Author Topic: Bulls (16-20) at Celtics (27-10) 1/14  (Read 88232 times)

Re: Bulls (16-20) at Celtics (27-10) 1/14
« Reply #480 on: January 14, 2010, 11:13:22 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
boston has to go through the cavs it looks like..and when they make a move for jamison or troy murphy..it will get that much harder....but hey we have scal, billy, JR and no #2 PG..and a gimpy KG...bring them on....

What other moves would you make? Its easy to criticize but what would you like to see.

I think you need to chill out and step away for a while celticorlando. You're taking a mid January loss to a decent team way to hard.

« Reply #481 on: January 14, 2010, 11:14:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I've seen a lot of posts recently that Davis has been playing terrible.  How so?  I find this ironic b/c I've been one of his biggest "haters" I guess you could say, and yet I think he's actually rebounding and doing some things well finally.  However, I've always pointed out that he is slow to rotate on defense and anyone with athleticism (95% of the nba) can get by him quickly.. even down low.  So what are you guys seeing out there?

really i see a guy with no commitment to his team and him being out of shape and cant get off his feet, cant shoot, cant make free throws, doesnt rotate, doesnt take his job seriously, and thinks his job is a big joke! other than that hes fine

Ummm..actually Glen Davis is in the best shape of his NBA Career.

No worries from this game. Yes we lost and yes I'm disappointed, but no KG, Sheed or Marquis.

Play the Bulls with KG, Sheed, and Marquis and we run them, just like we did in Boston earlier and in Chicago.

As this season moves on, it's apparent to me that the Celtics will still win Banner 18 - in June of this year. No worries from this end.

When I walk outside tomorrow, I won't see the sky falling, lol...
His lift and stamina aren't where they need to be, he's probably at his lowest playing weight I agree. But that's not the same thing as game shape.

« Reply #482 on: January 14, 2010, 11:15:37 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
boston has to go through the cavs it looks like..and when they make a move for jamison or troy murphy..it will get that much harder....but hey we have scal, billy, JR and no #2 PG..and a gimpy KG...bring them on....

last scene of "saving private ryan"...against all odds baby~

« Reply #483 on: January 14, 2010, 11:19:30 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I hope Danny is watching this closely.....it IS time to trade Ray Allen's EXPIRING OLD LEGS and contract.

Yea, screw Ray Allen and his 58% TS!!!

And how can injuries not be an excuse? We are missing our best player and true anchor of our defense. Get a clue.

finally a voice of reason.. so would u rather hace KG limping out there trying to win a game in jan. or would u rather have him healthy in April?

Do you think he's gonna be healthy in April?? cuz I doubt it...

I doubt this team is ever gonna be fully healthy again! we're old and when you get injured at this age,there's really no ending in that...
I'm telling u, tonight I realized that this team has no decent chances of winning another title... it's so sad!

LOL!!! then please dont watch any more games this year..
that would be a great idea,you know why, cuz it's 6:00 a.m. right now in my country and I have to get up at 9:00 and this happens every single day we play cuz I haven't missed a single game... but even after the tough losses like tonight I keep following this team cuz I love it and I was following them long before kg and allen came... so plz, dont tell what to do, I'm telling u my opinion just like I'm willing to hear yours...

this team needs to acquire some young,decent bench players! that's why I make these points... I can still remember when we made that bad stretch at the beginning of the season everyone was like "let's wait till the all star break and see if we keep playing poorly..."
well, now we say lets wait till the playoffs
ok, I say lets wait till kg,pierce or ray retire...

I'm not here to push the panic button or whatever, I'm just saying that we should get a little concerned about how's this season going...
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #484 on: January 14, 2010, 11:19:56 PM »

Offline JohnBagleyValueMeal

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 176
  • It's not hard to work hard.
In their last five games the Lakers have lost to the Clips, Portland and the Spurs.  You don't have to be a blind optimist to think that very good teams sometimes have bad games.The NBA is competitive and sometimes, when your best players have bad nights (Rondo, Pierce, Allen), you lose.  Teams have bad stretches sometimes.  It's not anything to be happy about but the sky isn't falling either.  If the Celts were playing like this in April, I'd be worried, but the jury's still out on this season.  Health isn't anything worth being worried about.  If it's there it's there.  If it's not there's nothing we can do about it. I don't think we can win a title without KG, but we're not at that point yet, are we?

And definitely credit the Bulls.  They're much better than their record, and will probably make their way up into a mid-range seed. Still, they should've creamed us and they couldn't pull away. Unbelievable to look at our turnovers and rebounding differential and think that was a winnable game!
McHale's favorite ruse is putting paper in the mouths of sleeping teammates. "Try using one of these cocktail napkins," he said. "When just the edge sticks out of a guy's mouth, it looks like he's got fangs. The best part is when he wakes up."
-- Sports Illustrated, 12/19/1983

« Reply #485 on: January 14, 2010, 11:21:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC

What other moves would you make? Its easy to criticize but what would you like to see.

I think you need to chill out and step away for a while celticorlando. You're taking a mid January loss to a decent team way to hard.

1. boston has not looked good for about a month...with and without KG. It isn't about a loss to a bulls team (which really isnt very good) in mid january that has me bent...it is the fact that they have not been playing good consistent basketball for some time now....

they continue to struggle on the boards even with KG...their effort at home is very poor

2. the injuries have not stopped. daniels has a history of long injuries. that now continues. they put a ton on him (#2 PG, back up to PP/allen) and he is out until Feb. Then throw in KG with an injury that might not ever be healed. i expect in a few more days...his return will be pushed back again. i fully expect KG will not be back until FEb. and even then he might not be where he needs to be for boston to contend.

3. they need a legit #2 PG. that is one move. i would love to see the end of the bench junk to be moved for some guys that can actually help esp when there is injuries...

i have a hard time accepting that when the playoff roll around boston all of the sudden is going to be healthy and on. they are running guys into the ground (rondo, PP, ray) and as we saw last year...they were dead when needed the most.

i am not going to step away from here just because i have a different opinion than many others...you want to be optomistic then fine. i have just seen this movie before

« Reply #486 on: January 14, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
well powe was proven..he got hurt we said bye..

cant understand why we let him go..

« Reply #487 on: January 14, 2010, 11:26:48 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
win sum...lose sum.thats way i play my hand i guess..no since in gettin sore..it comes ez...or it neva comes at all...

« Reply #488 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:47 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

1. boston has not looked good for about a month...with and without KG. It isn't about a loss to a bulls team (which really isnt very good) in mid january that has me bent...it is the fact that they have not been playing good consistent basketball for some time now....

they continue to struggle on the boards even with KG...their effort at home is very poor

2. the injuries have not stopped. daniels has a history of long injuries. that now continues. they put a ton on him (#2 PG, back up to PP/allen) and he is out until Feb. Then throw in KG with an injury that might not ever be healed. i expect in a few more days...his return will be pushed back again. i fully expect KG will not be back until FEb. and even then he might not be where he needs to be for boston to contend.

3. they need a legit #2 PG. that is one move. i would love to see the end of the bench junk to be moved for some guys that can actually help esp when there is injuries...

i have a hard time accepting that when the playoff roll around boston all of the sudden is going to be healthy and on. they are running guys into the ground (rondo, PP, ray) and as we saw last year...they were dead when needed the most.

i am not going to step away from here just because i have a different opinion than many others...you want to be optomistic then fine. i have just seen this movie before

1. I agree the Celtics haven't played well the last ten games, but that's due to a ton of injuries for the most part. Pierce, Rondo, KG, and Rasheed have all missed games, do you not expect a dropoff?

2. Injuries are a concern but there isn't much we can do about that other than giving our players the rest/treatment they need.

3. How does a backup PG address even half of your complaints? KG isn't coming back, lack of rebouding, etc.. I think the C's will move for a backup PG, I just don't think they'll be much better than Eddie.

You seriously post repeated negative posts to the point you dominate the game threads. Its one thing to have an opinion, its another to literally derail all other conversation with negativity.

Especially when much of the negativity is an emotional reaction to the game.

« Reply #489 on: January 14, 2010, 11:28:51 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
reggie...

is your sista here tonight..?.i wanna get dunked on...

tell her holla at cha boy

« Reply #490 on: January 14, 2010, 11:32:00 PM »

Offline JohnBagleyValueMeal

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 176
  • It's not hard to work hard.

You keep saying people are being "too optimistic" or "blind optimists," but all I see is people saying that the season isn't over yet, and that there's lots of time to turn it around.

I mean, nobody here is saying that the Cs are definitely going to win the title.  Nobody here is saying that there aren't any problems or even that the celts are playing well right now.  

For me, I think we're a top 3 team in the east that (if KG gets healthy--everything depends on that) has a decent shot at getting to the Finals. The Cavs are still a one man show.  We're the one team in the league that can neutralize Dwight Howard.  And the Hawks aren't consistent enough to be favored over us in a 7 game series. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed--any one of those teams can beat us--but I'd feel like we'd have a good shot at it.

Is that too optimistic? If so, what do you think is a fair assessment of how the east will shake out? Do you really think Orlando, Clevo, or ATL have that much more of a shot than us?
McHale's favorite ruse is putting paper in the mouths of sleeping teammates. "Try using one of these cocktail napkins," he said. "When just the edge sticks out of a guy's mouth, it looks like he's got fangs. The best part is when he wakes up."
-- Sports Illustrated, 12/19/1983

« Reply #491 on: January 14, 2010, 11:32:42 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

Do you think he's gonna be healthy in April?? cuz I doubt it...

I doubt this team is ever gonna be fully healthy again! we're old and when you get injured at this age,there's really no ending in that...
I'm telling u, tonight I realized that this team has no decent chances of winning another title... it's so sad!

So who has a "decent chance" of winning a title?

The lakers, with their losses against the clippers, portland and phoenix and advantage of 2 and a half games over the celtics, even though they've played 6 more home games than the celtics?

The magic, who lost to toronto at home and 5 of 7, despite only playing 2 teams with winning records?

The hawks, who are 5-5 over the last 10 and lost to the knicks at home?

the Lakers are not as good as last year but ther are contenders, they have problems with the injuries as well right now... but they are a younger team,they will bounce back...

the magic suck...

the hawks are capable of the best and the worst and it's mostly about them being young and not very experienced... they have a bright future ahead of them, though, something we dont have...

the cavs seem to be the most likely to win the title this year... their only problem to solve is how to use shaq, cuz he's really hurting their chemistry atm... if they dind a way to use him well, they are they HUGE favorites... Lebron is never gonna get injured, anyway... :-X
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #492 on: January 14, 2010, 11:33:26 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC

1. I agree the Celtics haven't played well the last ten games, but that's due to a ton of injuries for the most part. Pierce, Rondo, KG, and Rasheed have all missed games, do you not expect a dropoff?

2. Injuries are a concern but there isn't much we can do about that other than giving our players the rest/treatment they need.

3. How does a backup PG address even half of your complaints? KG isn't coming back, lack of rebouding, etc.. I think the C's will move for a backup PG, I just don't think they'll be much better than Eddie.

You seriously post repeated negative posts to the point you dominate the game threads. Its one thing to have an opinion, its another to literally derail all other conversation with negativity.

Especially when much of the negativity is an emotional reaction to the game.

just call it like i see it.....when the Cs play bad....i point it out....they played horrible tonight and they have been pretty bad for some games..i dont see being honest as derailing anything.....i guess i will just agree with you on everything from now on...you are right...injuries are the only reason they are playing bad...you are right..we dont need to upgrade the bench...you are right...they will be super strong come april

« Reply #493 on: January 14, 2010, 11:35:21 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Good win for Vinny. He might have saved his job with this win.

« Reply #494 on: January 14, 2010, 11:35:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC

You keep saying people are being "too optimistic" or "blind optimists," but all I see is people saying that the season isn't over yet, and that there's lots of time to turn it around.

I mean, nobody here is saying that the Cs are definitely going to win the title.  Nobody here is saying that there aren't any problems or even that the celts are playing well right now.  

For me, I think we're a top 3 team in the east that (if KG gets healthy--everything depends on that) has a decent shot at getting to the Finals. The Cavs are still a one man show.  We're the one team in the league that can neutralize Dwight Howard.  And the Hawks aren't consistent enough to be favored over us in a 7 game series. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed--any one of those teams can beat us--but I'd feel like we'd have a good shot at it.

Is that too optimistic? If so, what do you think is a fair assessment of how the east will shake out? Do you really think Orlando, Clevo, or ATL have that much more of a shot than us?

i am talking RIGHT now...not down the road. i never said the season was over...i said right now they are playing poorly....