need to agree to it before the draft if the deal involves a pick this year because Ainge would need to tell the Nets who to draft for him.

Not in play here.  Only for future draft picks.

« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones

It's that much longer that other teams have to jump in and make a better deal. I guess they can agree on a deal, but one has to think that Danny is doing his due diligence with trading away the faces of our franchise.

« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2013, 02:13:33 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I really thought Ainge learned from taking on zero potential players on bad contracts - like Raef and Wally...I am going to have a hard time watching this team next year if Humphries and Wallace are on it...yuck yuck yuck!!
Taking on Raef and Wally were so they could be traded as big contracts later. Sometimes you need that single bad contract to combine with young assets and picks in order to make numbers match with another team.

I understood why Danny acquired Raef, Wally and Ratlif. It was so he could send them back out. If Danny is at it again here, we're looking at a 3+ year rebuild, though.
Raef would have been worth every penny of his contract if he were able to stay healthy. He wasn't.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2013, 02:16:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This trade could do wonders for the Deron Williams > Rajon Rondo argument.

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2013, 02:16:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones

Do you truly believe that Danny took on 5 years at 13 mill per year of Raef just so we could potentially have a big contract to trade at sometime in the future? He just wanted to dump off Antoine.

Acquiring Ratliff made all the sense in the world. It was one less year of a huge contract and Danny thought that Sebastian would be better than anyone he could get with the #7 pick.