Author Topic: C's/Clippers Update, Marc Stein Reporting NBA Office forcing reworking  (Read 52961 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
KG in a Clippers jersey ... Doc coaching from the Clips bench ... man, I just don't want to see any of this crap. I can't help but go over in my head all the "bleed green" and "Celtic Pride" talks Ticket has given over the last few seasons ... so what was the purpose of the no trade clause, big guy? I'm just disgusted by this whole thing.

You think he forced the trade? No. The Celtics wanted to trade him, so he's in a position where "Well they want to trade me so might as well waive the clause. They don't want me anyway."

LOL
what?
You're forgetting KG is 37, a man and has a NO TRADE CLAUSE
he waived it cuz HE WANTED TO

He's waiving it because it's clear that Danny no longer wants him on the team.

I guarantee that if Danny said he was going to "run it back" this year, KG would have been eager to compete in Boston.  However, after trying to trade KG last year and refusing to commit to trying to field a competitive team this year, I don't blame KG at all for accepting a life raft to LA.

Are people seriously spinning this like KG forced his way out?

duh..cuz that's what running it back means.

KG is a Clipper because he has the power to waive his NTC. No one puts guns to his head. He and his pals are going to try to win a ring in LA.

I mean, I'm not mad at him. I won't be mad at PP. I think that's cool. Works out for everyone.

If KG had his preference, he'd be playing in Boston.  His boss decided to tear the team down around him, and then pushed him out the door.  If you see that as a completely willing choice to leave, so be it.

As for "duh"... watch your tone.  This seems to be an ongoing issue with you.

don't start ripping Danny again , what did you want him to do ?  Just keep running it back to make KG,Doc and PP happy?

Letting those guys dictate what moves we make is a horrible way to run an organization . They made Danny kill the Ray for OJ Mayo trade last year .

This is the main reason they have to go , we simply can't build a contender around them anymore.

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
KG in a Clippers jersey ... Doc coaching from the Clips bench ... man, I just don't want to see any of this crap. I can't help but go over in my head all the "bleed green" and "Celtic Pride" talks Ticket has given over the last few seasons ... so what was the purpose of the no trade clause, big guy? I'm just disgusted by this whole thing.

You think he forced the trade? No. The Celtics wanted to trade him, so he's in a position where "Well they want to trade me so might as well waive the clause. They don't want me anyway."

LOL
what?

Imagine you're in KG's shoes. Your GM has entertained trade talks with other GMs and wants to rebuild. He actually pushes through with trading you and you're being traded to a contender with legit pieces. You're telling me you're not going to waive your NTC given that your team just pushed through with the trade? Your team obviously wants to go in a different direction and you'll want to waive your NTC

Yes, part of why KG will waive his NTC is because he's being traded to a contender and lives in LA, but KG never forced a trade or "gave up his loyalty" as what the poster I was originally replying to suggested.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25603
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
don't start ripping Danny again , what did you want him to do ?  Just keep running it back to make KG,Doc and PP happy?

We had a better chance of winning with our core than I think we'll ever have through a rebuild.  DeAndre Jordan and late #1s aren't building blocks, and I don't think this deal will end up helping the rebuild at all.  What it will do is hasten the return of terrible basketball.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

LOL
what?

He's waiving it because it's clear that Danny no longer wants him on the team.

I guarantee that if Danny said he was going to "run it back" this year, KG would have been eager to compete in Boston.  However, after trying to trade KG last year and refusing to commit to trying to field a competitive team this year, I don't blame KG at all for accepting a life raft to LA.

Are people seriously spinning this like KG forced his way out?

duh..cuz that's what running it back means.

KG is a Clipper because he has the power to waive his NTC. No one puts guns to his head. He and his pals are going to try to win a ring in LA.

I mean, I'm not mad at him. I won't be mad at PP. I think that's cool. Works out for everyone.

If KG had his preference, he'd be playing in Boston.  His boss decided to tear the team down around him, and then pushed him out the door.  If you see that as a completely willing choice to leave, so be it.

