Author Topic: CSNNE: C's still interested in Embiid, could trade up to get him  (Read 10097 times)

Re: CSNNE: C's still interested in Embiid, could trade up to get him
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 10:48:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
I say do whatever it takes to get him if we can.  This guy's a potential Hall of Famer if he stays healthy, you don't pass on that for the likes of Aaron Gordon.  If we have to trade up to 4 to leapfrog the Jazz I'm OK with that. We could essentially do what the 76ers did with Noel; draft him and sit him a year, suck next season, and pick up another stud next year.

Not sure what we could offer ORL to do this. They don't need more draft picks this year.

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 10:53:27 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I say do whatever it takes to get him if we can.  This guy's a potential Hall of Famer if he stays healthy, you don't pass on that for the likes of Aaron Gordon.  If we have to trade up to 4 to leapfrog the Jazz I'm OK with that. We could essentially do what the 76ers did with Noel; draft him and sit him a year, suck next season, and pick up another stud next year.

Not sure what we could offer ORL to do this. They don't need more draft picks this year.

If we take Embiid, we are in full out rebuild mode anyways and will likely tank next year

so.....

Bos sends: Rondo , #6, clips pick
Orl sends: Oladipo, #4 , Nelson

or send Rondo to a 3rd team and assets from them to Orlando

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

The Celtics could have the Magic trade down and get Smart or Vonleh and another player by offering the 6th and the 17th pick for the 4th pick.

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 10:54:43 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this has disaster written all over it. the injury embiid has is the same yao ming had. it won't heal playing basketball. this dudes career is over before it started.

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 11:23:30 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
Yeah, I see Embiid as possibly succumbing to injuries like Yao, or possibly being the next Sam Bowie.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 11:23:59 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Carmelo opts out.  Embiid slips to 6th
Celtics select Embiid.  Then trade Green, Bass, Bogans, the #17 pick and a Brooklyn pick for Carmelo in a sign and trade.  Next, trade PTE and Clippers pick for Asik.

Knicks do the trade because they only add Green's $9.2m salary to next year's team leaving them with plenty of cap space.  Plus, they pick up draft picks (they don't currently have a first this year.)

Melo agrees to sign and trade because he has already shown an interest in playing with Rondo, the team will be competitive, and he will make more money in a sign and trade than signing as a free agent elsewhere.

Asik holds down the center position in year one as Embiid gets healthy.  By year two, Embiid turns the celtics into a contender.

Rondo, Pressey
Bradley, Bayless
Melo, Wallace
Sully, Olynyk
Asik, Embiid

Unrealistic, I know.  Just thought I'd throw it out there for fun.

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 11:26:08 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
danny is one gm that would have the ability to do this and not get fired if he busts .  it's a pretty risky decision.  glad i don't have to make it.   it would be pretty exciting on draft night if the did go up and get him though.

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 11:27:07 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Celtics select Embiid.  Then trade Green, Bass, Bogans, the #17 pick and a Brooklyn pick for Carmelo in a sign and trade.  Next, trade PTE and Clippers pick for Asik.

Knicks do the trade because they only add Green's $9.2m salary to next year's team leaving them with plenty of cap space.  Plus, they pick up draft picks (they don't currently have a first this year.)

Melo agrees to sign and trade because he has already shown an interest in playing with Rondo, the team will be competitive, and he will make more money in a sign and trade than signing as a free agent elsewhere.

Asik holds down the center position in year one as Embiid gets healthy.  By year two, Embiid turns the celtics into a contender.

Rondo, Pressey
Bradley, Bayless
Melo, Wallace
Sully, Olynyk
Asik, Embiid

there hasn't been legitimate report saying melo has any interest in boston has there? 

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 11:28:36 PM »

• Satch Sanders
If Embiid slides to the 3rd or 4th spot the Celtics have to make a move and get him. The guy has literally been compared to Duncan and Hakeem by some. Now I realize that that there are injury concerns with the back and foot, but if this guy works out he could easily become the league MVP one day and have his number hanging from the roster.

Something like #6 + Sullinger or #6 and next years first to move up to #4 is something I would do in a heartbeat for Embiid.

Remember Harold Miner? "Baby Jordan"? Hmmmm.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 11:32:29 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Rondo, Pressey
Bradley, Bayless
Melo, Wallace
Sully, Olynyk
Asik, Embiid

there hasn't been legitimate report saying melo has any interest in boston has there?

No, but Rondo hypothetically talked about getting Melo on ESPN today.  The Celtics do have the expiring contracts and future picks that could intrigue the Knicks.

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 11:32:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If Embiid slides to the 3rd or 4th spot the Celtics have to make a move and get him. The guy has literally been compared to Duncan and Hakeem by some. Now I realize that that there are injury concerns with the back and foot, but if this guy works out he could easily become the league MVP one day and have his number hanging from the roster.

Something like #6 + Sullinger or #6 and next years first to move up to #4 is something I would do in a heartbeat for Embiid.

that's bull , that name came from a dunk contest. No one seriously thought he had that kind of potential. Embiid if he stays healthy in the complete package. Defensive anchor/shot blocker, great passer out of the double team, great foot work and touch, and a good looking 15-18 foot J.

If we can't get love, I blow it up (trade rondo for mclemore and #8) , trade up and take Embiid at #4

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 11:48:23 PM »

• Satch Sanders

that's bull , that name came from a dunk contest. No one seriously thought he had that kind of potential. Embiid if he stays healthy in the complete package. Defensive anchor/shot blocker, great passer out of the double team, great foot work and touch, and a good looking 15-18 foot J.

If we can't get love, I blow it up (trade rondo for mclemore and #8) , trade up and take Embiid at #4

Ok, bad example, but it's nonetheless true that prospects are often overhyped and overrated. Embiid could be the next Olajuwon, but he could also be the next Sam Bowie. I mean, if we get him and he pans out, great, I'll be as happy as any other Cs fan, but if the Cs are going to give up a lot to make a move, I'd rather it be for a proven (but still young) commodity such as Love than for an unproven and already-injured guy such as Embiid.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 11:50:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I think you should keep Rondo if Embiid is acquired. Rondo and Embiid will make a deadly combo and would help Embiid's development.

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 12:25:54 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If we could move the 6th, 17th, and something not a nets or celtics future first, Id be giddy.

Id move the picks regardless of if he was the 3rd 4th or 5 th pick.

And, it doesn't take Love off the table (although our odds of acquiring him plummet).

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 12:26:26 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I think you should keep Rondo if Embiid is acquired. Rondo and Embiid will make a deadly combo and would help Embiid's development.
Sure, but if we draft embiid, he might miss a season... which means Rondo could be gone (via 2015 free agency) before even getting an opportunity to play a game with Joel.  But if he sticks around, Rondo will be 30 years old during Embiid's 2015-16 rookie season.   By the time Embiid reaches his potential (3-5 years after his rookie season), Rondo (33-35) will probably be on his way down.