Author Topic: Official Discuss your CB Draft team  (Read 357617 times)

Re: Official Discuss your CB Draft team
« Reply #1725 on: April 12, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25583
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
SO...anyone want to discuss the fragility and likely ability of injury of Andrew Bynum versus that of Greg Oden and Yao Ming?

Bynum has played in 50 games and since the All-Star break is putting up the following numbers:

31.3 MPG, 11.9 PPG, 12.8 RPG, 4.3 ORPG, 2.6 BPG, 0.6 SPG, 60% FG%.

Jinxed?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1726 on: April 13, 2011, 12:32:59 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
SO...anyone want to discuss the fragility and likely ability of injury of Andrew Bynum versus that of Greg Oden and Yao Ming?

Bynum has played in 50 games and since the All-Star break is putting up the following numbers:

31.3 MPG, 11.9 PPG, 12.8 RPG, 4.3 ORPG, 2.6 BPG, 0.6 SPG, 60% FG%.

Jinxed?

Too soon?

« Reply #1727 on: May 01, 2011, 02:08:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
So, that Zach Randolph guy...  he's pretty good, huh?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1728 on: May 01, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I might actually be starting to like him.  He's got to be up there for most underrated player.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #1729 on: May 01, 2011, 03:01:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I might actually be starting to like him.  He's got to be up there for most underrated player.

i think what he's shown are:

1) He's not necessarily a team killer, and can in fact be a decent leader; and

2) His defense is a lot better than advertised (well, a lot better than advertised by anybody but myself in this thread).

« Reply #1730 on: May 01, 2011, 03:22:23 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald

2) His defense is a lot better than advertised (well, a lot better than advertised by anybody but myself in this thread).
Yeah he's proven to be at least an average defender.  But I think there are several below average defenders who would play much better if/when they finally start playing with a team-focused defense.  A lot of people disagree with me when I say it was Tony Allen that turned this team around but he's finally doing what Gasol couldn't and defense is just so huge in the playoffs.

I'm still not buying your Boozer defense argument though  :P (or was that the other draft?).  Regardless of the coaching and personnel around him I still don't see good overall defense.
Philly:

« Reply #1731 on: May 01, 2011, 03:29:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I might actually be starting to like him.  He's got to be up there for most underrated player.

Yeah he's proven to be at least an average defender.  But I think there are several below average defenders who would play much better if/when they finally start playing with a team-focused defense.  A lot of people disagree with me when I say it was Tony Allen that turned this team around but he's finally doing what Gasol couldn't and defense is just so huge in the playoffs.

I'm still not buying your Boozer defense argument though  :P (or was that the other draft?).  Regardless of the coaching and personnel around him I still don't see good overall defense.

Let me make you appreciate Boozer:

He's a key piece on the #1 defense in the league, which is hard if you're an atrocious defender.  With Noah out, it was Boozer playing center, and he did very well.  Boozer allowed opponents to shoot 40.5% against him this year, which pretty good.  (For perspective -- and I'm not equating these two -- KG's opponents shoot 39.2%).

I'd put Boozer into the "average" category, and Randolph as slightly above average.  And hey, the way they've played this year, I don't care what type of defense they play:  nobody is beating Boozer / Randolph / Rose.

« Reply #1732 on: May 01, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Picking up Tony Allen, Landry Fields, and Omer Asik were pretty awesome picks.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1733 on: May 01, 2011, 03:32:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Don't you have an article to be writing? ;)

But yeah, Chicago's bench looks a lot better in hindsight.  Too bad Miller, Jennings, and Ilyasova largely sucked. 

« Reply #1734 on: May 01, 2011, 03:34:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Don't you have an article to be writing? ;)

But yeah, Chicago's bench looks a lot better in hindsight.  Too bad Miller, Jennings, and Ilyasova largely sucked.

Indeed.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1735 on: May 01, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
I might actually be starting to like him.  He's got to be up there for most underrated player.

Yeah he's proven to be at least an average defender.  But I think there are several below average defenders who would play much better if/when they finally start playing with a team-focused defense.  A lot of people disagree with me when I say it was Tony Allen that turned this team around but he's finally doing what Gasol couldn't and defense is just so huge in the playoffs.

I'm still not buying your Boozer defense argument though  :P (or was that the other draft?).  Regardless of the coaching and personnel around him I still don't see good overall defense.

Let me make you appreciate Boozer:

He's a key piece on the #1 defense in the league, which is hard if you're an atrocious defender.  With Noah out, it was Boozer playing center, and he did very well.  Boozer allowed opponents to shoot 40.5% against him this year, which pretty good.  (For perspective -- and I'm not equating these two -- KG's opponents shoot 39.2%).

I'd put Boozer into the "average" category, and Randolph as slightly above average.  And hey, the way they've played this year, I don't care what type of defense they play:  nobody is beating Boozer / Randolph / Rose.
While his allowed % is lower than I would have estimated from the eye test, I still hate his help defense, and I can't help but wonder how much his teammates' help defense effects the numbers.  Between Noah, all the games Thomas started, and Chicago's tough perimeter defense (Bogans, Deng, Brewer, Watson) I would call Boozer anything but "key" to their defense.

I'd say all his mistakes alone would take him out of the average category.
Philly: