Author Topic: Paul Pierce's maturity / gang signs? (merged)  (Read 82085 times)

Re: Paul's Maturity
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 01:43:36 AM »

Offline timboup

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
http://www.knowgangs.com/gang_resources/handsigns/menu_005.htm
Not sure if he meant it as a gang sign or not but it sure looked like it.

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 02:33:33 AM »

Offline triple

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
http://www.knowgangs.com/gang_resources/handsigns/menu_005.htm
Not sure if he meant it as a gang sign or not but it sure looked like it.

yo dawg he is straight up gangsta

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 03:33:43 AM »

Offline BirdNerd

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
Horford crossed WAY beyond the line.   I can't really describe why, but watching the clip, I understand Pierce's reaction.    I'm glad he walked away and cooled down for the press conference. 

The level of competition in the playoffs is uber-emotional.   If you are playing hard, you can be on the edge.    Pierce should not be criticized here, as previously said, he is human.   

Dirk DIDN'T react to David West and has been getting crushed in the media......[dang]ed if you do, [dang]ed if you don't.....

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 08:57:48 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Anyone have video on the "gang sign"? I'd like to see it again. I checked this web-site:

http://www.hiphopmusicclassic.com/Gang-Hand-Signs-from-Gang-Members.html

and it looked like the bounty hunter symbol from what I can remember from last night. And if it was a gang sign on national tv, I am truly embarrassed.  :(
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 09:09:31 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
This wasn't a thread created in jest. This was a thread created for your admiration of PP showing newfound maturity. I disagreed based on what I saw him do. I think enough people on here realize that what he did wasn't the MATURE thing to do. This wasn't about Horford's actions, rather Pauls. Horford is obviously a punk, but to let the rookie get under your skin doesn't show maturity, gang sign or not. If it was a gang sign, which to me it looked an awful like the upper left one on the recent link, then there should be some action taken by the NBA no matter how much I love the C's and don't want it to hurt us. THAT is not only immature, but detrimental to the league and our kids. I sure hope it wasn't...

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2008, 12:30:30 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
This wasn't a thread created in jest. This was a thread created for your admiration of PP showing newfound maturity. I disagreed based on what I saw him do. I think enough people on here realize that what he did wasn't the MATURE thing to do. This wasn't about Horford's actions, rather Pauls. Horford is obviously a punk, but to let the rookie get under your skin doesn't show maturity, gang sign or not. If it was a gang sign, which to me it looked an awful like the upper left one on the recent link, then there should be some action taken by the NBA no matter how much I love the C's and don't want it to hurt us. THAT is not only immature, but detrimental to the league and our kids. I sure hope it wasn't...

My conspiracy theory thread was that of jest.

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2008, 12:40:19 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
is it possible that he threw three fingers up, implying that horford and the hawks have to win three more times?

as i said previously in this thread, with regards to the "gang sign" talk:
unless u were on or around the court and could see, as well as hear, what was being said....it is purely speculation to imply it was a gang sign and should not be considered fact unless it is proven.  i think paul deserves more respect from his fans/supporters.

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2008, 12:49:16 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
is it possible that he threw three fingers up, implying that horford and the hawks have to win three more times?
[/quote]

That is a good possibility as well. I truly believe the 3 in someway had to do with the series.

The man is a 30 year old multi millionaire who went to Kansas of all places. Until I see him chatting with Suge Knight court side I will not believe he is a blood.

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2008, 01:09:40 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

as i said previously in this thread, with regards to the "gang sign" talk:
unless u were on or around the court and could see, as well as hear, what was being said....it is purely speculation to imply it was a gang sign and should not be considered fact unless it is proven.  i think paul deserves more respect from his fans/supporters.

I am a Celtic fan, therefore I support Paul Pierce. When Paul got stabbed 11 times, I just hoped that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then, a few years later, when he showed up for a press conference with his jaw wrapped up, I blamed it on employee # 8. And now I've got to convince myself that Paul did not make a "gang sign" when my eyes, like many of you, saw what appeared to be some type of hand gesture made out of anger.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will support Paul's play on the court but not his childish actions.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2008, 01:14:04 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I don't think PP is a member of a gang. That doesn't however prevent him from making that sign as a stupid gesture. Not so mature, was it?! If he had just ignored him it is a moot point.

As far as ''not being down there to hear what was said by PP'' Oh Dark One, PP didn't say anything. He just walked down towards them with his chest puffed out making stupid hand gestures. HEARING anything had nothing to do with it.

Next Topic!!

I think that Paul Pierce threw a gang sign at the Hawks bench...
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2008, 02:36:13 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
I saw the game replay and it looks like he did the "O" signal which is a Crip signal for "Kill a Blood."

http://www.slsheriff.org/images/gang_project/bk.jpg

Paul Pierce is from LA and I think he has a brother or uncle who's in jail or has been to prison many times for gang-related crimes (or so I've heard).

[dang]... all I gotta say is, Pierce is NOT the guy you want to get upset.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 02:41:38 PM by TradeProposalDude »

Re: I think that Paul Pierce threw a gang symbol at the Hawks bench...
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2008, 02:38:14 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I think your reading a tad to much into it...I don't see any "gang symbol" flashing.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2008, 02:38:51 PM »

Offline chrismihm

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
ive heard all about this i jsut really wanna actually see pierce do it... does anyone have a pic or video?

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2008, 02:41:12 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
I think your reading a tad to much into it...I don't see any "gang symbol" flashing.
I can't find a video of it, I saw the replay on Comcast Sports after the game again and that looked a lot like a gang sign to me. I don't think I'm reading into it too much at all, I saw what I saw.

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2008, 02:43:18 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

you would think wouldn't you? but one "gang sign" which i think was the game 3 symbol, and all the pierce haters are back out.

Wasn't a big deal to me, horford had just shown him up and he took a couple steps towards the bench before he caught himself. nothing to see here imo.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion