Author Topic: Official Discuss your CB Draft team  (Read 357620 times)

Re: Official Discuss your CB Draft team
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Tyreke Evans
SG: Anthony Morrow
SF: Corey Brewer
PF: Kevin Love
C: Andray Blatche

We know Blatche is immature.  Now there are reports that Evans is also immature and his team, the Kings, enabled him to be that.

Both have alot of talent.  How do you finally adjust their attitudes?

Excellent question. The youth and immaturity aspect was one reason I chose Nat McMillian as coach. He successfully handled a very young team the past few years but especially in the 2007/2008 season. That would be my first strategy to deal with this.

The second steals a page from former 49ers coach Bill Walsh. In the 1980's, he had sociologist Harry Edwards work with his team to address issues of race, money, inter team dynamics. I would use the same strategy. Memphis will bring in a person in a similar role to work with our young players.

Thirdly but it connects to the second, we will look at bringing in some former NBAers to work with some of our guys.

Fourthly, we have some key vets targeted in the later rounds.

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
LeBron James, Amare Stoudemire, Emeka Okafor.

3 guys, already the best team.
Simply put, unbelievable start though you only have 3 players and we are entering the second week. Can you add enough to get past the Lebron backlash that is definitely going to occur? I'm not so sure.

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2010, 11:36:20 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders

How does Memphis plan on stopping anyone in the post?

Blatche and Love are solid defenders.

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2010, 11:38:33 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I will say about your team what I said about, and was kind of correct about, last year's CrotorNats. I see game degradation and age starting to play a major factor with this team this year. . . . For that reason, while they look like a talented team based on reputation, I see a team that is playoff good and 1st round exit probable.

Don't bash the CrotoNats too much; one of those guys you were picking impending doom for was Manu Ginobili, as I recall. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2010, 11:41:20 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Rip Hamilton
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: Dirk
C: Marcin Gortat

I am quite happy with my team.  Leading the team on Offense we have one of the 10 best Pg's of all time who always fills up the stat sheets.  Most importantly he averaged 9 Assists last year. 

We Liked Rip at the two guard spot because of his midrange game and Defense. With Kidd, Prince, and Dirk on the team we felt like we had a ton of 3 point shooting so we wanted to get somebody to diversify the offense who is also a great passer and we got that with rip.  Also, With Kidd being a bit of a defensive liability on opposing PG's.  We like that Rip is quick enough to defend PG's and Kidd was actually a very effective defender against SG's last year.

We Love having a guy of Prince's character on the team at our starting SF.  He is an efficient scorer as well as great defender and Passer.  With a guy like Dirk on the team we want guys that can score without dominating the ball and Prince fits the bill. 

Im not sure i even need to write about dirk but any time you have a legit 7 footer who scores 25 a game you gotta have him on the floor.  He can score the ball in so many ways hes is almost impossible to stop on the offensive end. 

Gortat is our second 7 footer and a great fit for our team.  He is a very mobile rebounder and defender who we think is a great fit next to Dirk.  We here have all seen what he can do in the playoffs and im quite happy to have him on the team. 

Overall we think this is one of the best starting 5's in the league and im excited to see how I can fill out the rest of the roster
I will say about your team what I said about, and was kind of correct about, last year's CrotorNats. I see game degradation and age starting to play a major factor with this team this year. I can see Kidd, Rip, Prince and Dirk taking backwards steps both physically and in their overall, all around game. For that reason, while they look like a talented team based on reputation, I see a team that is playoff good and 1st round exit probable.

Of course, last year's CrotorNats won it all and I think you are a great GM at selling your team, so this team should very deep into this year's playoffs. This team to me just reminds me of the real life Mavericks over the last half decade or so. Very very good on paper. In reality, less than spectacular. I'm not sure if I'm describing that right, but that's what I see.

I see what your saying nick.  And I will take being compared to the real life Mavericks since they were the number two seed in the west this year in a top Heavy NBA.  

I figured since this is a "One Year Deal"  I should get the most effective players now and not worry about contracts or future years.  And while I understand the concern about Kidd I dont really get the concern regarding Rip, Prince and Dirk.  Rip is 32, Prince is 30, and Dirk is 32 which means in NBA terms they should all have at least 3 good years left, Prince more than that.  

And while Rip had a down shooting year (% wise) which i attribute to his sprained ankle more than anything.  Neither Rip, Prince, or Dirk had Stat lines that were any worse than their last 3-4 years.  So I still see them being able to contribute at the same levels they had in the past.  
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2010, 11:44:08 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rip is 32, Prince is 30, and Dirk is 32 which means in NBA terms they should all have at least 3 good years left, Prince more than that. 

I feel a historical analysis of how 32 year old shooting guards hold up over time coming on... ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2010, 11:45:53 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Lets be Honest IF perkins wasnt Injuried The
Andrycrotorpickels were already champs
I am ready to accept the trophy after my next pick

Saludos

Jammer Nelson, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, David Lee, Kendrick Perkins
I said this yesterday in chat. It looks like the CrotorPickles strategy is gather as much current Celtics on the team as possible and play to the hearts of Celticsblog to win even though they have a majorly injured center and a lot less talent than the real life Celtics.

The real life Celtics two best players are Rondo and KG and you have taken a huge step backwards replacing them with Nelson and Lee. Especially with nelson as the real life C's whole team concept functions best with Rondo's offensive guidance and defensive pressure. Nelson is severely lacking there.

You are going to have an extremely difficult time, even with Edgar's almost super human sales abilities, selling to knowledgeable Celtics fans that Perk would contribute anything to your team next year. That pick was a huge mistake. Sorry, just my opinion.

My prediction, you continue to draft current day Celtics and try and market your team as the equal of the real life team. My other prediction, that strategy ultimately fails.

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2010, 11:50:19 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I will say about your team what I said about, and was kind of correct about, last year's CrotorNats. I see game degradation and age starting to play a major factor with this team this year. . . . For that reason, while they look like a talented team based on reputation, I see a team that is playoff good and 1st round exit probable.

Don't bash the CrotoNats too much; one of those guys you were picking impending doom for was Manu Ginobili, as I recall. ;)
Well, I did say I was "kind of correct".  ;D

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2010, 11:50:51 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Rip is 32, Prince is 30, and Dirk is 32 which means in NBA terms they should all have at least 3 good years left, Prince more than that. 

I feel a historical analysis of how 32 year old shooting guards hold up over time coming on... ;)

Trust Me, I know that there is a drop off.  But you are talking about guy who hasnt made his career shooting threes.  He has been a mid range assassin his whole career so I dont see their being as dramatic a drop.  And as I said, when you look at his last 3-4 years they are remarkably consistent.  

And as a celtics fan I had better hope the dropoff trend isnt the end all be all considering ray is soon to be 35 and we have him for a whole other year.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2010, 11:51:58 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Rip Hamilton
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: Dirk
C: Marcin Gortat

I am quite happy with my team.  Leading the team on Offense we have one of the 10 best Pg's of all time who always fills up the stat sheets.  Most importantly he averaged 9 Assists last year. 

We Liked Rip at the two guard spot because of his midrange game and Defense. With Kidd, Prince, and Dirk on the team we felt like we had a ton of 3 point shooting so we wanted to get somebody to diversify the offense who is also a great passer and we got that with rip.  Also, With Kidd being a bit of a defensive liability on opposing PG's.  We like that Rip is quick enough to defend PG's and Kidd was actually a very effective defender against SG's last year.

We Love having a guy of Prince's character on the team at our starting SF.  He is an efficient scorer as well as great defender and Passer.  With a guy like Dirk on the team we want guys that can score without dominating the ball and Prince fits the bill. 

Im not sure i even need to write about dirk but any time you have a legit 7 footer who scores 25 a game you gotta have him on the floor.  He can score the ball in so many ways hes is almost impossible to stop on the offensive end. 

Gortat is our second 7 footer and a great fit for our team.  He is a very mobile rebounder and defender who we think is a great fit next to Dirk.  We here have all seen what he can do in the playoffs and im quite happy to have him on the team. 

