Author Topic: C's/Clippers Update, Marc Stein Reporting NBA Office forcing reworking  (Read 53100 times)

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
KG in a Clippers jersey ... Doc coaching from the Clips bench ... man, I just don't want to see any of this crap. I can't help but go over in my head all the "bleed green" and "Celtic Pride" talks Ticket has given over the last few seasons ... so what was the purpose of the no trade clause, big guy? I'm just disgusted by this whole thing.

You think he forced the trade? No. The Celtics wanted to trade him, so he's in a position where "Well they want to trade me so might as well waive the clause. They don't want me anyway."
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
KG in a Clippers jersey ... Doc coaching from the Clips bench ... man, I just don't want to see any of this crap. I can't help but go over in my head all the "bleed green" and "Celtic Pride" talks Ticket has given over the last few seasons ... so what was the purpose of the no trade clause, big guy? I'm just disgusted by this whole thing.

You think he forced the trade? No. The Celtics wanted to trade him, so he's in a position where "Well they want to trade me so might as well waive the clause. They don't want me anyway."

LOL
what?
You're forgetting KG is 37, a man and has a NO TRADE CLAUSE
he waived it cuz HE WANTED TO

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

LOL
what?

He's waiving it because it's clear that Danny no longer wants him on the team.

I guarantee that if Danny said he was going to "run it back" this year, KG would have been eager to compete in Boston.  However, after trying to trade KG last year and refusing to commit to trying to field a competitive team this year, I don't blame KG at all for accepting a life raft to LA.

Are people seriously spinning this like KG forced his way out? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
[Edited].  Totally unacceptable, man.  Profanity / masked profanity is not allowed on the blog under any circumstances.  There were at least five allusions to the F-word in your post.  This will be a last warning.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:33:43 AM by Roy H. »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
dbl pst

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This clears up what little confusion I had left:

Sources say the Clippers and Celtics, to push the trade through, will have to convince the league office that the deals were not contingent upon each other. According to NBA rules, side agreements or contingencies are prohibited in any trade or free-agent signing. Rules also prohibit coaches from being traded; teams can convey cash or draft picks as compensation to get a coach under contract released from those obligations.

It's thus believed that -- before any agreements between the Celtics and Clippers can be submitted to the league for the standard trade call to ensure that all the particulars meet the standards of the NBA's collective bargaining agreement -- both teams will have to prove the transactions are not essentially one trade.

And also... let's not let this nonsense start spreading about KG stabbing in the back.  Ainge doesn't want him here anymore.  He's being a good soldier and accepting a trade as opposed to retiring.  Hopefully he retires mid-season for the Clippers and comes back to the Celtics as a big man coach.

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

LOL
what?

I guarantee that if Danny said he was going to "run it back" this year, KG would have been eager to compete in Boston.  However, after trying to trade KG last year and refusing to commit to trying to field a competitive team this year, I don't blame KG at all for accepting a life raft to LA.

duh..cuz that's what running it back means.

KG is a Clipper because he has the power to waive his NTC. No one puts guns to his head. He and his pals are going to try to win a ring in LA.

I mean, I'm not mad at him. I won't be mad at PP. I think that's cool. Works out for everyone.

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I think he wants to play for Doc...so that.

• Al Horford

Yes....100%

Less load, more support,close to home might get some more jewelry...as tough as that sounds I think he's quite pleased. You can stop being a fanboy now.......er...Now....no wait....right NOW.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

LOL
what?

KG is a Clipper because he has the power to waive his NTC. No one puts guns to his head. He and his pals are going to try to win a ring in LA.

I mean, I'm not mad at him. I won't be mad at PP. I think that's cool. Works out for everyone.

If KG had his preference, he'd be playing in Boston.  His boss decided to tear the team down around him, and then pushed him out the door.  If you see that as a completely willing choice to leave, so be it.

As for "duh"... watch your tone.  This seems to be an ongoing issue with you. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

• Al Horford
[Edited].  Totally unacceptable, man.  Profanity / masked profanity is not allowed on the blog under any circumstances.  There were at least five allusions to the F-word in your post.  This will be a last warning.

Got it.
I'm new and the other night this stuff was getting by apparently I came in at a poor time. My bad.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If anything, Ainge is doing those guys a favor--sending them to a cross-conference, win-now team that has serious weaknesses that they address with the same coach so they can give it a better shot at a title than they would've been able to here.

Healthy Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are an upgrade from Rehabbing Sullinger & Rondo.

In other news I'm about to watch a loop of DeAndre Jordan missing free throws while punching myself in the most sensitive of areas because this is awful and I hate it and its awful.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

LOL
what?

If KG had his preference, he'd be playing in Boston.  His boss decided to tear the team down around him, and then pushed him out the door.  If you see that as a completely willing choice to leave, so be it.

As for "duh"... watch your tone.  This seems to be an ongoing issue with you.

what issue? the fact that your statement was obvious? mmkay. my b.

KG has also said he wants to play for Doc.
I think people are trying to make it seem like KG is begrudgingly doing this. At the very least, it's 50/50. KG is 37. He might win a 2nd ring. He'll be allllllllllllright.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Got it.
I'm new and the other night this stuff was getting by apparently I came in at a poor time. My bad.

Thanks.