Author Topic: Paul Pierce's maturity / gang signs? (merged)  (Read 82086 times)

Re: Paul's Maturity
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2008, 06:27:44 PM »

Offline Bri5152

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
The guy's human, like the rest of us ... and we as humans, never finish the process of maturing, and never stop making stupid mistakes. Paul is going to fall victim to imperfections as much as the rest of us, and we should give him at least a little of the understanding that we would hope for ourselves.

Well said, Bahku. TP for you, as well.

I can't believe all of the Paul bashing here. More so, because we don't even know if he did show a gang sign; it's all just speculation.

Re: I think that Paul Pierce threw a gang sign at the Hawks bench...
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2008, 06:34:27 PM »

Offline timboup

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
I did see the hand sign at the end of the game and am pretty convinced it was the blood sign. I hope pierce doesn't let horford get under his skin and try to do too much by himself.

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2008, 06:35:14 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The guy's human, like the rest of us ... and we as humans, never finish the process of maturing, and never stop making stupid mistakes. Paul is going to fall victim to imperfections as much as the rest of us, and we should give him at least a little of the understanding that we would hope for ourselves.

Well said, Bahku. TP for you, as well.

I can't believe all of the Paul bashing here. More so, because we don't even know if he did show a gang sign; it's all just speculation.

Exactly, Bri, (back atcha with the TP) ... and he's one of ours! Can't we at least give the benefit of the doubt to one of our best and most revered? Speculation is a dangerous tool, and a double-edged sword ... it's a bit early and irresponsible to be drawing it now.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I sure wish you would share with us your special gift of reading ''Tone"" into a post. If anything my tone has only been frustrated that you have been blowing my comment out of proportion.

no problem, here are two examples in this thread of your condescending tone towards two different posters....

As far as ''not being down there to hear what was said by PP'' Oh Dark One, PP didn't say anything. He just walked down towards them with his chest puffed out making stupid hand gestures. HEARING anything had nothing to do with it.

Next Topic!!

and...

Allright. Let me get this straight, because I am heading to bed. You are making a big deal about how proud you are that PP was just medium stupid and immature instead of hugely stupid and immature?! Since when do we start throwing compliments out about a guy for not being quite as stupid as he was when he was younger. Stupid, yes, but not AS stupid as before. All the things you could have commented on that game and THAT is what you came up with?! Then again, you also posted the conspiracy theory thread. I guess I should just wonder why I am joining in with you. I'm not anymore. Goodnight! Better luck next game.

with regards to this...
As far as your picture of Calderon, he obviously just hit a three. That is the NBA sign  for it. You don't see him doing it with only one hand and that hand across his chest. Funny though.

it was called sarcasm, thats why i threw up that picture! i thought most people would see the picture and see the sarcasm...then for those that are slow on the draw, could have seen the face icon at the end of my text in the post.

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2008, 06:39:30 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Horford is obviously a punk

Why is Horford a punk?  He played well and got caught up in the moment.  As far as the taunting / celebrating / trash talk the Celtics have been doing it all year.  The Celtics are just as bad, if not worse. 

Point me to the circumstance where a Celtic was that demonstrative.  Come on, he bent over a guy who was on the ground, and well, you saw it. 

KG against Big Al and the Twolves.  He was jawing in Big Al's face all night, calling him expletives, pointing out KG's all-star credentials, and popping his jersey and making gestures towards the Twolves bench.  It was every bit as bad, if not worse, than what Horford did last night.

But, because we all love KG now, we chalk his outburst up to legitimate and healthy emotion, while labeling Horford a punk.  Paul has been trash-talking Horford and the Hawks the entirety of this series, and he got a little bit of it thrown back at him.  Paul's a big boy, and he'll get over it (in fact, he already has).  He'll be fired up for next game, and will hopefully have a big game.  That's the proper answer to this, rather than the indignation that an opponent chose to do the same thing to us that we've been doing all year.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2008, 06:40:08 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Actually if anyone remembers this is kind of how Paul got in trouble at that night club when he got stabbed. Whenever someone would say hi or try to talk to him he'd just say "What's up, Blood?" and then move on.

That's all on his Behind the Glory special, I tihnk that's what the name of the show was.

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2008, 06:41:38 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
i guess jose calderon is a gangbanger too! ;)

that's genius. and that's exactly what i was thinking when i saw the op's picture. tp for you.

thanks for the tp maestro
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:51:45 PM by dark_lord_rises_again »

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2008, 06:43:19 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Like people have said, it could've been it's only Game 3, or it could have been saying they still need to win 3 more games.  Let's just get rid of this thread please.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Do you really think that Paul Pierce, who has been playing in the NBA for 9 years, who went to college in Kansas before that time, who has no history of any criminal behavior and certainly no history of gang activity is throwing gang signs?

Are you just assuming that everyone who grows up in Inglewood is a gang member?

I don't like it when people throw the whole racism thing out there, but this thread seriously borders on racism.  Would you ever accuse Brian Scalabrine of throwing gang signs?  Paul Pierce is no more a gang member than Brian Scalabrine, or Danny Ainge for that matter.

excellent point, especially the last paragraph

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Do you really think that Paul Pierce, who has been playing in the NBA for 9 years, who went to college in Kansas before that time, who has no history of any criminal behavior and certainly no history of gang activity is throwing gang signs?

I don't like it when people throw the whole racism thing out there, but this thread seriously borders on racism.  Would you ever accuse Brian Scalabrine of throwing gang signs?  Paul Pierce is no more a gang member than Brian Scalabrine, or Danny Ainge for that matter.

While I have a very definitive opinion of Knox's last paragraph, maybe bringing the race card into this discussion isn't the best place to do this.

Justa thought to keep the peace. :)

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

While I have a very definitive opinion of Knox's last paragraph, maybe bringing the race card into this discussion isn't the best place to do this.

Justa thought to keep the peace. :)

i hear where ur coming from nick. i wish the discussion could be discussed, but with race, politics, and religion, it cant on the blog. i definately think race or stereotypes play into peoples perception (in no way am i implying that bloggers who feel pierce threw up a gang sign are racists).  i think that the media is partially to blame for this perception as well.

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2008, 07:31:36 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

I agree 100% with your statement, but that wasn't what this thread was about. It was about the creator stating he was so proud of PP for being so mature. What he did was NOT mature. I don't write off PP for making a stupid mistake, but disagree wholeheartedly that his actions were the definition of maturity.

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
From nobodysmiling.com:

Paul Pierce Throws Up A Gang Sign On National TV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PP, after being felled by Horford, then subsequently yelled at by Horford while still on the floor, got up and proceded to "hit him up" with a Piru Blood gang sign- Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.?

This was all caught by network cameras and even expounded on (in a comedic manner) as being a "known LA gang sign" thrown up by PP by a sports commentator during the after game hi-lites on TSN (Canada).

Do you folks think that Stern will take any action? Should he? Why would PP throw up a piru blood sign in the 1st place? Any thoughts?

Peace

---
Apparantly the Canadian broadcasters noticed it...

There's also a thread about this on allhiphop.com, but the language on there is way innappropriate, they all seem to think he threw the blood sign too....
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2008, 07:35:16 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I agree 100% with your statement, but that wasn't what this thread was about. It was about the creator stating he was so proud of PP for being so mature. What he did was NOT mature. I don't write off PP for making a stupid mistake, but disagree wholeheartedly that his actions were the definition of maturity.

I was responding to a more recent post, not the original ... but I understand your point.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2008, 07:35:59 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I think comcast on demand has a replay of it available, I'm gonna check it out and see if I can see anything...
When you love life, life loves you right back