Author Topic: Best 2016 draft options for Celtics (in the top 10)  (Read 23283 times)

Re: Best 2016 draft options for Celtics (in the top 10)
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2016, 03:31:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I feel Ellenson would be a good replacement for sully (if not brough back)

What a prospect. Captain material.
He measured at 261 in 2012 at the USA basketball camp. He is now at 228. He's the anti Sullinger.

Forget about the weight. It's the style. Both not afraid of contact, good level of skills and IQ

Ellenson will add strength and slim down after going through a pro conditioning program

And yes another thing Ellenson and Sullinger have in common is that they are not quick nor explosive. But Ellenson has a 7'2 wingspan and 9'2 reach

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2016, 03:47:56 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
The Dunn and Smart situations are not the same. When Smart was drafted, you had Rondo and AB on the team at the 1 and 2 and Pressey as a backup. Although I didnt like the move at the time, mainly because I was upset we didnt get other players, I think that move made more sense.

Today you have IT and AB starting. Smart off the bench with Young, Rozier, and Hunter also on the bench. Smart plays off the ball alot so who sits and who gets traded if you get Dunn.

Honestly, I dont want to be in a position where he is the next best prospect on the list. Give me 2, 3, or 4 and I avoid all of that.

Im not sure where Dunn would fit into this mix. Would probably have to trade a few players to make sense  taking him.

If the Celts end up using that top pick instead of trading it, I've got a feeling whoever they take will be playing about 10-15 minutes a game for at least the first half of next season.
and if they are not good enough to earn more, that's they way it should be.
You guys are probably right. The rotation is pretty set. But guys like Simmons, Ingram and Dunn will probably end up getting 20-25 minutes by the end of year.

If dunn is a top 6 prospect, heartstop, you should pick him like with the Marcus smart situation you can't skip this prospect

Jury out on randle and look at vonleh

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2016, 03:51:57 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Interesting article about playing Brown as a PF and Ellenson as a C...

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/240831/Jaylen-Brown-Henry-Ellenson-And-The-Benefits-Perils-Of-Sliding-Positions

Could help them standout even more.

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2016, 04:10:17 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
Im not going to speak for Ellenson but I can provide some context for Brown and you can make up your own opinion.

Yes Brown can play small ball 4. He is very similar in size to Crowder. Ok now to the context. So to start the Cal season, Brown was asked to play the 4. They had Wallace starting at point and 2 juniors Matthews and Bird starting next to Brown and Rabb. There were instant problems. Brown and Rabb were young. Brown is a power player. Rabb wasnt used in the high post but the low post exclusively. With that being said that wasnt the problem. The problem was that Wallace is not a good shooter and Bird and Matthews the shooters werent hitting shots so the court became very small.

Phase 2. Brown slides to the 3 and they start Rooks at the 5 who has no range. So you have Rabb and Rooks on the block. Brown who still was really inconsistent with his jumper at the 3. Matthews at the 2 and Wallace at the 1. Oh and btw, Wallace isnt a natural lead guard so he drove to the lane constantly.

Phase 3. Wallace gets hurt and Brown plays sudo PG and a shooter and distributor Singer starts at PG. At this point Matthews and Bird start to hit shots. Singer passes the ball and Brown plays more of a 3 until they need more space and take one of the bigs off the floor and have Rabb solo on the block.

Phase 4. Wallace comes back but Brown is alot better at this point but when they need baskets they take a big off the floor and Brown plays the 4.

So yes he does play the 4 against non tradition 4s. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions and why he plays there and what could be done differently. If you want me to share how I see this playing out while watching the games just ask. Dont want to cloud peoples opinion 1st thats all.

Interesting article about playing Brown as a PF and Ellenson as a C...

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/240831/Jaylen-Brown-Henry-Ellenson-And-The-Benefits-Perils-Of-Sliding-Positions

Could help them standout even more.

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Another question. If we draft Dunn or even Hield what happens??

Is Rozier or Hunter traded?

If Danny drafts dunn with a high pick, dunn be surprised (;

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2016, 04:19:10 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
Heild at what spot? I dont see them drafting either guy but thats just me.

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2016, 04:19:13 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Id rather have Dunn than roizer; Roizer isnt even that good.

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2016, 04:24:12 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

He measured at 261 in 2012 at the USA basketball camp. He is now at 228. He's the anti Sullinger.

Forget about the weight. It's the style. Both not afraid of contact, good level of skills and IQ

Ellenson will add strength and slim down after going through a pro conditioning program

And yes another thing Ellenson and Sullinger have in common is that they are not quick nor explosive. But Ellenson has a 7'2 wingspan and 9'2 reach
He seems slower than Sully.

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2016, 04:25:40 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Yep. Dunn could also challenge AB for minutes.

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2016, 04:57:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He seems slower than Sully.

If anything Ellenson is faster. You know Ellenson can sprint down the court and beat other bigs (bc they don't have the motor)

Sully can defend at the NBA level now. Lateral quickness has improved

Wait until Ellenson goes through the same training. 

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2016, 05:24:12 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
I dont think we are even talking about Rozier. How many min will Smart, Dunn, IT, and AB be able to play?

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2016, 06:26:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If the Celts end up using that top pick instead of trading it, I've got a feeling whoever they take will be playing about 10-15 minutes a game for at least the first half of next season.

This is an age-old debate, but there's a line somewhere between "good enough to earn time" and "needs time in order to develop." 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2016, 06:34:57 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
If there is one guy im really looking forward to us picking with the DAL pick its Timothe Luwawu. Guy has elite length, great hands, shoots it well, but most of all is super active and plays like he wants it. I would love to see this guy in a small ball lineup with Jae, and Marcus. He exudes the same type of effort.

Offensively similar to Young but seems to go to both hands with ease and have that aggressive finish at the rim mentality. I know its just a highlight video but it is the first in my research that has really gotten me excited. Its 11 minutes but do yourself a favor if youre looking for some excitement.

http://www.draftexpress.com/video/12077/
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2016, 06:48:41 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Anybody who is NOT a guard.

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2016, 07:09:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

This is an age-old debate, but there's a line somewhere between "good enough to earn time" and "needs time in order to develop."
There's also a difference to "needs time in order to develop" and "already good enough to earn time and needs time in order to develop". If a player isn't good enough to earn the time, they shouldn't be developed on the floor, even if 97% of Celticsblog wants to see the young player play to decide for themselves if that player is actually developing.