Author Topic: CSNNE: C's still interested in Embiid, could trade up to get him  (Read 10098 times)

Re: CSNNE: C's still interested in Embiid, could trade up to get him
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 01:22:19 AM »

Offline AusCeltic

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Realistically, we are one of the teams that can afford to gamble on Embiid we have young talent and a plethora of picks in the next 5 years and two first round picks this year.

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2014, 01:54:40 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Git em Danny. Go for the youth movement.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2014, 03:29:09 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Cavs - Parker
Bucks - Wiggins
76ers - exum
Magic - Smart
Jazz - Vonleh
Celtics - ?

i have a feeling the 76ers could take Julius Randle . Which would push smart out of the top 6 and maybe we trade for him.

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2014, 03:32:36 AM »

• Ray Allen
Anyone think Utah may take a chance on him?

I don't think so...Favors is going to play center for them and they are looking for a floor spacing 4. I am afraid of orlando taking him though. They do have a young center already though.

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2014, 03:35:15 AM »

• Ray Allen
Maybe this report is just a smokescreen so that the magic draft embiid and smart falls to us. Then we trade Rondo for #7 and draft randle. And wait till next year where there are a many centers,embiids ceiling is higher though.

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2014, 04:16:23 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
most every mock i seen has him going to Orlando
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014, 06:20:47 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
NBA.com has Embiid falling to us  at 6. They also have Randle going in the top 3. http://mw.nba.com/news/wap/mock_40_parker_rises_embiid_20140619.html
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 07:40:27 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
A big man with foot problems, sounds like a recipe for disaster IMO.

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 07:49:16 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I say do whatever it takes to get him if we can.  This guy's a potential Hall of Famer if he stays healthy, you don't pass on that for the likes of Aaron Gordon.  If we have to trade up to 4 to leapfrog the Jazz I'm OK with that. We could essentially do what the 76ers did with Noel; draft him and sit him a year, suck next season, and pick up another stud next year.

Not sure what we could offer ORL to do this. They don't need more draft picks this year.

The Celtics could have the Magic trade down and get Smart or Vonleh and another player by offering the 6th and the 17th pick for the 4th pick.

This is what I was thinking too.  I think it's conceivable.  Prior to the injury it wouldn't have happened because healthy Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, and Exum were a pretty clear top 4 and trading out of the top 4 required a great deal of additional value.   Now you can make the argument that the dropoff occurs after 3.  Since Orlando already has a good young big man in Vucevic and a gaping hole in the backcourt, I wouldn't be shocked if they'd rather avoid the risk and just take Smart.  He's a good prospect in his own right and would be a great fit next to Oladipo (what a killer defensive backcourt that would be).  Since Smart seems to be trying to avoid Utah and he's not really a good fit for their roster, it seems like a safe bet that he'll be there at 6 if they trade down.

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 07:54:21 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Yeah, I see Embiid as possibly succumbing to injuries like Yao, or possibly being the next Sam Bowie.
if we can get him with a 2nd rnd pick then fine take a chance, otherwise he's not even worth a risk that high right now.

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2014, 08:45:45 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Maybe this report is just a smokescreen so that the magic draft embiid and smart falls to us. Then we trade Rondo for #7 and draft randle. And wait till next year where there are a many centers,embiids ceiling is higher though.
Rondo for Randle?  that's horrible.  just in terms of value for Rondo but why would we pick up yet another PF when we still have 3 under contract for next year AND the one you're picking is horrid on defense?

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 09:53:43 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
This is kind of a no-brainer.

IF Embiid falls to 6 and IF Boston's doctors have checked him out and IF they think his long-term health prospects are good, take him.

It's just hard to imagine all those IFs coming true.

Mike

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2014, 10:34:36 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
A big man with foot problems, sounds like a recipe for disaster IMO.

Which one Randle or Embiid?

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
got to assume Embiid is out for his rookie season to heal and recover given this foot surgery, right? similar injuries has kept Lopez, Yao etc out for full seasons. I don't believe this heals quickly. Could be a really significant issue for him. Gives you pause about Embiid overall. I think he's the perfect building block if he can maintain good health . .. and I think he will but the thought of a Sam Bowie, Greg Oden injury prone big man are awful to contemplate.  ???

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Yeah, I see Embiid as possibly succumbing to injuries like Yao, or possibly being the next Sam Bowie.
if we can get him with a 2nd rnd pick then fine take a chance, otherwise he's not even worth a risk that high right now.
on what planet is embiid falling to the 2nd round? Certinaly not earth.

you can chop embiids head and hands off and he'd still be a 1st round pick by some team.