Author Topic: WojBomb - Cavs evaluating options after IT physical...  (Read 129691 times)

Re: WojBomb - Cavs evaluating options after IT physical...
« Reply #825 on: August 30, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Ainge should cough up that top-55 protected pick already so that we can all go on with our lives...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #826 on: August 30, 2017, 04:05:36 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
Ainge should cough up that top-55 protected pick already so that we can all go on with our lives...

He shouldn't cough up anything.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #827 on: August 30, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The Milwaukee Bucks have repeatedly been included in trade rumors surrounding Irving, with rookie of the year Malcolm Brogdon and guard Khris Middleton often mentioned in the potential offers. However, according to a league source who spoke with the Journal Sentinel on Wednesday, there is “nothing” to these reports. In fact, the source says there have not even been conversations between the Bucks and Cavaliers.

So fake news...spread by. .

« Reply #828 on: August 30, 2017, 04:21:54 PM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14

Really? You wanna pump your chest out and play big man on campus while Kyrie goes to Milwaukee?

« Reply #829 on: August 30, 2017, 04:24:40 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be

Really? You wanna pump your chest out and play big man on campus while Kyrie goes to Milwaukee?

Why the hell should he cough up any more after they agreed to a trade?  What the hell kind of precedent does it set?  It's dirty pool by CLE.  Negotiate this thing through or play chicken with CLE.  My guess is that, if they're smart, they'll blink first.   

It's not like Boston is screwed if this thing falls by the wayside.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #830 on: August 30, 2017, 04:25:31 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

kyrie isn't going there. That wasn't on his list

« Reply #831 on: August 30, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

kyrie isn't going there. That wasn't on his list

Why do people keep talking about Kyrie's wishes like they matter in all this? He's not a FA.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #832 on: August 30, 2017, 04:43:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I agree if this gets it done, do it.  We do not need another end of the bench guy who is a tweener that Ainge usually drafts.

« Reply #833 on: August 30, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Kyrie has to agree to the trade or there's a trade kicker $$$$

« Reply #834 on: August 30, 2017, 04:55:23 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 989
Cavs forum is good for a laugh as well. Wow, I though old time Yankees fans were arrogant. One post said if Bucks simply add Thon to equation, that is as good if not better then the Brooklyn pick in 18!  ;D They also said, a first with that as well.

For all GM's dealing with Cavs in the future..this is what to expect in an agreed upon trade:

1. Bucks and Cavs...Trade agreed on...Brogdon, Middleton for Kyrie....after physicals...Brogdon, Middleton, Thon and first for Kyrie
2. Suns and Cavs: Agreed upon trade....Bender, Booker for Kyrie...After physical, Bender, Booker, Jackson, and 2 future first picks unprotected
3. Celtics and Cavs..Agreed upon trade, Brooklyn unprotected 18, IT and Crowder for Kyrie...after physicals and stalling like you have never seen before....IT, Brooklyn 18, Crowder and Tatum plus Celtics 19 unprotected

« Reply #835 on: August 30, 2017, 05:03:39 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I agree if this gets it done, do it.  We do not need another end of the bench guy who is a tweener that Ainge usually drafts.
I'm being facetious. Top 55 protected second rounder that is lost if not conveyed at first opportunity is the typical "asset" NBA teams sends in transactions where they are required to provide consideration by rule, but really are practically agreeing to take on a contract for nothing.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #836 on: August 30, 2017, 05:05:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Why do people keep talking about Kyrie's wishes like they matter in all this? He's not a FA.
He has some recourse, albeit limited. He may refuse to waive his trade kicker and mess up cap math, or he may refuse to resign. But yes,  his wishes largely don't matter as long as the trading team is happy to have a disgruntled Kyrie Irving that's preparing to bolt in 2 years.

« Reply #837 on: August 30, 2017, 05:13:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
So I just realized something...

Cleveland Browns released CB Joe Haden and he signed with the RIVAL Steelers.

Cleveland Cavaliers traded Kyrie Irving to the RIVAL Celtics LOL.

What a week for the city.  :P

But yeah I'm aware that for Irving the Cavs did get splendid value too, but still..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #838 on: August 30, 2017, 05:22:01 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
He has some recourse, albeit limited. He may refuse to waive his trade kicker and mess up cap math, or he may refuse to resign. But yes,  his wishes largely don't matter as long as the trading team is happy to have a disgruntled Kyrie Irving that's preparing to bolt in 2 years.

I follow, but you get my point. Not like Paul Goerge wanted to go to OKC, but teams take chances....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #839 on: August 30, 2017, 05:29:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I follow, but you get my point. Not like Paul Goerge wanted to go to OKC, but teams take chances....
I agree, but the perceived risk affects the price a team is willing to pay.