Author Topic: CSNNE: C's still interested in Embiid, could trade up to get him  (Read 10099 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
BOSTON ? The stress fracture in Joel Embiid's right foot will certainly scare some teams away from selecting him near the top of the draft.

But the Boston Celtics aren't one of them.

In fact, a source tells CSNNE.com that the Celtics will give some serious thought to potentially moving up in the draft to select him.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/embiid-has-stress-fracture-foot-celtics-still-interested

thoughts?

Re: C's still interested in Embiid, could trade up to get him
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 08:26:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm curious if the Celts have even seen his medical records yet.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 08:27:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
First, Boston needs to have the best hospitals. And best doctors. And best medications, trainers, etc.

Then C's can definitely trade up to get him!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: CSNNE: C's still interested in Embiid, could trade up to get him
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If Embiid slides to the 3rd or 4th spot the Celtics have to make a move and get him. The guy has literally been compared to Duncan and Hakeem by some. Now I realize that that there are injury concerns with the back and foot, but if this guy works out he could easily become the league MVP one day and have his number hanging from the roster.

Something like #6 + Sullinger or #6 and next years first to move up to #4 is something I would do in a heartbeat for Embiid.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:32:34 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Glad to see the Celtics have interest. Now it's all that's left is to figure out how to get him.....

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 08:33:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
First, Boston needs to have the best hospitals. And best doctors. And best medications, trainers, etc.

Well, I don't know about our medical staff, but Boston has some of the top hospitals, doctors, and medical research in the country.  It was a selling point when we got Ray Allen, because of his son.  Isn't the Cleveland Clinic on that same level, though?

Either way - DO IT!

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 08:35:21 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
ugh, i dunno man.
Greg

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Well, I don't know about our medical staff, but Boston has some of the top hospitals, doctors, and medical research in the country.  It was a selling point when we got Ray Allen, because of his son.  Isn't the Cleveland Clinic on that same level, though?

Either way - DO IT!
I doubt he goes to Cleveland he's expected to go outside of the top 3
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 08:43:12 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 892
I would actually try to do just the opposite if he falls to us.  Offer Embiid to Sac for their pick and maybe McLemore, if they would do it.  We just can't afford to swing and miss on this pick and Embiid now has 2 strikes against him.  He still might be a home run or a strike out.  Drafting is risky enough as it is without picking a player with 2 potentially serious injuries.

I know it is tough to not get excited about that much potential but I think passing is the sober thing to do.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Cavs - Parker
Bucks - Wiggins
76ers - exum
Magic - Smart
Jazz - Vonleh
Celtics - ?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 08:44:47 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I would actually try to do just the opposite if he falls to us.  Offer Embiid to Sac for their pick and maybe McLemore, if they would do it.  We just can't afford to swing and miss on this pick and Embiid now has 2 strikes against him.  He still might be a home run or a strike out.  Drafting is risky enough as it is without picking a player with 2 potentially serious injuries.

I know it is tough to not get excited about that much potential but I think passing is the sober thing to do.

If he goes to the Lakers and becomes the next great big man..... I would be irate!

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 08:46:58 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell

SAC is one of the only teams in the league that wouldnt really want Embiid...They have Cousins who is already top 5 at the position.

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 08:47:52 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Done

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 08:48:47 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
A big man who's been hurt twice already makes me a little nervous. If he's available then I suppose we should take a chance. I'd rather have Love.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 08:56:38 PM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap