Author Topic: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10  (Read 49914 times)

Re: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page
« Reply #450 on: June 18, 2019, 10:11:21 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1525
If we go young Rozier has to go. He's complete trash. Trash.

In an offseason where nothing has gone as planned, I find it unlikely Rozier will go elsewhere.

Unfortunately you are right. Do not think there will be much interest in him and Ainge can get him for cheap.

They should renounce all the FA's rights and create as much space as possible.

Exactly.

Brogdon can be had for 20 mill or so. Why resign rozier when malcom is far superior

Should we max out Malcom Brogdon to put pressure on Milwaukee? With Kyrie and Al leaving, we should have the cap space.

If he signs the offer sheet, at worst, we get an overpaid, but a very good piece who is an excellent shooter, good defender and a high IQ player. At best, you put Milwaukee in a position to worry about tax implications.

I like Brogdon and think he’d be a good fit with our group, but I’m not sure I want to pay that much to a guy with limited upside. Isn’t he already 26?

A Brogdon, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, abd Baynes/Williams lineup certainly is intriguing, though.

He's 26. At best, he's probably going to hover around this season's average of 15 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, shooting close to 50-40-90.

It's his 4th year in the league, so his max won't be super big. He's going to be a stable player for us, would fit our system, and would fit our two top prospects.

Yeah I don't know how much he is worth contract wise, but he is a smart player, shares the ball, his team mates seem to really like him.  He plays hard.  He would fit in well.

Re: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10
« Reply #451 on: June 18, 2019, 10:17:12 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Well Stevens does coach college like teams better and won't have to worry about figuring out what to do with stars. That could be an advantage.

Re: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page
« Reply #452 on: June 18, 2019, 10:18:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
Wow... y’all this is not good at all we are on legit red alert mode.

Titanic has hit the iceberg

Danny going down with the,ship. :D
Expect Wyc to make a 'we're committed to creating a championship team' damage control interview tomorrow.

i know i ll sure feel better for it

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
No Horford means a really bad front line.

Nobody to match up with Giannis nor Embid. Teams are going to feast on Boston.

We still talking about the likes of Giannis and Embiid after all this offseason shenanigans?

I think we should start talking about how to stop Dewayne Dedmon or Wendell Carter Jr. cuz this team without Al ain't making the playoffs
Al has been the backbone of this team's defense for his entire time here and someone who can guard the best big's in the league man to man. Without him they have a really good chance of being one of the worst defensive teams in the league - Smart or no Smart. 

This team will get destroyed by any team with decent offensive bigs.

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Go after Russell and Randle
Draft a C
Deal off the other picks if you can for younger players sitting at the end of someone’s bench

Keep Hayward and you should make the playoffs

« Reply #455 on: June 18, 2019, 10:22:38 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 989
Guess what everyone, signing Horford to a 100m 4 year deal makes zero sense for where this team is right now. It would halt ability to sign a younger max or two in 21 and would not put us in a position to win a title next year or the year after.

Comments eluding to Danny’s health and woe is me titanic like statements just adds credence to the idea of toxicity in our town. In my opinion, it is in truly poor taste.

I would not sign Horford to 4 year high deal at 25 m per...Not unless I thought I could add another piece that would put us in position to win a title. Horford with current players equals first round win at best. Horford plus fully recovered Hayward means competitive second round at best..Horford plus fully recovered Hayward and monumental leap with Tatum(21 years old) and Brown(22) means possible third round if everything breaks perfectly and other injuries on other teams. Add PG that ignites offense and amazing tram chemistry and yes, we could pull a green rabbit out of our backside and challenge to make finals which I believe is not likely.

4 years, 100m to lock salary in a player that can help us stay competitive but not take us into upper echelon without Kyrie...never would do that. We chased Kyrie from Boston and maybe Kyrie was not Boston worthy but we gave him no chance...now we are left with a team that needs a few years to grow..Horford’s value for us is not as high as it would be for a team like the Clippers or Lakers or even Warriors or Rockets...Dont commit to putting a bandaid on a scab that covers the entire arm in hopes not all of the blood will leak out too soon..rip it off..let the young players grow and turn into giants and show some class for Horford

Amazing now that Kyrie is gone, animosity shifts to  Danny now...we are a toxic basketball town when we don't get our way...
Yep.  A lot of entitled Diva posters who whine when everything doesn't go there way.  Fact is we're still in pretty good shape with some good young players and extra picks.  Horford leaving won't necessarily be a bad thing.   Danny shouldn't bother with bringing in a bunch of lesser vets.  He needs to tell Stevens to focus on player development next season not maximizing wins.  Missing the playoffs next season wouldn't be catastrophic.

Exactly..TP

« Reply #456 on: June 18, 2019, 10:27:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
League source: Celtics believe Horford may already have a good idea of where he's headed, after such a dramatic step back from negotiations

https://twitter.com/murf56/status/1141169268949704704?s=21

« Reply #457 on: June 18, 2019, 10:27:39 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I wonder if Horford is going to Milwaukee. He’d be a great fit there.

« Reply #458 on: June 18, 2019, 10:28:50 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
http://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1141166439618891776

Celtics and Rockets recently "checked in" about potential Clint Capela trade, per
@IanBegley

The Capela/Horford S&T possibility may be more realistic now than ever.

Still find this to be an intriguing possibility. You could set up a really interesting run-and-gun type of lineup with Smart/Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Capela. (Though I admit that I’m biased, as I fully wanted Capela over Young in 2014).

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
Talk about from the penthouse to the basement...this is almost as bad as Cleveland going from the Finals to being one of the worst teams in the league this year.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #460 on: June 18, 2019, 10:31:53 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
I wonder if Horford is going to Milwaukee. He’d be a great fit there.

Surely they don’t have the money to add someone like Horford.

Still think this is mainly a negotiation tactic to try and get the C’s to bite and pay more. Not saying he for sure stays, but I’m skeptical that he’d already know where he’s going.

« Reply #461 on: June 18, 2019, 10:32:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
 The #Celtics are reportedly hopeful they can come to an agreement with Al Horford before it's too late 👇

https://twitter.com/nbcsboston/status/1141161033299628032?s=21

« Reply #462 on: June 18, 2019, 10:33:18 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I want to see what they do on draft night. Do they dump picks or do they just pick 2 guys and a Euro draft n stash...

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
GULP.....we are officially back to 2013 again. Our best player will be soon to be 29 Hayward who we have no idea if he will ever be back to Utah form.

But atleast we have Tatum, Brown and Smart.

My oh my what a freakin reversal of fortunes between our beloved Cs and the freakin Fakers franchise.

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
GULP.....we are officially back to 2013 again. Our best player will be soon to be 29 Hayward who we have no idea if he will ever be back to Utah form.

But atleast we have Tatum, Brown and Smart.

My oh my what a freakin reversal of fortunes between our beloved Cs and the freakin Fakers franchise.

And the worst thing is the Fakers didn't even do anything to deserve their good fortune this year. Their front office is a shambles.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D