Author Topic: Official Discuss your CB Draft team  (Read 357622 times)

Re: Official Discuss your CB Draft team
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 01:52:00 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
I'll put mine under the scope as well, despite the fact I do not yet have a full starting five:

Guards: Tony Parker
Forwards: Danny Granger, Troy Murphy, JJ Hickson
Centers: Samuel Dalembert

I envision stretches when Hickson will play as PF alongside either Murphy or Dalembert.

It's tough to judge this startine lineup without a SG in place.  Parker is a pick and roll player, who plays it with him?  Hickson?  I'd like to see that.  I don't particularly like Murphy as a player.  Trade him for a SG that can shoot and defend and you're in good shape.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 01:56:26 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
LeBron James, Amare Stoudemire, Emeka Okafor.

3 guys, already the best team.

Like this team for the regular season for sure.  Any team with Lebron and decent role players is going to win 60+ games because it's effortless for him to pound out wins against weaker competition during the regular season.  And he's got a co-star in Amare, 1 good role player in Emeka, and still plenty of role players on the board.

Prognosis: 60 wins, conference finals appearance and possibly more depending on how roster rounds out
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 01:57:44 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'll put mine under the scope as well, despite the fact I do not yet have a full starting five:

Guards: Tony Parker
Forwards: Danny Granger, Troy Murphy, JJ Hickson
Centers: Samuel Dalembert

I envision stretches when Hickson will play as PF alongside either Murphy or Dalembert.

It's tough to judge this startine lineup without a SG in place.  Parker is a pick and roll player, who plays it with him?  Hickson?  I'd like to see that.  I don't particularly like Murphy as a player.  Trade him for a SG that can shoot and defend and you're in good shape.

I think you're going to see 20+10 from Hickson this season.

I like

Parker
?
Granger
Hickson
Murphy

with no true center better than splitting time with Murphy and Hickson at the 4.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 02:08:19 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Lets be Honest IF perkins wasnt Injuried The
Andrycrotorpickels were already champs
I am ready to accept the trophy after my next pick

Saludos

Jammer Nelson, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, David Lee, Kendrick Perkins

Jameer < Rondo.  Lee < KG.  Rest are Celtics and Perk is injured.  So, I'll take 6 wins away from the last season's celtics.  But Celtics had a weak bench last season.  If you can construct a better bench than the celts, you gain more wins back.  But I still like this team has having 2 very good rebounders, a rock C defender, 2 shooters and scorers, and a pg who can shoot plus run an offense.

Prognosis:  44 wins, makes it to either conference finals or conference semi's.  A lot depends on the bench with two aging wings and an injured center.

Love the analysis but youre vastly underestimating Lee}
AND Jammer in my taste nest to deron one of the few to makle Rondo look bad
We will see
The ultra defensive rebounding phisical bench will come

or maybe not

but the core and the heart and the quality is there
and the competition is not
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 02:30:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Lee and KG are kind of apples and oranges. Lee's baskets were opportunistic, a lot of desire and right place, right time. His rebounding numbers are awesome, but defensively he's not on par with KG. Just kind of different guys.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 03:21:26 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Lee and KG are kind of apples and oranges. Lee's baskets were opportunistic, a lot of desire and right place, right time. His rebounding numbers are awesome, but defensively he's not on par with KG. Just kind of different guys.

soo.. lets give hime the benefit of a doubt
specially when we are talking age
we all see kgs step
Lee in the other hand
will be there
for long
soo
lets trust in the new big guy

the oranges this time are VERY good
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2010, 07:56:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Well, here's mine so far. Take your best shots.

Boxers

Center: Andrew Bynum
Power Forward: Luis Scola
Small Forward: Wilson Chandler
Shooting Guard: Manu Ginobili
Point Guard: Raymond Felton

Rotation Bench: Udonis Haslem, ??, ??, ??

Deep Bench: ??, ??, ??

For me, as most know, it's about rebounding and defense. The front court and SF position has size and length and all are good rebounders and good defenders. Ginobili and Scola provide the vet leadership. Manu and Felton have good outside shooting games. Scola a good mid range game. Bynum is starting to establish himself as one of the better centers in the league. And they all have a championship pedigree on some level except Chandler, which I think is important.

I am very happy with my Boxers. Go Pack!!!

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2010, 09:34:40 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102

Boxers

For me, as most know, it's about rebounding and defense. The front court and SF position has size and length and all are good rebounders and good defenders. Ginobili and Scola provide the vet leadership. Manu and Felton have good outside shooting games. Scola a good mid range game. Bynum is starting to establish himself as one of the better centers in the league. And they all have a championship pedigree on some level except Chandler, which I think is important.

