Author Topic: Paul Pierce's maturity / gang signs? (merged)  (Read 82088 times)

Re: Paul Pierce's maturity / gang signs? (merged)
« Reply #240 on: May 01, 2008, 09:26:49 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
Quote from: nickagneta
Hate to spoil your assumption but I was born and lived in Everett and also lived in Chelsea and Dorchester. As a kid and teen I hung on the streets of all the above cities and South Boston.

And I don't believe that was a gang sign because Pierce said it wasn't and because he has been doing it all year during introductions.

Just because that hand sign is also a gang symbol does not mean he was using it in that manner.
Believe whatever you want. If you choose to hold your rose colored, 15 year old boy's view of a star athlete like he can do little wrong, then there's no reason for me to shatter your innocence.

If you look at Pierce's body language and how he B'd him, you'd know that's a gang sign. Again, it's water under the bridge, but I will still LOL @ anyone who thought it was "blood sweat and tears." I bet you are the type of person who believes everything government tells you.

Really no need of this kind of comment or attack .... Nick's as entitled to his opinion as you are, and we all try to take the "high road" here, which excludes condescension and hatefulness. If you have nothing positive to say, it's best to remain silent.
Ding!  Thanks Bahku

No personal attacks please

CB Rules:
Respect each other at all times. There is no need for name-calling or harassment of any poster. This includes behavior in all areas of Celticsblog, including forum posts, blog comments and personal messages. While we encourage lively debate there is no reason for anyone to disrespect a fellow poster's ideas.

Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous to all. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site staff will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language is not allowed under any circumstances.  This prohibition also extends to any off color or inappropriate remarks. Sarcasm can be misinterpreted, so be very careful when using it in a post.

Yup

« Reply #241 on: May 01, 2008, 11:38:24 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826
Next time, I just hope he gives Horford the middle finger. That way we won't have to accuse the man based on baseless assumptions and pure speculation.

« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2008, 11:47:19 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Next time, I just hope he gives Horford the middle finger. That way we won't have to accuse the man based on baseless assumptions and pure speculation.

Absolutely, BC ... send a clear message next time ... especially if it's gonna cost twenty-five grand! TP
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
hey...i wrote that a page or two ago!!! ;D
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2008, 11:53:56 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
hey...i wrote that a page or two ago!!! ;D

I missed it, AJ ... but that certainly deserves a TP, too!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2008, 01:24:09 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Absolutely, BC ... send a clear message next time ... especially if it's gonna cost twenty-five grand! TP

Yeah.
And with Paul's salary, I think we can safely
say he can afford it, too. Hell, why not a Double
Middle Finger Whammy, just for good measure?!

« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2008, 09:01:17 AM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
PP shouldn't have reacted like that but in his defense.
Basketball is an intense sport!!! Isn't that why we love this game???
You can only take so much.
I say we cut him some slack!
He's held back many times...lets give him credit for that as well if we're gonna pick at what a gesture could possibly interpret!
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2008, 04:20:39 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
This topic has gotten a lot of attention so I'm gunna finally put this issue to rest. I'm 19 and live in Boston. The sign the paul pierce threw was the sign representing Boston. I use it in almost every picture I'm in as do all of my friends. Its kinda the Boston version of the West coast symbol. If you don't believe me check it out on urban dictionary. I know its not a reliable site, but being from Boston I can confirm that its true.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=3z+up
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #248 on: May 02, 2008, 04:43:37 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
This topic has gotten a lot of attention so I'm gunna finally put this issue to rest. I'm 19 and live in Boston. The sign the paul pierce threw was the sign representing Boston. I use it in almost every picture I'm in as do all of my friends. Its kinda the Boston version of the West coast symbol. If you don't believe me check it out on urban dictionary. I know its not a reliable site, but being from Boston I can confirm that its true.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=3z+up

I've heard this before as well but I don't know how to use that darn site you linked us to

« Reply #249 on: May 02, 2008, 05:30:56 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Just go to urbandictionary.com and look up 3z up or throw them threes up.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #250 on: May 02, 2008, 07:39:33 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
because of paul pierce's previous playoff meltdowns, i still don't have confidence the guy can lead the Celts to a title - hope he proves me wrong.

just the fact that pierce responds in a competitive playoff situation by making hand gestures to opponents (or by getting tossed from a crucial game and responding by ripping his jersey off - game 6 @ indy) makes me question his mental toughness. can pierce keep his composure and focus on winning a tough road playoff game instead of reverting to the violent temperament of his youth.

i don't ever remember russell, cowens or bird (or garnett for that matter) losing their head in tough games like paul pierce does.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #251 on: May 02, 2008, 11:06:23 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
paul did a lot to help prove himself tonight...

he may score a lot of points, but i have no confidence in this guy whatsoever.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #252 on: May 02, 2008, 11:27:16 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
A horrid call against him for his 6th foul, but that point he gave the Hawks for the T sure would have been nice to have back.
Yup