Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 107455 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2013, 04:28:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Come out of your hiding places, Ainge fanatics. Time to face reality.

Newsflash: KG and PP are not as valuable as homer bloggers think. So speaking of reality, remember Ainge has to deal in it, unlike you and me.

If this is our best option...buy out Pierce, let KG retire. I think I could manage that.

Me = 1
Ainge = 0
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2013, 04:32:09 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA8s
Boston and Brooklyn discussing a blockbuster deal that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Oh dear. This can't be good. If both are going out, Brooklyn is sending back some very bad contracts.

Ah, but so what?
Don't you think that maybe Atlanta might be waiting with a S and T for Josh Smith.
Ainge is not going to just stick the Celtics with Salary cap woes and lose the cornerstones to the franchise, albeit the older bricks to the foundation.
The man is looking to acquire assets.  He's looking to RE-LOAD.

This is going to be an interesting day-night. I'm hoping to see us run it back.
However if Danny deals Pierce and KG together, we'll have two teams to root for!

This may be totally Auerbachian!

Go Get 'Em Danny!
ATL would take crap contracts for a Josh Smith S&T?

« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2013, 04:32:45 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Newsflash: KG and PP are not as valuable as homer bloggers think. So speaking of reality, remember Ainge has to deal in it, unlike you and me.

If this is our best option...buy out Pierce, let KG retire. I think I could manage that.

Me = 1
Ainge = 0

Isiah Thomas? Is that you?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Me = 1
Ainge = 0

This is a decision between still being a player on the trade market, or a non-entity.

With the new CBA, the value of these low first round picks will likely improve drastically over the next few years.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2013, 04:33:27 PM »

Offline jpurthe1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17

Me = 1
Ainge = 0

Isiah Thomas? Is that you?

HAHAHAHA!

« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »

Offline Sully7

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

Me = 1
Ainge = 0

+1 (If we really want to tank that badly trade Rondo for a future pick..but don't trade with the Nets)

« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Me = 1
Ainge = 0

If KG doesn't retire, you're still on the hook for his salary for the next two years.  That's just one fewer than the Wallace.  So even if you buy out Pierce, Boston still doesn't really get any salary cap relief for two years and you've just given away one of your 3 assets in Pierce for nothing.

Yeah, you should be a GM.

Mike

« Reply #292 on: June 27, 2013, 04:35:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I rather have proven NBA role players than all these draft picks...Celtics draft history isnt very good with the likes of Eric Montross, Acie Earl, JR Giddens, Joe Forte, Kendrick Brown, Michael Smith and more 1st round picks and Im not counting alot of fail 2nd round picks!!
While proven players are almost preferable, I don't think your statement is a fair assessment. In principle, a lot of picks don't pan out, first-round and otherwise.

Also, for every "example" you listed there's a counterexample: Chauncey Billups, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker, Rajon Rondo, Al Jefferson, Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins... all these are or were legitimate NBA-caliber players.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Boston and Brooklyn discussing a blockbuster deal that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Oh dear. This can't be good. If both are going out, Brooklyn is sending back some very bad contracts.

Ah, but so what?
Don't you think that maybe Atlanta might be waiting with a S and T for Josh Smith.
Ainge is not going to just stick the Celtics with Salary cap woes and lose the cornerstones to the franchise, albeit the older bricks to the foundation.

However if Danny deals Pierce and KG together, we'll have two teams to root for!

Go Get 'Em Danny!

No they would take crap contracts, a few assets and DRAFT choices!
They could then waive the players whose contracts they didn't like.
Josh Smith is going to leave ATL.  Any draft picks the Hawks get for him is going to be helpful in their work to build their franchise. 
This blockbuster might be like Tball-  everybody is a winner!!!!

"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Me = 1
Ainge = 0

How is your plan going forward better? You think clearing cap space > 3 future 1st rounders?

« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2013, 04:47:11 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm wondering if Danny is looking at the framework we're talking about, but contingent on finding a team to flip Wallace to.  If so, can't see him finding an arrangement that works, but I don't mind looking into it.

If he honestly is considering taking on Wallace, the deal had better be a lot more favorable to us than what we're seeing so far.

« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2013, 04:54:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2742

Ah, but so what?

Go Get 'Em Danny!

No they would take crap contracts, a few assets and DRAFT choices!
They could then waive the players whose contracts they didn't like.
Josh Smith is going to leave ATL.  Any draft picks the Hawks get for him is going to be helpful in their work to build their franchise. 
This blockbuster might be like Tball-  everybody is a winner!!!!

Hey!! Some of us never won at Tball. Just saying  ;D

« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2013, 04:54:42 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Celtics and Nets continue to make significant progress on parameters of a Garnett-Pierce deal, sources in talks tell Y! Sports.

The teams won't seek approval of Garnett to waive his no-trade clause "until the deal is agreed upon," one source in talks tells Y!

For Boston to get Garnett to agree to waive his no trade, it takes a unique circumstance: Moving with Pierce to a big market might be it.

Boston had raised the Garnett-Pierce package with a Western Conference team, but very few places, if any, would go all-in like Nets on this.

Wojo

« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2013, 04:56:34 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
The first thing I thought of when i saw this was that Humphries (or Wallace) would actually be going to Atlanta in exchange for Josh Smith. Either of those players would be a better consolation for Atlanta than having Smith walk away.

It wouldn't surprise me if Smith has let them know he'd like to play in Boston and he'd help them get something in return if they could work out a trade... 

« Reply #299 on: June 27, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Boston had raised the Garnett-Pierce package with a Western Conference team, but very few places, if any, would go all-in like Nets on this.

Wojo