Author Topic: Paul Pierce's maturity / gang signs? (merged)  (Read 82087 times)

Paul Pierce's maturity / gang signs? (merged)
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:49:59 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I was very impressed with Paul's press conference tonight and the way he handled the whole Horford incident, It shows me he's journeyed miles from the infamous facial sling.

Re: Paul's Maturity
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:53:21 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Yeah, Paul matured a lot in three years. If that was the old Pierce he would've been over at the Hawks bench faster than I could blink.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:53:44 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
How is that?! He started walking down towards the Hawks bench making some goofy sign with his hand until Scal went and pulled him back. Where's the maturity there?!

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:57:29 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
How is that?! He started walking down towards the Hawks bench making some goofy sign with his hand until Scal went and pulled him back. Where's the maturity there?!

He initially reacted on emotion, restrained himself and played it cool after the game when asked about it. Scal walked over he didn't run and tackle/restrain the man.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 11:58:02 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Yeah, Paul matured a lot in three years. If that was the old Pierce he would've been over at the Hawks bench faster than I could blink.

or tape up his face for his post game interview ;D

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 12:00:20 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Paul would've probably walked back without Scalabrine. If he really wanted to go over there he would've walked a lot faster.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 12:08:04 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Paul would've probably walked back without Scalabrine. If he really wanted to go over there he would've walked a lot faster.

True that. ::)

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 12:11:08 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Of course he wasn't going all the way down there, but the fact that he went down there at all showed he was more interested in getting shown up than the team in general. That act and flashing whatever sign he was making at him is a very long way from the definition of maturity which is what this whole thread was about. Maturity would have been to have ignored him completely and not acknowledged the rookie. Now Horford knows he got under his skin. Childish response by PP. Sure it could have been worse, but not mature by any definition.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 12:12:10 AM »

Offline LD42

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Paul did a blood sign. Hey he is from the W.C Inglewood aint no joke either.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 12:12:59 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Of course he wasn't going all the way down there, but the fact that he went down there at all showed he was more interested in getting shown up than the team in general. That act and flashing whatever sign he was making at him is a very long way from the definition of maturity which is what this whole thread was about. Maturity would have been to have ignored him completely and not acknowledged the rookie. Now Horford knows he got under his skin. Childish response by PP. Sure it could have been worse, but not mature by any definition.

Flashing what sign? Holding up 3 fingers implying it's only game 3? No biggie

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 12:19:40 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

That's not what Paul flashed. He wasn't holding 3 fingers up normal like he was saying the number 3. He had another finger curved at the same time and was holding it out sideways. Not being involved in any of that I have no idea whether it is a gang sign or just some stupid sign he and his friends thought was funny ''back in the day'' but it was not what you are insinuating.

Once again, the MATURE thing to do would be to pretend you didn't even notice he was there at all. You think that Ray would have done something like that?!?! Of course not. He truly is mature.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 12:27:15 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

That's not what Paul flashed. He wasn't holding 3 fingers up normal like he was saying the number 3. He had another finger curved at the same time and was holding it out sideways. Not being involved in any of that I have no idea whether it is a gang sign or just some stupid sign he and his friends thought was funny ''back in the day'' but it was not what you are insinuating.

Once again, the MATURE thing to do would be to pretend you didn't even notice he was there at all. You think that Ray would have done something like that?!?! Of course not. He truly is mature.

First: my initial premise was that Paul has grown in maturity so relax...

Second: My interpretation of what Paul did is clearly different from yours... You seem like you have some deep routed anger over there when it comes to PP

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 12:29:26 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
paul was frustrated with the game and personally insulted...he is human.  there were alot worse things he could have done.

the big picture indicates that paul has been a class act and mature all season long, that is the important thing.  this one incident did not do anything to hurt himself or his team, its really no big deal. in some ways, it is a good thing bc he will use this for motivation.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 12:31:10 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Second: My interpretation of what Paul did is clearly different from yours... You seem like you have some deep routed anger over there when it comes to PP

First I stated that his actions could have been worse, so relax

Second, I absolutely love PP and have followed him since college. YOU were the one making this overzealous statement about his huge growth of maturity even though everyone knows he was flashing gang signs at a rookie. That's a lot closer to the facial sling than mature. At least the facial sling was funny.

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 12:31:41 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

Yeah, he seems like he hates Pierce. C'mon man, he was already mad about the game you don't go over there and taunt him while he's on the floor of course he was going to respond.