Author Topic: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10  (Read 49922 times)

Re: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page
« Reply #435 on: June 18, 2019, 10:04:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
If we go young Rozier has to go. He's complete trash. Trash.

In an offseason where nothing has gone as planned, I find it unlikely Rozier will go elsewhere.

Unfortunately you are right. Do not think there will be much interest in him and Ainge can get him for cheap.

They should renounce all the FA's rights and create as much space as possible.

Exactly.

Brogdon can be had for 20 mill or so. Why resign rozier when malcom is far superior

Should we max out Malcom Brogdon to put pressure on Milwaukee? With Kyrie and Al leaving, we should have the cap space.

If he signs the offer sheet, at worst, we get an overpaid, but a very good piece who is an excellent shooter, good defender and a high IQ player. At best, you put Milwaukee in a position to worry about tax implications.

I like Brogdon and think he’d be a good fit with our group, but I’m not sure I want to pay that much to a guy with limited upside. Isn’t he already 26?

A Brogdon, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, abd Baynes/Williams lineup certainly is intriguing, though.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Somewhere out there IT is QQ.

« Reply #437 on: June 18, 2019, 10:05:54 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
Wow... y’all this is not good at all we are on legit red alert mode.

Titanic has hit the iceberg

Danny going down with the,ship. :D
Expect Wyc to make a 'we're committed to creating a championship team' damage control interview tomorrow.

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No Horford means a really bad front line.

Nobody to match up with Giannis nor Embid. Teams are going to feast on Boston.

Re: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10
« Reply #439 on: June 18, 2019, 10:06:48 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 989
Guess what everyone, signing Horford to a 100m 4 year deal makes zero sense for where this team is right now. It would halt ability to sign a younger max or two in 21 and would not put us in a position to win a title next year or the year after.

Comments eluding to Danny’s health and woe is me titanic like statements just adds credence to the idea of toxicity in our town. In my opinion, it is in truly poor taste.

I would not sign Horford to 4 year high deal at 25 m per...Not unless I thought I could add another piece that would put us in position to win a title. Horford with current players equals first round win at best. Horford plus fully recovered Hayward means competitive second round at best..Horford plus fully recovered Hayward and monumental leap with Tatum(21 years old) and Brown(22) means possible third round if everything breaks perfectly and other injuries on other teams. Add PG that ignites offense and amazing tram chemistry and yes, we could pull a green rabbit out of our backside and challenge to make finals which I believe is not likely.

4 years, 100m to lock salary in a player that can help us stay competitive but not take us into upper echelon without Kyrie...never would do that. We chased Kyrie from Boston and maybe Kyrie was not Boston worthy but we gave him no chance...now we are left with a team that needs a few years to grow..Horford’s value for us is not as high as it would be for a team like the Clippers or Lakers or even Warriors or Rockets...Dont commit to putting a bandaid on a scab that covers the entire arm in hopes not all of the blood will leak out too soon..rip it off..let the young players grow and turn into giants and show some class for Horford

Amazing now that Kyrie is gone, animosity shifts to  Danny now...we are a toxic basketball town when we don't get our way...

I agree with a lot of that.  But I disagree with the notion that all of boston chased Kyrie away.  There are internet forums on every NBA team, it doesn't stop a high level NBA player from doing anything, or really have any impact on them.  If you mean the whole fanbase, then I think you are probably off base.  Kyrie was pretty much loved from the second he got he by the average fans attending the games.  He was cheered like any other celtic center piece and he was dogged when he played poorly just like any other boston player.  The fans dont deserve any of the blame for how Kyrie handled himself or how he played.

Definitely not whole fanbase but unfortunately in this day of intense media scrutiny, a good amount of people can turn a clear pond muddy. And those people are entitled to their thoughts but all actions have consequences and we need to be honest with what we see in the mirror in front of us. God knows I am far from perfect and definitely not right all of the time with our team but I try to not be too toxic most of the time! 😁 We have always struggled getting big free agents to come to Celtics and think the mirror reflection for our media and some of the entitlement we feel is partly responsible for that.

Yes, I want a leader and superstar who has tougher skin as well but understand some personalities want to feel loved and like they belong. Sometimes meeting someone half way is a good place to begin. One year of disappointing results caused a Jekyll and Hyde from some of us, me included at points. We as our former superstar are both to blame in the end.

« Reply #440 on: June 18, 2019, 10:07:25 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 287
35 win team MAX.

Lottery bound.

Worst front court in the NBA

Worthless draft picks this year

No PG

An overpaid HAYWARD

Nobody remotely interested in playing here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

« Reply #441 on: June 18, 2019, 10:07:34 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
All this means is that talks have been stalled. They'll likely resume negotiations again once free agency begins. There's no need to panic.
I'm going to disagree and say Al's agent already has an agreement in hand from another team.

« Reply #442 on: June 18, 2019, 10:07:47 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If we go young Rozier has to go. He's complete trash. Trash.

In an offseason where nothing has gone as planned, I find it unlikely Rozier will go elsewhere.

Unfortunately you are right. Do not think there will be much interest in him and Ainge can get him for cheap.

They should renounce all the FA's rights and create as much space as possible.

Exactly.

Brogdon can be had for 20 mill or so. Why resign rozier when malcom is far superior

Should we max out Malcom Brogdon to put pressure on Milwaukee? With Kyrie and Al leaving, we should have the cap space.

If he signs the offer sheet, at worst, we get an overpaid, but a very good piece who is an excellent shooter, good defender and a high IQ player. At best, you put Milwaukee in a position to worry about tax implications.

I like Brogdon and think he’d be a good fit with our group, but I’m not sure I want to pay that much to a guy with limited upside. Isn’t he already 26?

A Brogdon, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, abd Baynes/Williams lineup certainly is intriguing, though.

He's 26. At best, he's probably going to hover around this season's average of 15 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, shooting close to 50-40-90.

It's his 4th year in the league, so his max won't be super big. He's going to be a stable player for us, would fit our system, and would fit our two top prospects.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #443 on: June 18, 2019, 10:09:01 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 989
Losing Kyrie then Davis changed everything. Signing Horford to 100m for 4 makes zero sense. That is my thought in three sentences which is a record for me.

« Reply #444 on: June 18, 2019, 10:09:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
And we thought the Memphis pick next year was going to be Boston's only lottery pick.

looking more like top  10 lotto every day now

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
No Horford means a really bad front line.

Nobody to match up with Giannis nor Embid. Teams are going to feast on Boston.

We still talking about the likes of Giannis and Embiid after all this offseason shenanigans?

I think we should start talking about how to stop Dewayne Dedmon or Wendell Carter Jr. cuz this team without Al ain't making the playoffs

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #446 on: June 18, 2019, 10:10:10 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1525
Guess what everyone, signing Horford to a 100m 4 year deal makes zero sense for where this team is right now. It would halt ability to sign a younger max or two in 21 and would not put us in a position to win a title next year or the year after.

Comments eluding to Danny’s health and woe is me titanic like statements just adds credence to the idea of toxicity in our town. In my opinion, it is in truly poor taste.

I would not sign Horford to 4 year high deal at 25 m per...Not unless I thought I could add another piece that would put us in position to win a title. Horford with current players equals first round win at best. Horford plus fully recovered Hayward means competitive second round at best..Horford plus fully recovered Hayward and monumental leap with Tatum(21 years old) and Brown(22) means possible third round if everything breaks perfectly and other injuries on other teams. Add PG that ignites offense and amazing tram chemistry and yes, we could pull a green rabbit out of our backside and challenge to make finals which I believe is not likely.

4 years, 100m to lock salary in a player that can help us stay competitive but not take us into upper echelon without Kyrie...never would do that. We chased Kyrie from Boston and maybe Kyrie was not Boston worthy but we gave him no chance...now we are left with a team that needs a few years to grow..Horford’s value for us is not as high as it would be for a team like the Clippers or Lakers or even Warriors or Rockets...Dont commit to putting a bandaid on a scab that covers the entire arm in hopes not all of the blood will leak out too soon..rip it off..let the young players grow and turn into giants and show some class for Horford

Amazing now that Kyrie is gone, animosity shifts to  Danny now...we are a toxic basketball town when we don't get our way...