Nick I love the defense this team can play and the attitude it will have! I think it is lack that quintessential scoring slashing sf. I love the Haslem pick up. I like the team so far add some more pieces through the next couple of picks and you will be solid!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2010, 10:00:19 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I will throw out my team to start.

Detroit
-Guards: John Wall, Ben Gordon
-Forwards: Al Jefferson, Marvin Williams
-Centers: Roy Hibbert

I dont think you could have started with a more inept defensive starting 5.

Gordon is a matador on defense, Jeffersons defensive inefficiencies are still evident, Hibbert is too weak to handle good centers (like Bogut).

Wall and Williams are adequate defenders.

Your team also gets killed on the boards.

Offensively they are solid, but what energy on that end will they have after getting pounded defensively.

I'd be looking to move Big Al for more of a defensive minded/rebounding 4.

Really?

Hibbert is to weak?  7'2.   278 lbs.  Speed is his issue.  Not size and strength.

And lack of rebounds?  Jefferson is a double digit rebounder.  Hibbert grabs almost 6 in 25 minutes a game.  Williams average 5.4 for his career as a SF. 

I am not trading Big Al unless the following big men are offered: Howard, Bosh, Gasol, or Amare.  Everyone else is a step back or older then my target team. 

They are going to have to be coached up defensively, but they have the ability to play defense.  (not to mention the team is only 5 players at the moment.  not the time to blow the team up until the bench is in the picture)

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2010, 10:02:02 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Boxers

When healthy, a team capable of making the playoffs.

But your best two offensive players have built a reputation of being hurt come playoff time. 

Is that good enough considering Manu's age?  Does he fit the long term view of your team?

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2010, 10:06:53 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I will throw out my team to start.

Detroit
-Guards: John Wall, Ben Gordon
-Forwards: Al Jefferson, Marvin Williams
-Centers: Roy Hibbert

I dont think you could have started with a more inept defensive starting 5.

Gordon is a matador on defense, Jeffersons defensive inefficiencies are still evident, Hibbert is too weak to handle good centers (like Bogut).

Wall and Williams are adequate defenders.

Your team also gets killed on the boards.

Offensively they are solid, but what energy on that end will they have after getting pounded defensively.

I'd be looking to move Big Al for more of a defensive minded/rebounding 4.

Really?

Hibbert is to weak?  7'2.   278 lbs.  Speed is his issue.  Not size and strength.

And lack of rebounds?  Jefferson is a double digit rebounder.  Hibbert grabs almost 6 in 25 minutes a game.  Williams average 5.4 for his career as a SF. 

I am not trading Big Al unless the following big men are offered: Howard, Bosh, Gasol, or Amare.  Everyone else is a step back or older then my target team. 

They are going to have to be coached up defensively, but they have the ability to play defense.  (not to mention the team is only 5 players at the moment.  not the time to blow the team up until the bench is in the picture)
I gotta agree with wd here about his team's rebounding. I think they are a pretty good rebounding bunch. Hibbert and Big Al are big and long and strong and take up space. They will do pretty [dang] well rebounding.

There lack of lateral speed or being able to play help defense or jump out to challenge a mid range or outside shooting big will cost wd's team. But, they will score and get their fair share of rebounds, that's for sure.

Wall is the big question mark. If he travels along the same path as Rose, that's a huge plus. If not, Detroit will struggle.

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2010, 10:13:28 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Boxers

When healthy, a team capable of making the playoffs.

But your best two offensive players have built a reputation of being hurt come playoff time. 

Is that good enough considering Manu's age?  Does he fit the long term view of your team?
Good questions. All I can say about injuries is that you hope for and expect the best and plan properly for the worst. That would mean drafting good depth which I still have to do.

Regarding the long term view of the team, I know you and many others take that into consideration in this game, which is really cool to be honest. I don't. I see this as simply a build a team to get it through the playoffs for this one year. So I guess my answer is Manu will be great next year and that is okay for me. beyond that doesn't matter since I'm really not trying to build a "Team of the Future" team.

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2010, 10:23:31 AM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77
I'll throw the Nyets into the fire.

PG-Aaron Brooks
SG-Andre Iguodala
SF- Hedo Turkoglu
PF-Hakim Warrick
C- Nene Hilario
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2010, 10:28:25 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Tyreke Evans
SG: Anthony Morrow
SF: Corey Brewer
PF: Kevin Love
C: Andray Blatche

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2010, 10:33:55 AM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Tyreke Evans
SG: Anthony Morrow
SF: Corey Brewer
PF: Kevin Love
C: Andray Blatche

Love your team for Team of the Future. Not sure about Morrow's defense or Blatche's ability to give a crap. Slightly higher ceiling than this year's Grizz, maybe 45 to 48 wins.
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph