Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 347461 times)

Re: Woj: Pelicans agree to trade Davis to LAL
« Reply #4095 on: June 15, 2019, 06:41:37 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
WOW. Unbelievable.

The Lakers always get what they want, right? SMH

Gonna be another disappointing Celtics season, as far as I'm concerned. No AD, Kyrie's probably gone, and Danny will probably keep Rozier. Ugh. Gross.

In case you're wondering, no, I don't think Tatum and/or Brown and/or Rozier are gonna be superstars.

I would be devastated to see the Lakers to destroy the Celtics in Boston and then beat them again in Los Angeles.

LeBron/Davis/All-Star #3...tough.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4096 on: June 15, 2019, 06:41:45 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
So over the past two years we've missed out on acquiring Paul George, Jimmy Butler, and now Anthony Davis.

Include Kawhi as well......all because we all thought the Diva would stay put.

« Reply #4097 on: June 15, 2019, 06:42:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah I have to believe two things:

(1) Kyrie is officially gone and even the Celtics front office knows this

(2) Ainge, Wyc and others must not have had much confidence that we'd keep AD after this season.

The package does seem a bit thin (thought they'd ask for Kuzma too), although man, it looks like Griffin didn't care what the Pels FO hoped for, he still sent AD to the Lakers.

This will be an interesting offseason. I do think Ainge is working on something creative but it won't be a "fireworks" kind of thing.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4098 on: June 15, 2019, 06:42:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
No joke. I'm likely to no longer going to watch NBA basketball. The Lakers get what they want. I wanted since the kg/pierce to nets deal for ainge to get Davis . Now we're back in the NBA lottery. The lotto was rigged too for the Lakers. 4 years in the top 4!!! This isn't a sport. Its more rigged than the wwe

Nba wanted Davis to LAL so lebron doesn't retire  in a dumpster fire team. Didn't anyone see what silver said about the playoff viewership decline? "its because lebron isn't in the playoffs"

How do we fix it? Get lebron back in there !

« Reply #4099 on: June 15, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 979
3 first round picks could pay dividends as well. One injury to an older Lebron and it could get ugly fast with all those missing players off their roster.

Danny loves Tatum more then Davis and I am ok with that.

2021 is our next chance to add. Let the young players play.

To me this officially means Kyrie is gone now as well. Dont do any knee jerk trades now unless its for two year contracts.

A team without Kyrie and Davis should be able to get 7th or 8th seed but one injury to Brown or Tatum and we could be in lottery.

Best hope Hayward returns to form now as well..if not, it will be ugly for a few years unless Tatum or Brown become superstars at early age.

[dang]...Lakers will now get another superstar as free agent...Butler, Lebron and Davis could be nasty to face as could Kawhi instead of Butler...

« Reply #4100 on: June 15, 2019, 06:42:43 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
So over the past two years we've missed out on acquiring Paul George, Jimmy Butler, and now Anthony Davis.

Include Kawhi as well......all because we all thought the Diva would stay put.
Yes this is sad

« Reply #4101 on: June 15, 2019, 06:43:21 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
Sickening.  Summer ruined.  Lakers are the only franchise in sports that can be a laughing stock of dysfunction and still end up (once again) with 2 of the top 5 players in the game.  They’ve turned it around in 12 months with LBJ deciding that’s where he wants to be and then AD manipulating his way there.  I’m disgusted.

« Reply #4102 on: June 15, 2019, 06:43:48 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1038
Ridiculous.

So now Kyrie to Brooklyn (or New York).

I guess we have no choice but to resign Rozier?

Whatever, this sucks.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4103 on: June 15, 2019, 06:43:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Sometimes the best trades are the ones that are never made....

Still not counting out our youth movement. What JB and Tatum did last year's playoffs was special.

I guess Rozier is still leaving. I wish him well.

Let's get Beverly or Rubio in here, shore up our Bigs and move on.

I think Davis will find the lifting in LAL quite considerable.

« Reply #4104 on: June 15, 2019, 06:44:05 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Guess this means that we would have to find the best replacement for Kyrie out there. And me hopes we get the Utah version of |hayward finally, otherwise im pulling my grey hairs as to why we spend that max slot on a Chandler Parsons clone.

« Reply #4105 on: June 15, 2019, 06:44:37 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I might get laughed at, but: 3 first-rounders doesn't seem like something to scoff at, nor something the Celtics were willing to give up.

Granted any first rounder from LAL now will likely be in the 20s. But still, that's almost unheard of these days.

« Reply #4106 on: June 15, 2019, 06:45:05 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
Davis was never coming. The media and a large percentage of Celtics fans deluded themselves into thinking this was happening.

There's still the potential for a competitive team if Hayward returns to form and Al re-ups.  Danny has a lot of work to do however rounding out the roster.  There's a ton of cheap deadwood on the bench that needs to go so we can bring in complimentary guys who will actually contribute something on a nightly basis. 

« Reply #4107 on: June 15, 2019, 06:46:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Wow.

I'm honestly shocked. Danny Ainge planned for years to go after AD and he backed down when the time came.

What is Danny's plan for the Celtics? 

I'm actually okay with a youth movement but I'm genuinely upset by the notion that the Celtics don't have a clear plan or philosophy.

Just because you haven't been informed of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

True.

However, for YEARS, I mean over a DECADE, Danny Ainge has been all about compiling assets and positioning the team to make a big trade when the opportunity arises.

Now the team had that opportunity and they chose not to take it.

There is no obvious next move on the horizon.  There is no clear next target for a major trade to make the Celtics a contender.

Danny is not a "build through youth" GM. Never has been. Wyc talks all the time about how impatient he is for the team to be really good.

In the wake of this AD trade, what do you believe the Celtics ownership and front office actually believe?  What is their philosophy for building a great team?  What is their plan?

I have no idea, and that to me is scarier than the idea of trading future assets for a superstar who will leave in a year.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4108 on: June 15, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Good. It is over. Build young. Stay the course.

« Reply #4109 on: June 15, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Curious to see the protections for the other two firsts involved, and which years