Author Topic: WojBomb - Cavs evaluating options after IT physical...  (Read 129685 times)

Re: WojBomb - Cavs evaluating options after IT physical...
« Reply #855 on: August 30, 2017, 07:26:30 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
Its a bit odd that Woj tweeted that the Cavs are no longer seeking compensation but he didn't clearly state that they are going ahead with the deal. He's a professional writer, he knows the difference in that wording

Woj didn't actually tweet it. He said it on ESPN/Sportscenter apparently. It was Adam Kaufman's tweet that reported it, along with Clevis Murray.

http://twitter.com/ClevisMurray/status/903032996617482241

« Reply #856 on: August 30, 2017, 07:27:41 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
Its a bit odd that Woj tweeted that the Cavs are no longer seeking compensation but he didn't clearly state that they are going ahead with the deal. He's a professional writer, he knows the difference in that wording
the cavs haven't officially decided what to do. Until they've submitted the approval and waive the physical as well, then woj can report the deal is done. His reputation is on the line.

The Cavs need to poop or get off the pot!

« Reply #857 on: August 30, 2017, 07:28:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
So, at this point it seems likely that the 10 am deadline is going to come and go without anything happening, meaning that we've all been stressing about this the last week or so for nothing  ::)

Not for nothing. It gave everyone a peek into an alternate universe where it didn't go through and made us appreciate it for the good deal that it is.

Is the deal actually dead now?

No, it's seemingly a done deal as it was originally reported.

Thanks.  Well, that's good.  Even though I'll still be cranky for a while, I started to worry about the aftermath if it were to fall through.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #858 on: August 30, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Woj didn't actually tweet it. He said it on ESPN/Sportscenter apparently. It was Adam Kaufman's tweet that reported it, along with Clevis Murray.

that page doesn't exist
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #859 on: August 30, 2017, 07:33:23 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
the cavs haven't officially decided what to do. Until they've submitted the approval and waive the physical as well, then woj can report the deal is done. His reputation is on the line.

I'm not sure that this is right. From my understanding, the deal is already done and finalized, but they have the opportunity to void it until tomorrow at 10 am. So if nothing else happens, then the original deal just happens as agreed upon, which I'm expecting will happen.

« Reply #860 on: August 30, 2017, 07:35:43 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I'm not sure that this is right. From my understanding, the deal is already done and finalized, but they have the opportunity to void it until tomorrow at 10 am. So if nothing else happens, then the original deal just happens as agreed upon, which I'm expecting will happen.

Woj now saying he didn't report that. It was an espn error.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #861 on: August 30, 2017, 07:35:56 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

that page doesn't exist

Hmm, looks like he deleted it for some reason. The Celticsblog Twitter is freaking out now, too, so I have no idea what's freaking going on at this point.

Here's the original Adam Kaufman tweet straight from Woj on ESPN: http://twitter.com/celticsblog/status/903028844298469381

« Reply #862 on: August 30, 2017, 07:36:09 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
It was a mistake on espn graphic on screen... Woj said just minutes ago. It's far from over

« Reply #863 on: August 30, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Woj now saying he didn't report that. It was an espn error.

::)

This is ridiculous.

« Reply #864 on: August 30, 2017, 07:37:57 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
Complete dumpster fire.

« Reply #865 on: August 30, 2017, 07:40:47 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
WOW

Guys I got this ugly feeling this is going to end like the Paul George situation where they ship him out west or just some place other than the Celtics that isn't in a win now mode. They have buyers remorse and are getting cold feet, no other explanation. The results are what they are nothing to see beyond that there's no other reason itd take this long.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #866 on: August 30, 2017, 07:41:41 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
WOW

Guys I got this ugly feeling this is going to end like the Paul George situation where they ship him out west or just some place other than the Celtics that isn't in a win now mode. They have buyers remorse and are getting cold feet, no other explanation. The results are what they are nothing to see beyond that there's no other reason itd take this long.

Yeah. The longer this drags on, the more likely a veto seems.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #867 on: August 30, 2017, 07:41:58 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
This offseason, man. So much drama, so much fun.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #868 on: August 30, 2017, 07:47:45 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
UPDATE: Spoke w/@wojespn re ESPN graphic. Said, "I haven't reported that. It was a mistake on air with the graphic."

« Reply #869 on: August 30, 2017, 07:50:33 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
UPDATE: Spoke w/@wojespn re ESPN graphic. Said, "I haven't reported that. It was a mistake on air with the graphic."

Did they print a correction, or is this just more ESPN BS?