Author Topic: Bulls (16-20) at Celtics (27-10) 1/14  (Read 88231 times)

Re: Bulls (16-20) at Celtics (27-10) 1/14
« Reply #450 on: January 14, 2010, 10:57:04 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
I hope Danny is watching this closely.....it IS time to trade Ray Allen's EXPIRING OLD LEGS and contract.

Yea, screw Ray Allen and his 58% TS!!!

And how can injuries not be an excuse? We are missing our best player and true anchor of our defense. Get a clue.

finally a voice of reason.. so would u rather hace KG limping out there trying to win a game in jan. or would u rather have him healthy in April?

Do you think he's gonna be healthy in April?? cuz I doubt it...

I doubt this team is ever gonna be fully healthy again! we're old and when you get injured at this age,there's really no ending in that...
I'm telling u, tonight I realized that this team has no decent chances of winning another title... it's so sad!

LOL!!! then please dont watch any more games this year..

« Reply #451 on: January 14, 2010, 10:57:05 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think we all need to buckle up and prepare for some rough seas ahead starting with Dallas monday...i dont really see many gimmie games in the next 2-3 weeks....and no...i dont expect we se KG back for any of these big games...you need to beat teams like the bulls...at home...just no way around it. no matter who is there or not...boston won a playoff series with the same guys playing the same team last year...no excuses tonight

« Reply #452 on: January 14, 2010, 10:57:09 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I didn't see the game so I'm only going off the boxscore.  Can someone backup or refute what I'm seeing?  

From the boxscore I notice a few things:

-Deng played great D on Pierce.
-Rondo had a subapar game, most likely from being tired, etc.
-Ray was 4 for 10 with 1 rebound, 0 assists and 3 turnovers.  In other words, he must have been awful because if he's not contributing on the offensive end then he's not contributing.
-Eddie was the only spark on the team.
-Glen Davis is finally getting rebounds :)

What did I miss?

« Reply #453 on: January 14, 2010, 10:57:36 PM »

Kiorrik

This thread makes me sad, very much more so than the game itself did.

« Reply #454 on: January 14, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
i think we all need to buckle up and prepare for some rough seas ahead starting with Dallas monday...i dont really see many gimmie games in the next 2-3 weeks....and no...i dont expect we se KG back for any of these big games...you need to beat teams like the bulls...at home...just no way around it. no matter who is there or not...boston won a playoff series with the same guys playing the same team last year...no excuses tonight

this is one game a playoff series is 7.. Last year they lost game 1 to the bulls so whats the difference.. Its one game and everybody overreacts just plain dumb

« Reply #455 on: January 14, 2010, 10:58:37 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
And I'm not really worried about KG's health. He would be playing if these were playoff games. There was a plan to rest him at some point of the season and the thigh bruise and knee tweak made the decision on the timing a lot easier.

Think about how KG looked when he was going 9-11 and 10-12 and beat the Knicks. KG looked pretty fine then. I think he'll be all right. They wouldn't have had him practicing again if he wasn't ok.

« Reply #456 on: January 14, 2010, 10:59:49 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why do we need to beat teams like the Bulls?

The team needs to play well I agree but every game isn't a must win. Without 3 of our top 9 players we're going to lose games we otherwise wouldn't.

« Reply #457 on: January 14, 2010, 10:59:57 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I've seen a lot of posts recently that Davis has been playing terrible.  How so?  I find this ironic b/c I've been one of his biggest "haters" I guess you could say, and yet I think he's actually rebounding and doing some things well finally.  However, I've always pointed out that he is slow to rotate on defense and anyone with athleticism (95% of the nba) can get by him quickly.. even down low.  So what are you guys seeing out there?

« Reply #458 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
And I'm not really worried about KG's health. He would be playing if these were playoff games. There was a plan to rest him at some point of the season and the thigh bruise and knee tweak made the decision on the timing a lot easier.

Think about how KG looked when he was going 9-11 and 10-12 and beat the Knicks. KG looked pretty fine then. I think he'll be all right. They wouldn't have had him practicing again if he wasn't ok.
KG didn't look great against the Knicks that game, he just hit almost all of his jumpshots.

He looked a lot better late in the season before that western road trip.

« Reply #459 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:55 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
I didn't see the game so I'm only going off the boxscore.  Can someone backup or refute what I'm seeing?  

From the boxscore I notice a few things:

-Deng played great D on Pierce.
-Rondo had a subapar game, most likely from being tired, etc.
-Ray was 4 for 10 with 1 rebound, 0 assists and 3 turnovers.  In other words, he must have been awful because if he's not contributing on the offensive end then he's not contributing.
-Eddie was the only spark on the team.
-Glen Davis is finally getting rebounds :)

What did I miss?

u got it

« Reply #460 on: January 14, 2010, 11:01:03 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

Yeah and it took 7 games to finally beat them, not to mention the 5 OT periods.

« Reply #461 on: January 14, 2010, 11:01:06 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC

so they tell us....you really believe he has only a hyperextended knee? come on...

this was the easy stretch...look at what is coming up:

Dallas     Monday, January 18 2010   8:00 PM EST   coverage
@ Detroit     Wednesday, January 20 2010   7:30 PM EST   coverage
Portland     Friday, January 22 2010   7:30 PM EST   coverage
Los Angeles Clippers     Monday, January 25 2010   7:30 PM EST   coverage
@ Orlando     Thursday, January 28 2010   8:00 PM EST   coverage
@ Atlanta     Friday, January 29 2010   7:30 PM EST   coverage
Los Angeles Lakers     Sunday, January 31 2010   3:30 PM EST   

« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2010, 11:01:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I've seen a lot of posts recently that Davis has been playing terrible.  How so?  I find this ironic b/c I've been one of his biggest "haters" I guess you could say, and yet I think he's actually rebounding and doing some things well finally.  However, I've always pointed out that he is slow to rotate on defense and anyone with athleticism (95% of the nba) can get by him quickly.. even down low.  So what are you guys seeing out there?
He's making awful rotations at times, he overhelped and that led to 3 or 4 layups for the Bulls.

I love his rebounding so far this year, but the mental aspects of the game as well as the fitness need improvement.

« Reply #463 on: January 14, 2010, 11:02:41 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

KG didn't look great against the Knicks that game, he just hit almost all of his jumpshots.

He looked a lot better late in the season before that western road trip.

I don't know. I thought it was in that stretch where he was finishing alleyoops and looking a lot stronger on D. My timeline might be off. And it definitely looks like 8/10 game thread people are glass quarter full type people.

« Reply #464 on: January 14, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford

really i see a guy with no commitment to his team and him being out of shape and cant get off his feet, cant shoot, cant make free throws, doesnt rotate, doesnt take his job seriously, and thinks his job is a big joke! other than that hes fine