Author Topic: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)  (Read 61543 times)

Re: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)
« Reply #315 on: November 28, 2019, 11:10:38 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I grew up watching basketball  when rivalries were real.
 Wilt Chamberlain and Russell, Lakers .Philly and Detroit and Bill Laimbeer.
Danny was always booed .Lebron was booed ,Dwayne Wade was booed.
Fans are supposed to be part of homecourt advantage and getting under players skin .Players talk trash all game.
Nets players were saying how hard it is with Celtic fans.
What was embarrassing was not the booing but that Kyrie was not there and the fans made sure he heard it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 12:07:07 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #316 on: November 28, 2019, 11:47:00 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL does Kyrie actually expect people to read that entire post?

Glad he's gone. This year's team is drama-free and fun to watch. 1000x better than last season

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #317 on: November 28, 2019, 12:08:47 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2524
Fans are supposed to be part of homecourt advantage and getting under players skin .Players talk trash all game.
What was embarrassing was not the boing but that Kyrie was not there and the fans made sure he heard it.

Well-sated, rollie, TP.

Sports is not about kumbaya-BS. It's not about everyone being equal or treating other teams and players fairly.

It is about unbridled, intense competition and fandom. It's a way to unleash that inner fire in what is absolutely the proper setting. Passion is what makes sports great. And the players' and fans' passion helps drive the team to victory.

Is there a line that can be crossed? Sure. But booing an opposing player is not crossing that line at all, especially if that player pulled all the garbage that Kyrie did.

« Reply #318 on: November 28, 2019, 12:19:23 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
I think overall Boston fans are pretty forgiving and appreciative of former players. The one thing they don’t forgive is lack of effort though, and Kyrie quiting on is during the playoffs was what crossed the line imo.

« Reply #319 on: November 28, 2019, 01:00:37 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
What was embarrassing was not the booing but that Kyrie was not there and the fans made sure he heard it.

I grew up with these rivalries too. I was never a “booer” but my point wasn’t about whether people have a right to boo or a that I have disrespect for their choice about how to express their feelings.  I was reacting to Kyrie’s letter. Sometimes it’s ok to hold back when the target doesn’t really seem to be able  to handle it. I get that he’s a grown man and probably is just fine — but he doesn’t seem just fine to me and I wondered whether the expression of anger toward Kyrie is really worth it.

I am thrilled with the team this year — and glad Kyrie's gone but I agree with Valid — Horfords departure hurt this team more than Irving’s and Al is going to be cheered.

« Reply #320 on: November 28, 2019, 01:12:58 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 751
I think overall Boston fans are pretty forgiving and appreciative of former players. The one thing they don’t forgive is lack of effort though, and Kyrie quiting on is during the playoffs was what crossed the line imo.

That's really what this is about, right? Horford left too but there is no ill will toward him because no one in Boston questions his dedication. Kyrie isn't hated because he left, it's because a lot of fans, with pretty good reason, think he stopped trying for his team when he had one foot out the door.

I don't hate Kyrie but that's real.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #321 on: November 28, 2019, 01:18:08 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

That's really what this is about, right? Horford left too but there is no ill will toward him because no one in Boston questions his dedication. Kyrie isn't hated because he left, it's because a lot of fans, with pretty good reason, think he stopped trying for his team when he had one foot out the door.

I don't hate Kyrie but that's real.

All true.

« Reply #322 on: November 28, 2019, 02:43:13 PM »

Offline DrinkinCelticKool-Aid

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 36
What's the chances Kyrie tries to duck out of the game in Boston on 3/3?

« Reply #323 on: November 28, 2019, 02:49:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well spoken post by Kyrie Irving.

If some of us can put aside our blind hatred and READ it it makes sense.

Basketball is a sport we ALL love...we ALL love out Boston Celtics.

There ARE, though - bigger things in life than basketball.

That is what I get from Kyrie's post and he is correct.

I wish him well. He owes NO ONE anything but himself and those he cares about.

My GOD our Boston Celtics are 14-3......we are doing GREAT things WITHOUT Gordon Hayward. Gordon Hayward is FINALLY returning to form and this bodes WELL for BOS.....why the vitriol?

On this Thanksgiving Day "I" am Thankful. Thankful for good health, right frame of mind, my two sons, my wife of 22 years, Grandmas, Great Grandmas, food to eat, roof over my head AND a wonderful Rescue Siamese Cat.

I am also thankful for Kyrie Irving's time in BOS and I wish him well.

« Reply #324 on: November 28, 2019, 04:23:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don’t know. To me, it bordered on incoherent, as if every third word was missing.  It was close to word salad.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #325 on: November 28, 2019, 04:27:07 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214

I don’t know. To me, it bordered on incoherent, as if every third word was missing.  It was close to word salad.

I agree. It was the normal contrived, pre-palnned nonsense he usually spouts. To me it reeks of someone who is insecure and desperately trying to sound intelligent and educated.

Attention-seeking-rubbish.

« Reply #326 on: November 28, 2019, 07:31:49 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 989
Fans have a right to boo if they feel compelled to.

Imagine being engaged to a lady for 2 years, some good times, some bad and then a few months before marriage at a dinner out, you tell the bride to be’s family, you cannot wait for the day to finally get here and look forward to becoming a part of her family if they will have you...day of wedding is upon us and groom is nowhere to be seen....stands up bride and family at the altar and then proceeds to marry his childhood, hometown crush...Think brides family is going to be sending him gifts and applause cause of two good years when in reality, he stood up their bride. He is forever on their crap list for sure and deservedly sure. If he was not one hundred percent committed to the bride, should have never got engaged and promised her the world.

I could care less now cause it did work out better for us. The biggest lesson to be learned is be careful what you publicly commit to if you're not one hundred percent on board.

« Reply #327 on: November 28, 2019, 07:59:36 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Imagine being engaged to a lady for 2 years, some good times, some bad and then a few months before marriage at a dinner out, you tell the bride to be’s family, you cannot wait for the day to finally get here and look forward to becoming a part of her family if they will have you...day of wedding is upon us and groom is nowhere to be seen....stands up bride and family at the altar and then proceeds to marry his childhood, hometown crush...Think brides family is going to be sending him gifts and applause cause of two good years when in reality, he stood up their bride. He is forever on their crap list for sure and deservedly sure. If he was not one hundred percent committed to the bride, should have never got engaged and promised her the world.

I could care less now cause it did work out better for us. The biggest lesson to be learned is be careful what you publicly commit to if you're not one hundred percent on board.

It’s possible that the bride’s family is relieved and think she dodged a bullet.   Maybe they thank him when they see him.

« Reply #328 on: November 28, 2019, 08:07:28 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
So are we just going to forget what Kyrie announced before last season in front of TD Garden ("I'll stay if you want me, blah blah blah"), THEN all season long whined and called out our other players and even Brad Stevens, and clearly quit during the Bucks series.

I mean, when Isaiah Thomas on one occasion called out Stevens after a game in March of 2017, this blog lost it and called him out on it. Kyrie did this on more occasions though...

I have no clue how Kyrie is supposedly some "victim" in all this. Most of this is self-inflicted. He clearly has an ego.

And how convenient that he happens to be injured and can't even be with his team against Boston (2x), Cleveland, and New York. And Hayward with a broken ankle came to Game 7 two years ago, but Kyrie missed it because he decided he wanted to do some random procedure at that time. Lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #329 on: November 28, 2019, 09:39:39 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

OR...........

Imagine having your bride LEAVE you and go to BKN for what he assumes to be a better date (Let's be real, here - Kevin Durant IS quite the catch)....and instead of being JILTED we INSTEAD end up with the person of our dreams (Utah Gordon Hayward) AND a new FOX comes on the scene named Kemba Walker...

No SANE Man / Woman would sit there and feel jilted when the RELATIONSHIP is even BETTER than before.

It's like having the absolute best dating / marriage scenario play out in BOTH parties' favor but ONE party still wants to reminisce......

I'm calling Dr. Phil for Celticsstrong - heck "I" will sit in on the lecture too because this is CRAZY to me.