I agree with a lot of that.  But I disagree with the notion that all of boston chased Kyrie away.  There are internet forums on every NBA team, it doesn't stop a high level NBA player from doing anything, or really have any impact on them.  If you mean the whole fanbase, then I think you are probably off base.  Kyrie was pretty much loved from the second he got he by the average fans attending the games.  He was cheered like any other celtic center piece and he was dogged when he played poorly just like any other boston player.  The fans dont deserve any of the blame for how Kyrie handled himself or how he played.

Definitely not whole fanbase but unfortunately in this day of intense media scrutiny, a good amount of people can turn a clear pond muddy. And those people are entitled to their thoughts but all actions have consequences and we need to be honest with what we see in the mirror in front of us. God knows I am far from perfect and definitely not right all of the time with our team but I try to not be too toxic most of the time! 😁 We have always struggled getting big free agents to come to Celtics and think the mirror reflection for our media and some of the entitlement we feel is partly responsible for that.

Yes, I want a leader and superstar who has tougher skin as well but understand some personalities want to feel loved and like they belong. Sometimes meeting someone half way is a good place to begin. One year of disappointing results caused a Jekyll and Hyde from some of us, me included at points. We as our former superstar are both to blame in the end.

I agree I want a leader with tougher skin than Kyrie, I am sure we all do.  I just don't think the fanbase is to blame one way or another for the actions of the players or the management of the team...I am certainly not shouldering any of the blame for this, and I suggest that you don't either :)
Good on you for being concerned about your own actions though.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 449
Tough to find a silver lining in all of this.

Reminds me of Portland 10 years ago.  Brandon Roy was among the best players in the NBA, Aldridge looked like an excellent #2, and Oden/Batum held even more promise than Tatum/Brown.  Looked like they had it made for a long time.  Fast forward a couple of years... Roy and Oden are out of the league with injuries, Batum plateaus as a mediocre roleplayer rather than a star, and Aldridge is left to captain the ship alone. 

Coming into this year, we had Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Horford, and two tantalizing picks.  Now, we have Brown, Hayward, and Tatum left.  All three have lost some luster after a challenging season.  Kyrie and Horford appear to be gone, and one of the picks turned into a mediocre end-of-lottery selection rather than the premium asset we thought we had.  It's hard to watch a masterful rebuild hit an iceberg like this.

The silver lining is actually quite clear - their team last year won 49 games and was easily bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Bringing the same team back was not going to change things.

We were bringing the same team back minus the poison Kyrie.

« Reply #448 on: June 18, 2019, 10:10:47 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 563

Yep.  A lot of entitled Diva posters who whine when everything doesn't go there way.  Fact is we're still in pretty good shape with some good young players and extra picks.  Horford leaving won't necessarily be a bad thing.   Danny shouldn't bother with bringing in a bunch of lesser vets.  He needs to tell Stevens to focus on player development next season not maximizing wins.  Missing the playoffs next season wouldn't be catastrophic. 

« Reply #449 on: June 18, 2019, 10:11:17 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 451
According to reports, Horford has halted discussions with the Celtics for a 3 year deal and will now look for a 4 year deal elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/1141124460805873665?s=20
well, if Horford does leave, the C's are toast.  what a fall from presumed Eastern Conf champs this preseason to a team looking at missing the playoffs and back in rebuild mode the next. 

have to say, if Kyrie and Horford leave with no AD trade, Danny really needs to take the heat on this mess.  thought he was doing well as a GM but this past season and current offseason has been a real kick in the nuts for fans

Danny took good calculated risk any win now GM’s would do.  Did he cause hayward to break his leg?  Did he make rich Paul sign with AD so AD could be enabled?  Did he make kyrie Irving leave a turd in the playoffs?  As much as I get on Ainge and I’m not a in Danny we trust guy like some, he put this team in the best case scenario to hav one of two things happen...win a title and run it back this year or get bounced in the playoff and still have the core of your youth in tact in the event the vets want to leave.  If kyrie, Ad, and Horford all sign here, it’s a differnt song.  I can’t see how’s this is his fault.

Did you see him waste an entire season or two trying to pry a generational talented big man who refuses to play a single game or minute for the Celtics? I certainly did. As soon as that hint dropped that AD has LA written in him, Ainge should've just moved on and made some midseason moves to make a playoff push.

That news came around the trade deadline.  He could t get AD anyway.  So what just blow up the team mid way through based on heresay and not give yourself at least an option?  Please