As for "duh"... watch your tone.  This seems to be an ongoing issue with you.

Letting those guys dictate what moves we make is a horrible way to run an organization . They made Danny kill the Ray for OJ Mayo trade last year .

This is the main reason they have to go , we simply can't build a contender around them anymore.
I don't like it and it hasn't hit me that Pierce will be gone soon, too. You knew it was going to happen sooner rather than later though. I can't fault or root against KG actually hope big fella wins one more. I'm sure like Roy said it wasn't his plan to leave maybe not even Doc's, but Danny wanted to blow it up. He wanted to make this Clipper trade last season.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

This is best for all parties
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 03:01:05 AM »

Offline popofly

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
if this trade happens, we celtic fans could still root for KG,PP and Doc( on the west ), while waiting for the development of our young Celtic Team... and maybe, just maybe, when our celtics are ready to contend again, PP, KG and DOc, can come back and give their championship heart back to the team. No time wasted, are parties are happy.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Am I the only one here who thinks this deal won't be approved because Donald Sterling won't want to pay Doc the money he's supposed to pay.

Either way, glad it's almost over. Rebuild here we come. We first start by telling Danny to tell DeAndre Jordan that "if you want the Celtics fanbase to love you, you better average 12-14 rebounds and 2 blocks a game. Anything else that's good after that is butter. This is my challenge to you."
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Eastcoast Lob City baby  :-\
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Am I the only one here who thinks this deal won't be approved because Donald Sterling won't want to pay Doc the money he's supposed to pay.

Either way, glad it's almost over. Rebuild here we come. We first start by telling Danny to tell DeAndre Jordan that "if you want the Celtics fanbase to love you, you better average 12-14 rebounds and 2 blocks a game. Anything else that's good after that is butter. This is my challenge to you."

I'm pretty sure that's what caused the Clippers to bail the first time. It wouldn't make sense to start up talks again if Sterling was just gonna veto it again.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1019
Once this deal is finalized, I want Boston to pursue Josh Smith. I need to be satisfied  :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Calling it now

Deal will be blocked for "Basketball Reasons"

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Calling it now

Deal will be blocked for "Basketball Reasons"

Stern will consult Lebron first if this is acceptable to him.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Once this deal is finalized, I want Boston to pursue Josh Smith. I need to be satisfied  :(

I respectfully disagree and hope not. He's going to command a ton of money for 4 years and he's not going to live to that contract.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79

We had a better chance of winning with our core than I think we'll ever have through a rebuild.  DeAndre Jordan and late #1s aren't building blocks, and I don't think this deal will end up helping the rebuild at all.  What it will do is hasten the return of terrible basketball.

I'd run it back one more year and hope Rondo puts us over the edge.  I don't think we'd be bad enough to tank if we let KG and Paul go.  So what's the point?  If we got Bledsoe and flipped him for Milsap or something that'd be a different story. 

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

I'd run it back one more year and hope Rondo puts us over the edge.  I don't think we'd be bad enough to tank if we let KG and Paul go.  So what's the point?  If we got Bledsoe and flipped him for Milsap or something that'd be a different story.
run what back? KG's done. He's taking one for the team with the trade, but his feet are done with the bone spurs. theres no way he could play without sitting out part or all of the season.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

I respectfully disagree and hope not. He's going to command a ton of money for 4 years and he's not going to live to that contract.

Trade Jordan, Bass and two first round picks (filler if need be) tAnyonnta for Smith and Korver?  Anyone who thinks smith will be overpaid...he will be a bargain compared to what Jordan gives per dollar.

Hawks could probably use an athletic rebounding / shotblocking big like Jordan, and I think they were asking for young players and picks last time we went after smith.

Then sign a center using the MLE.

No idea if they would take this or not.

I seriously doubt Danny's plans end here.  He was extremely fixed on getting either Bledsoe or picks for this trade...im pretty sure he already has a big second deal lined up that's dependant on the assets he's getting back in this one...I don't imagine he hds much interest in DeAndre or the late first round picks as building blocks to be honest.