Overall we think this is one of the best starting 5's in the league and im excited to see how I can fill out the rest of the roster
I will say about your team what I said about, and was kind of correct about, last year's CrotorNats. I see game degradation and age starting to play a major factor with this team this year. I can see Kidd, Rip, Prince and Dirk taking backwards steps both physically and in their overall, all around game. For that reason, while they look like a talented team based on reputation, I see a team that is playoff good and 1st round exit probable.

Of course, last year's CrotorNats won it all and I think you are a great GM at selling your team, so this team should very deep into this year's playoffs. This team to me just reminds me of the real life Mavericks over the last half decade or so. Very very good on paper. In reality, less than spectacular. I'm not sure if I'm describing that right, but that's what I see.

I see what your saying nick.  And I will take being compared to the real life Mavericks since they were the number two seed in the west this year in a top Heavy NBA.  

I figured since this is a "One Year Deal"  I should get the most effective players now and not worry about contracts or future years.  And while I understand the concern about Kidd I dont really get the concern regarding Rip, Prince and Dirk.  Rip is 32, Prince is 30, and Dirk is 32 which means in NBA terms they should all have at least 3 good years left, Prince more than that.  

And while Rip had a down shooting year (% wise) which i attribute to his sprained ankle more than anything.  Neither Rip, Prince, or Dirk had Stat lines that were any worse than their last 3-4 years.  So I still see them being able to contribute at the same levels they had in the past.  
Fair enough. I'm taking that one more good year shot with Manu myself. And just because there could be some game degradation, doesn't mean there will be a lot. :D

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2010, 11:53:10 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Not from me. I have an old SG on my team  ;D

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2010, 11:56:45 AM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
I'll throw the Celtics on the Block:

PG: Rondo
Sg: Smith-till I draftt the starter
SF: Maggette
PF: Harrington
C: Bogut
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2010, 11:56:47 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
What do people think of this team so far?

PG: Kirk Hinrich
SG: JJ Redick
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Elton Brand
C: Anderson Varejao

6th: Mehmet Okur (he may start at Center)

I think we have good flexability with our frontline. Being able to hit outside shots, and we have a defender who can guard PF or C and do the little things.

We have the 3pt threats with Redick and Okur, right now Hinrich as the PG is a big PG who can guard 2's and when this team gets another PG can slide over and play the two.
 I also think this is a very level headed team.

Would like to hear peoples thoughts.

I almost think you'd be better off doing what Philly does in real life:  bring Brand off the bench.

I'd like to see a lineup of:

C: Okur
PF: Varejao
SF: Durant
SG: Redick
PG: Hinrich

Brand has lost a bit of his mobility, and has added a lot of bulk.  Against mobile starting forwards, I think he'd struggle a bit, but against backup bigs and most centers, he'd excel.

The question mark I have, I guess, is whether Durant and Redick are good enough defensively on the wings.  I could see you sliding Hinrich over to SG a lot, and maybe bringing in more of a penetrating point guard.

As I said above, I have your team coming out of a *very* strong Eastern Conference right now.  Plenty of things can change, but I love your foundation.
Multiple TPs to Roy for this because it saved me from having to write almost the exact same thing.

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
I'll throw the Celtics on the Block:

PG: Rondo
Sg: Smith-till I draftt the starter
SF: Maggette
PF: Harrington
C: Bogut

I like Rondo and Bogut, Magette is a slasher who is continually one of the best at getting to the line.  But having Smith and Harrington as people who like to do their own thing worries me about this team.

« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2010, 12:01:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
What do people think of this team so far?

PG: Kirk Hinrich
SG: JJ Redick
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Elton Brand
C: Anderson Varejao

6th: Mehmet Okur (he may start at Center)

I think we have good flexability with our frontline. Being able to hit outside shots, and we have a defender who can guard PF or C and do the little things.

We have the 3pt threats with Redick and Okur, right now Hinrich as the PG is a big PG who can guard 2's and when this team gets another PG can slide over and play the two.
 I also think this is a very level headed team.

Would like to hear peoples thoughts.
Brand should be your backup C, he's no longer a PF based on what I've seen of his game the past two years.

I don't like Hinrich and Reddick as a back court together. Both give great defensive effort, but I don't think they have the necessary ability to check the more dynamic 1s and 2s in the game.