Author Topic: Bulls (16-20) at Celtics (27-10) 1/14  (Read 88230 times)

Re: Bulls (16-20) at Celtics (27-10) 1/14
« Reply #495 on: January 14, 2010, 11:36:09 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
K.G. didn't play good against the Knicks... lol what game were you watching??? He shot very poor all game. His highlight was the hitting the game winner (his 2nd field goal all game)...hahaha

anyhow i'm not missing K.G. at all. I expected him to be somewhat of a day-to-day type of player this year.

Reasons for tonights loss =

Rondo: not a offensive threat, looks to pass too often, his reluctance hurts the team offense so in return the opposing team good defense looks great, he lacked the energy from the start of the game (not sure why because he hardly played in NJ), his defense tonight is what I expect of him every night (nothing new), because he's not a great defender 1-on-1 (most pg's haven't figured that out yet...sshhh let us hope they don't...lol). Bottom line son got owned tonight by Derrick Rose.

Pierce: is another awful defender. I'm still not sure why other sf's haven't figured that out also. Pierce can not defend well (good opposing players figure if they beat Pierce then K.G. and Perkins will collapse, so theirs no point in doing so. They end up taking difficult shots. I will never credit that opposing defensive collapse to Pierce) It showed tonight with no length inside (Luol scored at will). Pierce was also tired (why wouldn't he be? Where's Bill Walker?) offensively Pierce is always great in my opinion, its just that Rondo and Ray makes his life that much difficult when playing good defensive teams with length and athletic ability.

Ray Allen: offense is too inconsistent... Rondo has a lot to do with it also...nuff said

Scalabrine: Scal is Scal and Scal will be Scal... offense is too inconsistent also. took 5 3 pointers and hit 1, and at least 3 or more were wide open shots.

Perkins: played great like always.

Davis: played good (He needs more touches on the post), Doc needs to be aware of this strategy. The bench should be playing off of Glen Davis, and or Bill walker.

House: played good

Tony Allen: didn't play much

J.R. and Bill Walker: ??? ???

Doc Rivers:  >:( The Celtics weren't going to win a championship tonight, were they? I just don't get the direction this team is trying to take. 27-11 is still a good record despite how below average we play against below average opponents...

« Reply #496 on: January 14, 2010, 11:41:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
just call it like i see it.....when the Cs play bad....i point it out....they played horrible tonight and they have been pretty bad for some games..i dont see being honest as derailing anything.....i guess i will just agree with you on everything from now on...you are right...injuries are the only reason they are playing bad...you are right..we dont need to upgrade the bench...you are right...they will be super strong come april
No need for sarcasm but the sky is falling is going overboard, 80+ posts in this thread all saying the same thing.

I'm not kidding you're dragging the game threads to the point where people aren't enjoying them with the unending nature of it. Its not like we're discussing the C's flaws, weaknesses, and challenges anymore.

Its all wailing and gnashing of the teeth.

« Reply #497 on: January 14, 2010, 11:42:41 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Everyone is saying its January and we shouldn't worry, but we should.. We are not healthy not one bit. I mean we need young in shape legs and quick. Eddie only shows up once every 4 games, Sheed is out, BBD is out of shape, Williams is not all that great, TA is spotty at best, Daniels can't shoot a lick, and Rondo, Ray, And Pierce are playing tons of minutes. We are running this team into the ground right now and nobody seems to be worried about it. I mean this team fully healthy might win the championship but i haven't seen this team fully healthy to show that. Perhaps thats why i am freaking out because the losing with the team unhealthy is a lot worse then seeing the team Healthy and winning but it seems right now we will never be healthy and KG's knee seems to keep acting up.  :-\
A legit veteran back up is certainly in order if we want to win some of these games that aren't played against the minor league New Jersey Nets. We need another guy who can score, as shown tonight with an 83 point effort against a mediocre at best Bulls team.   I have been a proponent for getting Corey Maggette from Golden State, and still very much am. I do believe they would take expiring contracts for him. Scal, House and T. Allen will get it done.

« Reply #498 on: January 14, 2010, 11:45:10 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
just call it like i see it.....when the Cs play bad....i point it out....they played horrible tonight and they have been pretty bad for some games..i dont see being honest as derailing anything.....i guess i will just agree with you on everything from now on...you are right...injuries are the only reason they are playing bad...you are right..we dont need to upgrade the bench...you are right...they will be super strong come april
No need for sarcasm but the sky is falling is going overboard, 80+ posts in this thread all saying the same thing.

I'm not kidding you're dragging the game threads to the point where people aren't enjoying them with the unending nature of it. Its not like we're discussing the C's flaws, weaknesses, and challenges anymore.

then that is fine. i will not post anymore. i like this board and i like discussing the Cs. It should be a place where fans can vent after losses..over concerns, etc. but there is a sentiment that if you don't agree or read the good even in the bad..then you are too negative. you say i drag the game threads down...then i will leave. peace.

« Reply #499 on: January 14, 2010, 11:50:02 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Everyone is saying its January and we shouldn't worry, but we should.. We are not healthy not one bit. I mean we need young in shape legs and quick. Eddie only shows up once every 4 games, Sheed is out, BBD is out of shape, Williams is not all that great, TA is spotty at best, Daniels can't shoot a lick, and Rondo, Ray, And Pierce are playing tons of minutes. We are running this team into the ground right now and nobody seems to be worried about it. I mean this team fully healthy might win the championship but i haven't seen this team fully healthy to show that. Perhaps thats why i am freaking out because the losing with the team unhealthy is a lot worse then seeing the team Healthy and winning but it seems right now we will never be healthy and KG's knee seems to keep acting up.  :-\
A legit veteran back up is certainly in order if we want to win some of these games that aren't played against the minor league New Jersey Nets. We need another guy who can score, as shown tonight with an 83 point effort against a mediocre at best Bulls team.   I have been a proponent for getting Corey Maggette from Golden State, and still very much am. I do believe they would take expiring contracts for him. Scal, House and T. Allen will get it done.

We already have a Corey Maggette. you don't put up 33 points in the D-League and not know how to score. Bill Walker is the guy to bring in (I believe Scal said the same thing last year before the season started). Celtics true need is a back-up Point Guard that can shoot and and create his own shots (#1 candidate is "Marcus Williams" of the Grizzlies.

« Reply #500 on: January 14, 2010, 11:53:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

then that is fine. i will not post anymore. i like this board and i like discussing the Cs. It should be a place where fans can vent after losses..over concerns, etc. but there is a sentiment that if you don't agree or read the good even in the bad..then you are too negative. you say i drag the game threads down...then i will leave. peace.
You've posted nearly 20% of the posts in this thread and have been extremely negative and venting the whole time. I understand the emotion but at some point it becomes a bit much.

I'm not asking you to leave or stop posting, just to step back and take a breath.

« Reply #501 on: January 14, 2010, 11:54:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

We already have a Corey Maggette. you don't put up 33 points in the D-League and not know how to score. Bill Walker is the guy to bring in (I believe Scal said the same thing last year before the season started). Celtics true need is a back-up Point Guard that can shoot and and create his own shots (#1 candidate is "Marcus Williams" of the Grizzlies.
Bill Walker isn't half the player Maggette is, not that I'm a huge Magette fan. I'd love to have him, but not at the money he makes.

« Reply #502 on: January 15, 2010, 12:06:32 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

So Walker scored 33 points in the D-League...The D league is like an all-star game without the hoopla.  They dont play D down there. They dont get noticed down there for playing good D. The only concerns players have is getting their fair share of touches and points.

Also, Corey Maggette could score 80+ points in a D-league game. The difference between Walker and Maggette is huge.  Thats no slight on Walker, because Maggette is a top 30 or so scorer in this league.

And Marcus Williams is your solution for backup PG? The guy couldnt cut it on 3 teams - all of whom had no real PG.

« Reply #503 on: January 15, 2010, 12:10:23 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Ouch ... this one hurt ... and I didn't even get to see it. Discouraging, but not the end of the world ... as Vivien Leigh said in Gone With The Wind - "After all ... tomorrow is another day." Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash ... wherever you are. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #504 on: January 15, 2010, 12:16:05 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
This is by far the ugliest C's game ive seen in the past couple of years.  Credit the Bulls, who played a tough game, but the Celts looked absolutely flat and lethargic.

Whilst Perk had a solid game, i feel he was too focused on getting the better of Noah.  Big Baby tried hard (Old running mate Ty Thomas opposing him), but still had spacing issues.  Meanwhile Eddie House's hot shooting was really negated by poor D.

People calling for more Tony Allen need to realise that this was not the game for him.  Having him at option 1a or 1b is not good for this team, and having him on the floor for defensive purposes would have been pointless.

Scal missed some really wide open shots, and was also a little slow on rotations...Paul was defended well by Deng, and Ray looked as though he didnt wanna be there.  Rondo dribbled too much - equally as much his fault as lack of movement.  I thought his dominance of the ball killed us tonight.

Overall, i'm a little ticked off.  There are so many other things i could have been doing besides watching that!

« Reply #505 on: January 15, 2010, 12:18:04 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Ouch ... this one hurt ... and I didn't even get to see it. Discouraging, but not the end of the world ... as Vivien Leigh said in Gone With The Wind - "After all ... tomorrow is another day." Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash ... wherever you are. ;)

Bahku, now would be time for one of your Calm Down Pics...I like that koala Bear-looking thing, that had his hand held out in front with the caption of: Calm Down, bro, lol....

« Reply #506 on: January 15, 2010, 12:24:08 AM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183

the Lakers are not as good as last year but ther are contenders, they have problems with the injuries as well right now... but they are a younger team,they will bounce back...

the magic suck...

the hawks are capable of the best and the worst and it's mostly about them being young and not very experienced... they have a bright future ahead of them, though, something we dont have...

the cavs seem to be the most likely to win the title this year... their only problem to solve is how to use shaq, cuz he's really hurting their chemistry atm... if they dind a way to use him well, they are they HUGE favorites... Lebron is never gonna get injured, anyway... :-X

Why are injuries an acceptable excuse for the lakers' slide but not for the celtics? And the average age of our starters is 29, of their starters is 31.

How is the hawks future bright, given that Joe Johnson might leave this off season and crawford might leave in 2011, because the ownership is adamant about not paying the tax and they have to resign horford then?

I'll give you the cavs, but that is is.

So, again, how do we not have a decent chance of winning this year? How are we so much worse than the other top teams?

I get being frustrated at silly losses to teams we should beat, but some of you take this too far.

We are 2 and a half games out of first place while having 7 of our top 9 players miss at least a game with an injury. Injuries that at this point we have no reason to believe will linger until April.

No one likes to lose, but context matters.

« Reply #507 on: January 15, 2010, 12:29:59 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown

I envy you Bakhu.  Trust me, you would have been irate if you'd watched.

« Reply #508 on: January 15, 2010, 12:36:41 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

It's 12:30 and I'm tempted to put in Gone With the Wind right now... I would be up until 4:30... and it's actually tempting, I don't know why.

Thanks a lot, whoever mentioned Vivien Leigh, "After all, tomorrow is another day.", etc.

« Reply #509 on: January 15, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

... by request. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *