Author Topic: Celts get Derrick White for Richardson, Langford, #1, 2028 pick swap  (Read 66282 times)

Re: Celts get Derrick White for Richardson, Langford, #1
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2022, 03:14:12 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 998
I’m not sure about the short-term fit with White.  But there were a number of posters who said White was worth Smart and a 1st.  The Celtics wanted a rotation player and a 1st for Smart.  So Richardson and two firsts for White is consistent with that value.

« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2022, 03:15:04 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 294
I am excited to see if Romeo can revive his career in San Antonio. It is shocking to me how much confidence has lost in his offensive game since entering the NBA. That was supposed to be the strong-point of his game. It would be great if he could get it together. I like the way he (used to) drives the ball.

I think he'll develop just fine if he can stay healthy.

« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2022, 03:17:40 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
This move is signalling the slow and steady rebuild / retool around the Jays.

I don't think slow & steady is going to get it done. They need some help. Serious help. Star help. Not role players and slow & steady.

We can't afford slow and steady, honestly. Jaylen's free agency isn't that far off....

We’ve gone from 18-21 to 31-25 lately. And we just improved our roster today. The team is a solid right now and we still have tradeable assets (Horford’s expiring, Smart, TPE whatever) to use in the off-season if the right deal shows up. We’ll be fine. Today was a success.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2022, 03:17:58 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
I am excited to see if Romeo can revive his career in San Antonio. It is shocking to me how much confidence has lost in his offensive game since entering the NBA. That was supposed to be the strong-point of his game. It would be great if he could get it together. I like the way he (used to) drives the ball.

Rooting against him to be honest. I don’t want to look back in a few years and say the Spurs won this trade. It’s already insane that we gave up that pick swap.

« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2022, 03:18:29 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 503

I don't think slow & steady is going to get it done. They need some help. Serious help. Star help. Not role players and slow & steady.

We can't afford slow and steady, honestly. Jaylen's free agency isn't that far off....

We’ve gone from 18-21 to 31-25 lately. And we just improved our roster today. The team is a solid right now and we still have tradeable assets (Horford’s expiring, Smart, TPE whatever) to use in the off-season if the right deal shows up. We’ll be fine. Today was a success.

So what does this do to the locker room?  White and Theis both fantastic locker room guys but the C's unloaded half the team. 

« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2022, 03:19:29 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 503

Rooting against him to be honest. I don’t want to look back in a few years and say the Spurs won this trade. It’s already insane that we gave up that pick swap.

I still think Romeo is a good player and if he's actually given 25 mpg he will show it.  The c's weren't going to resign him but at the end of the day the C's are better in the short term but I think the Spurs will win this deal in the long term.  Gotta give to get.

« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2022, 03:20:04 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
How are we shipping out a first rounder after shipping one out last season?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2022, 03:22:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

to quote your screenname:

Who?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2022, 03:26:23 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I strongly disagree that we improved.

Our shooting took a step back and that's the area we really needed to add to.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2022, 03:33:31 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1525
why did we give up a 1st round pick and a pick swap for Derrick White? 
that seems like a lot.

« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2022, 03:33:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3142
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
White is definitely better than Richardson, but he’s not a FRP, a prospect and a FRP swap better. Awful
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2022, 03:41:03 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
White is definitely better than Richardson, but he’s not a FRP, a prospect and a FRP swap better. Awful

Brad and Ime must know something all of us don't know....er or I hope they do.

« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2022, 03:42:10 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton

I strongly disagree that we improved.

Our shooting took a step back and that's the area we really needed to add to.

Think most are underrating White. He’s good. He can be an above-average 3pt shooter and with more open looks I bet he will be.

He’s also a good playmaker and can play the point or off-guard if called upon.

This team — already a stout defensive unit — will he stifling between White and Theis coming in. We have great switchable size up and down the rotation.

More shooting — well, we have more minutes available for Pritchard. Nesmith too so hopefully he can start knocking it down.

Langford is no longer a prospect.

« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2022, 03:43:37 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
And if we move Horford and Smart in the off-season for someone like Beal, etc., White can slide right in as Smart’s replacement. I think there’s a lot to that.

« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2022, 03:45:21 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
And if we move Horford and Smart in the off-season for someone like Beal, etc., White can slide right in as Smart’s replacement. I think there’s a lot to that.

so are we keeping Smart?  I thought if we were giving away 1st round picks for a guy that he would come in and be the starter?
I just logged on and reading all this stuff right now.