Author Topic: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)  (Read 61547 times)

Re: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)
« Reply #270 on: November 02, 2019, 01:21:06 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Just wanted to come in here and say I don’t like Kyrie either.

Also, people should be careful to attribute any Nets success to solely Kyrie. LeVert has gotten better and better every single year.

« Reply #271 on: November 02, 2019, 01:54:36 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Scal made a key point last night.  Tatum's game winner was very similar to the buzzer beater he missed last season, which Kyrie whined and called his teammates out for.

Maybe if Tatum made the shot, it would've wiped the stench of that game. People keep saying Irving was upset because he didn't get the final shot. I remember the frustration of that game being that the starters built up a double digit lead twice in that game to have the bench come in and hand it right back two times.

Kyrie Irving is still a great talent. No one is denying that. But he appears to be a locker-room cancer and is showing the same signs he did with the Nets that he did with the Cavs and then the Celtics. Look at how much better the Celtics are playing this year with Kemba and how much happier/more free guys are.

You cant win a title with that. People will point to the Cavs, but they also had the greatest player of our generation in Lebron and still only were able to hold it together with Kyrie for 3 years. Maybe Durant comes back and is the same player and they are a contender. But its only a matter of time before these two guys self destruct the team.
“I was in Brooklyn for about four days and he’s happy as I’ve seen him, maybe ever,” “He is taking the time to be with the younger players. He’s engaging with them. He won the game for them the other night, almost won the game for them on opening night.”

So in those 4 days she apparently saw Irving the happiest he has been.  He has been engaging the young players.  Is spending time with them. 

yet he is apparently destroying the culture of the Nets.

Which is it?  Pick a story and stick to it Jackie.

Did people read the piece or are they just going by the chopped and screwed bits that Bleacher Report pulled for clickbait?

Jackie never said Kyrie was destroying the culture. The article is actually pretty positive, with the new "stars" and Nets officials trying to find a balance. The caveat that Kyrie is still prone to weird funks is a fair bit of reporting because it 1.) Is true  2.) Shows the fact that the guy didn't change overnight.

It must be obnoxious for reporters to write 1000-2000 word pieces and have people fixate on 50 words.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #272 on: November 02, 2019, 02:18:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Scal made a key point last night.  Tatum's game winner was very similar to the buzzer beater he missed last season, which Kyrie whined and called his teammates out for.

I think what Kyrie was upset about was the execution of that play, not the fact that Tatum missed it.

Also, if you replay that game, Tatum was literally in no man's land when he attempted the shot. Last night's shot was easier to make.

« Reply #273 on: November 02, 2019, 02:24:59 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!

I think what Kyrie was upset about was the execution of that play, not the fact that Tatum missed it.

Also, if you replay that game, Tatum was literally in no man's land when he attempted the shot. Last night's shot was easier to make.

Overall though, I still think the main difference is that this team plays together and is supportive of each other regardless. Last season, it never felt like that. Rozier and Kyrie in particular seemed to always complain about something when things weren't working.

Kemba is just a breath of fresh air compared to Kyrie on this team.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #274 on: November 02, 2019, 02:35:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Overall though, I still think the main difference is that this team plays together and is supportive of each other regardless. Last season, it never felt like that. Rozier and Kyrie in particular seemed to always complain about something when things weren't working.

Kemba is just a breath of fresh air compared to Kyrie on this team.

No disagreements there. Kemba is just a better fit for the team. I still wish it could've worked with Kyrie, but it happens. Some players pan out on certain teams, others don't.

« Reply #275 on: November 02, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
 >:(

He was upset that he didn’t get the ball. That’s the “execution” he complained about.  Brad said the play had multiple options, just like it did last night.

https://deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-was-p---ed-he-didnt-get-the-last-shot-1831715563

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=47syh22XaaE

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #276 on: November 02, 2019, 02:41:28 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

He was upset that he didn’t get the ball. That’s the “execution” he complained about.  Brad said the play had multiple options, just like it did last night.

https://deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-was-p---ed-he-didnt-get-the-last-shot-1831715563

I see. Okay. My only question though is why is Kyrie pointing at Horford when he's complaining to Hayward. Is Kyrie stating that maybe Hayward was suppose to pass it to Horford?

« Reply #277 on: November 02, 2019, 02:45:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I see. Okay. My only question though is why is Kyrie pointing at Horford when he's complaining to Hayward. Is Kyrie stating that maybe Hayward was suppose to pass it to Horford?

If I am remembering correctly, the primary option on the play was for Hayward to pass to Horford, who would then get the ball to a cutting Kyrie.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2019, 02:48:09 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

If I am remembering correctly, the primary option on the play was for Hayward to pass to Horford, who would then get the ball to a cutting Kyrie.

I think you're right. I think that's why Kyrie was ticked. Well, I still feel Hayward kind of botched the play but I also agree Kemba is a far better fit than Kyrie for this team.

« Reply #279 on: November 16, 2019, 08:59:46 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
No Kyrie tonight. Nets break 3 game losing streak. Even scoring for top 6 or 7 nets.  Wow what a coincidence.

Nets are going to regret signing him pretty badly I think.

« Reply #280 on: November 16, 2019, 09:18:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
No Kyrie tonight. Nets break 3 game losing streak. Even scoring for top 6 or 7 nets.  Wow what a coincidence.

not at all.  Nets don't sign Durant without Kyrie so they'll make the deal with that devil every day and twice on Sunday.  now, it the Nets underperform with Durant and Kyrie next year, then there'll be blood.

« Reply #281 on: November 16, 2019, 09:24:10 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 615

not at all.  Nets don't sign Durant without Kyrie so they'll make the deal with that devil every day and twice on Sunday.  now, it the Nets underperform with Durant and Kyrie next year, then there'll be blood.

Lots of factor with the KD signing:

1. Will KD back to 100%?
2. Even if he did, is this Nets really better than OKC where Russ and KD just takes turns in iso?
3. Will the team be happy with just watching the two isolate all game?

« Reply #282 on: November 16, 2019, 09:44:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Lots of factor with the KD signing:

1. Will KD back to 100%?
2. Even if he did, is this Nets really better than OKC where Russ and KD just takes turns in iso?
3. Will the team be happy with just watching the two isolate all game?

that's why I believe if they underperform the expectations, and make no mistake there will be high expectations regardless of recent player experience where players severely injured have needed more than a season to bounce back, the Nets fans and media will be looking for a bloodletting of that team and Kyrie is very likely going to be the focus of that considering his track record in Boston.

« Reply #283 on: November 16, 2019, 10:59:12 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572

That tends to happen when you go from playing the 3rd, 4th, and 5th seeds out West to playing the 4th worst team in the East (all 4 games were on the road).  Also not sure what you mean by even scoring as Dinwiddie had 24, Harris had 22, but the next closest player was Prince with 13.  The last 3 games with Irving, they had a much closer grouping or top tier scorers and smaller gaps between groupings.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #284 on: November 16, 2019, 11:08:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup

That tends to happen when you go from playing the 3rd, 4th, and 5th seeds out West to playing the 4th worst team in the East (all 4 games were on the road).  Also not sure what you mean by even scoring as Dinwiddie had 24, Harris had 22, but the next closest player was Prince with 13.  The last 3 games with Irving, they had a much closer grouping or top tier scorers and smaller gaps between groupings.

Stay on topic please.  Express your dislike of Kyrie!  ;D
Yup