Author Topic: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)  (Read 61545 times)

Re: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)
« Reply #300 on: November 28, 2019, 05:27:05 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Woahhhhh, I'm wondering if this guy is going to eventually drift off the edge of sanity. What I hated most about him was the condescending attitude towards others, teammates, media, fans, apparently coaches as well. Seems that despicable trait is only getting worse for Irving.

As for, "Love for the Art is the only thing that keeps the purist people in this giant sports/entertainment circus" , Yeah Kyrie, love for the art and $30 million a year.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #301 on: November 28, 2019, 05:30:56 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
The latest from word-smith Kyrie

Nothing like some more incoherent, rambling word vomit from Kyrie to appreciate what an upgrade we have in Kemba.
I get Boston fans’ dislike of KI and from a sports perspective I don’t blame them.   Kyrie is probably better described as troubled than deep — and I see no need for fans to provoke him.  He rambles, but I think it’s disingenuous to deny that he’s attempting to make the point that there are things more important than basketball.  My guess is that many players experience thoughts like this but are able to manage the thoughts without spewing publicly. He’s not.  “Kyrie Sucks” chants are unnecessary, are a bad look, and clearly get to him to his core.

Do you really want to get to him? Or is he actually right - there are more relevant things in the universe to be concerned with.

« Reply #302 on: November 28, 2019, 06:09:28 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Spurs fans chanted Traitor and some other ones last year in Kawhi’s return

« Reply #303 on: November 28, 2019, 06:19:22 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Nothing like some more incoherent, rambling word vomit from Kyrie to appreciate what an upgrade we have in Kemba.
I get Boston fans’ dislike of KI and from a sports perspective I don’t blame them.   Kyrie is probably better described as troubled than deep — and I see no need for fans to provoke him.  He rambles, but I think it’s disingenuous to deny that he’s attempting to make the point that there are things more important than basketball.  My guess is that many players experience thoughts like this but are able to manage the thoughts without spewing publicly. He’s not.  “Kyrie Sucks” chants are unnecessary, are a bad look, and clearly get to him to his core.

Do you really want to get to him? Or is he actually right - there are more relevant things in the universe to be concerned with.

of course there are more important things but i don't think anyone left his kids hungry for example to go boo KI. A few thousand persons went to a basketball game. A player who disrespect the team was there and the fans showed theri feelings. nobody said it was the most important thing in their lives but people should be allowed to express their feelings.

Do you think AH will get the same treatment??? I highly doubt.

KI last year against MIL on purpose hurt the team. He betrayed the fans of the team. What did he expect? He did not respect the fans he gets the same in return.

« Reply #304 on: November 28, 2019, 06:30:25 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
Life is more important than basketball but basketball is Irving's life and he thinks his is more important than everyone else's.  Stand up and speak the truth?  More like sit down and type what he imagines to be the truth in his fantasy land.

« Reply #305 on: November 28, 2019, 06:51:28 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I read it somewhere on twitter:

Cryie Irving 

;D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #306 on: November 28, 2019, 07:42:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 562
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I read it somewhere on twitter:

Cryie Irving 

;D
It's Kryknee Irving :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2019, 07:53:00 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
If Kyrie wants to make an earnest commentary about sports, life, mental health, values, etc., I’d welcome him to get an editor and post an article in the Players’ Tribune. That is I think it’s a valuable thing to explore and has some merit, absolutely. And sure, he’s entitled to post whatever he wants on IG or wherever. The rant doesn’t even bother me.

What bothers me is the failure to acknowledge that he’s part of this whole circus - he created most of it. He doesn’t need to disparage his teammates in press conferences after games. He surely didn’t need to proclaim his love for Boston by declaring he would resign and MAKING A COMMERCIAL about retiring his jersey. These are decisions he took part in, one way or another.

Lastly, man, fans are part of the game, booing is part of the game, and so is leadership. He apparently wants no part in any of those aspects. It’s selfish to stay home instead of supporting your team on the road in a hostile environment but we shouldn’t be surprised there.

EDIT: one more thing - if he were to say simply, “I screwed up and understand why fans are salty,” it would go a long, long way.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2019, 08:11:15 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
His attitude and actions were disingenuous .He hurt the Celtics image, quit in the playoffs after a win that may have jeopardised his plans .It was Kyrie that initiated the fans response. His secretive actions and duplicity were inexcusable and now he is trying using his grandfathers death/mental health as a shield.
He did not give the Celtics a heads up, derailing any hopes of recovering what they paid in trade.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it probably is "A DUCK "with impingement just another convenient smokescreen.
The gall of Kyrie as he accepts the applause and the huge money, how about sending the Celtics a draft pick.
He sabotaged that Milwaukee series whether it was subconscious or not but you torched the fans, players. and skipped town ghosting everyone.
Was this cowardly ,convenient and the actions of a spiritual person or someone suffering from a narcissistic  borderline personality disorder and  now hiding out in NY and retaliating via Instagram just another PR move to shift the onus to the fans.
It's your actions that are being booed not your leaving. Your actions caused carnage and your not sorry or repentant. Kyrie is not a failed leader, but has disgraced himself with his lack of qualities of a leader .
It doesn't matter how many points he scores or wows with his skills bouncing a ball-the stain of his actions while being a Celtic will follow.

« Reply #309 on: November 28, 2019, 08:13:31 AM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Does he realize how many people wish they had the means to be the head of their family? Or how many people don't have the luxury of time to go interpret the meaning of existence. He sounds like Troy from Reality Bites using millennial buzzwords.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #310 on: November 28, 2019, 09:17:27 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 985
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Somewhat different angle from me:  I have to admit that I was embarrassed last night by the Celtics fans booing of an absent person.  However, this is how C's fans feel, and for good reason (see the last couple of posts above).  It got me thinking:  KI fancies himself as an ultra-superstar in this league, but there's no evidence that he impacts winning without LBJ.  In fact, there's plenty of evidence (last season and this season) that he negatively impacts winning.  He is in danger of falling out of that elite group and becoming one of the most over-hyped players in NBA history.  Anything less than NBA Finals next year (once KD is back) will cement his place out of that elite group of ultra-superstars.  That's enough for me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:28:57 AM by Surferdad »

« Reply #311 on: November 28, 2019, 10:02:38 AM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Somewhat different angle from me:  I have to admit that I was embarrassed last night by the Celtics fans booing of an absent person.  However, this is how C's fans feel, and for good reason (see the last couple of posts above).  It got me thinking:  KI fancies himself as an ultra-superstar in this league, but there's no evidence that he impacts winning without LBJ.  In fact, there's plenty of evidence (last season and this season) that he negatively impacts winning.  He is in danger of falling out of that elite group and becoming one of the most over-hyped players in NBA history.  Anything less than NBA Finals next year (once KD is back) will cement his place out of that elite group of ultra-superstars.  That's enough for me.
Gotta agree with this.

Booing him shows that we actually care (which we shouldn't). Why not just completely ignore him and show him that he just doesn't matter anymore?

Kyrie was here for two years and really only played for a year-and-a-half. He wasn't here long enough where he should elicit this type of response from the fans. He didn't Ray Allen us. I don't get why everyone hates the guy so much.

I personally couldn't care less about him. He's gone. It's over. We have Kemba now and we're better for it. Can't we just move the hell on?

« Reply #312 on: November 28, 2019, 10:09:48 AM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

of course there are more important things but i don't think anyone left his kids hungry for example to go boo KI. A few thousand persons went to a basketball game. A player who disrespect the team was there and the fans showed theri feelings. nobody said it was the most important thing in their lives but people should be allowed to express their feelings.

KI last year against MIL on purpose hurt the team. He betrayed the fans of the team. What did he expect? He did not respect the fans he gets the same in return.
Well first of all, he wasn't there, which is what made the chants all the more embarrassing.

Second, no, Horford won't get the same treatment because his circumstances were entirely different. He left because the 76ers offered him more years and more money. If the Celtics offered him the same deal as Philly and he still left? Then he absolutely would deserve to get the same treatment, but that's not what happened.

And I'll be honest: Horford going to arguably our biggest rival rubs me the wrong way more than Kyrie going to the Nets. A legitimate argument can be made that Horford betrayed the fans by going to the team we hate the most.

« Reply #313 on: November 28, 2019, 10:17:50 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Well first of all, he wasn't there, which is what made the chants all the more embarrassing.

Second, no, Horford won't get the same treatment because his circumstances were entirely different. He left because the 76ers offered him more years and more money. If the Celtics offered him the same deal as Philly and he still left? Then he absolutely would deserve to get the same treatment, but that's not what happened.

And I'll be honest: Horford going to arguably our biggest rival rubs me the wrong way more than Kyrie going to the Nets. A legitimate argument can be made that Horford betrayed the fans by going to the team we hate the most.

The problem is not that as an FA decided to go somewhere else but his whole behavior towards the team and tge fans during his time in Boston.

« Reply #314 on: November 28, 2019, 10:47:48 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Personally, I hated the chants of the fans last night.

It was stupid and pointless. The guy doesn't play here any more....get over it.

Unless you want to try to make Kyrie miserable. But with the team playing so well, again, what's the point?