Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 107506 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2013, 01:42:43 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
If this deal goes i'm positive Josh Smith will be a Celtic after july 1st. Humphries 12m expiring plus something maybe a pick for a S&T.

Also believe 2 of those 3 picks will be in this draft after Nets trading Brooks for #26. I would rather keep KG and PP but this is only chance for rebuild and for both of them trading on a same team. Their real trade value is not big. This is only chance for getting something for them or they will walk free of retire.

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2013, 01:42:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
The more I think about it, I can't see DA taking on Wallace's salary.  It gives us so much less flexibility than just keeping KG / PP and letting them play out a year and then retire.

If wallace is in the deal it is a 3 team deal, or another trade is happening that we flip him for something else.
I don't see any way that Wallace is here next year.

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2013, 01:43:06 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 737
  • MASTER OF PANIC
one thing is for certain...this deal happens, boston will be a very bad team...good chance they can get wiggins with their own lottery pick in 14

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2013, 01:44:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
this deal would royally suck.  3 late firsts is poor compensation for the ex-Kardashian and Wallace's contract.  If it included Lopez and Brooks from their side and JET from ours, I could almost understand it.

not that I think Brooks will crack our SG logjam but Lopez is the key here as well as dumping JET

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2013, 01:44:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The more I think about it, I can't see DA taking on Wallace's salary.  It gives us so much less flexibility than just keeping KG / PP and letting them play out a year and then retire.

If wallace is in the deal it is a 3 team deal, or another trade is happening that we flip him for something else.

Agreed, but who in the world would pay him without us giving up even more value to give him away?

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2013, 01:46:22 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Agreed, but who in the world would pay him without us giving up even more value to give him away?
Pretty much.

I mean if the Nets offered to dump him on a team with a TE or cap space for 3 picks doesn't almost every team but the Magic/Bobcats say no?

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2013, 01:49:32 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Pretty much.

I mean if the Nets offered to dump him on a team with a TE or cap space for 3 picks doesn't almost every team but the Magic/Bobcats say no?

The only thing I could think of is a really bad team, with salary space and us having to give up bradley or sully or something...Why would any other team take on his contract?  There has to be a sweetener to the pot.

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2013, 01:49:57 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
This is worse than the Deandre deal...
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2013, 01:50:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I like the Wallace deal. One thing the Celtics lack and have lacked in the last couple of years is physical toughness. It is sad when your superstar undersized point guard is the toughest enforcer on your team and he has to stand up for the team against brutes like Humphries.

We need Wallace for his physical toughness. You just cannot win without an enforcer.

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2013, 01:50:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
This is worse than the Deandre deal...
By definition it is as instead of a project on a two year deal we get Wallace on a three year deal, yuck.

« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2013, 01:50:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
Yeah this Wallace stuff makes no sense at all.  Either he isn't in the deal, or there is a lot we don't know about the deal yet.  (always the case..)

« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I like the Wallace deal. One thing the Celtics lack and have lacked in the last couple of years is physical toughness. It is sad when your superstar undersized point guard is the toughest enforcer on your team and he has to stand up for the team against brutes like Humphries.

We need Wallace for his physical toughness. You just cannot win without an enforcer.
You can get an enforcer without paying him 10 million for 3 years.

« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2013, 01:51:44 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 575
Guess that's why it's a trade discussion. I assume Danny has no interest in takin on Wallace's contract.

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 737
  • MASTER OF PANIC
taking on wallace and still stuck with terry and bass??

« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2013, 01:51:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Yeah this Wallace stuff makes no sense at all.  Either he isn't in the deal, or there is a lot we don't know about the deal yet.  (always the case..)
He has to be in the deal for salary, unless they're sending us Joe Johnson, Deron Williams, or Lopez instead of him.