Author Topic: I'm becoming a huge fan of Aaron Gordon  (Read 47567 times)

I'm becoming a huge fan of Aaron Gordon
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bVoT3m9OlE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULhvGbsRk-Q

I've been following Arizona team play this year. Kid is going to be an excellent nba player.  Putting aside that he does have some excellent skills, its his motor, iq and leaping ability that makes him a nice player.

Excellent passer and a team 1st player. Watching the clip above, definitely his leap is higher than most nba players today

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:50:46 PM by triboy16f »

Re: I'm becoming a huge fan of Aaron Gordon
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:56:22 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Under sized smaller version of Blake Griffin. I'm good

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:16:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

your telling me, seriously the above clips don't impress you?
Blake Griffin comparisons are ok, except that, Blake Griffin has half the IQ.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 04:58:50 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

your telling me, seriously the above clips don't impress you?
Blake Griffin comparisons are ok, except that, Blake Griffin has half the IQ.

What position will he play in the NBA? Too small for the PF and no perimeter skills to play the wing. High bust potential with this guy.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 05:36:51 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Derrick Williams 2.0

No thanks, I'll pass.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 05:50:45 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I would definitely take a flyer on him somewhere around picks 8-12. He's slightly shorter and much lighter than Griffin but his standing reach is actually 8'10.5'', better than Griffin's 8'9''. I'm not convinced he can convert to SF but he could be an undersized PF on the right kind of team.

Add in the fact that he hustles and is supposed to be a great teammate and I expect him to maximize whatever potential he has. Certainly worth a pick in that range, maybe even 6-7 overall. Who knows, maybe he will even grow an inch or two (he doesn't turn 19 until September, young for his class).

BTW, his FT% (46.8%!!!) definitely suggests he will not be a SF.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 05:51:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he is over rated.   I remember another dunker from NCAA, Harald Miner.  Watched several of his games and I would love to have him on a playground team.  I think he lacks skills and I call BS or folks being blinded by the highlights.  If you watch his games there are plenty of mediocare plays to watch peppered with 1-2 jaw dropping dunks.   Never judge a player solely on a high light film.  A highlight film is the best of a player and makes them look great.   While, I concede this kid has some jaw dropping dunks don't be fooled.

For all those who say he has them prove it here is his stat line.   He averages 12 PPG hardly dominant.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/66320/aaron-gordon

For all this dunking he shoots .50% from the floor and .33% from 3 point land.   Hardly, a skilled shooter folks and did I mention he shoots 46% from the line.  That alone is a good indicator he lacks skills.  For all that jumping and athletic ability he only averages 8 RPG.   KF averaged over 12 folks.   He can't pass 1.4 APG to 1.5 TO's.   1 BPG and .6 SPG.   I would expect more with a kid that can jump that high that has NO SKILLS...

I think Blake had more size and was more explosive.   This kid is the shortest 6-9 I have ever seen.  I bet he is around 6-7 without shoes.   I have heard him compared to Farried but Kenneth was a way better rebounder.    I think if he is there in the mid teens you have to take a look at him.   Maybe even late lottery 10-12 range but this kid is not a top ten ten talent in this draft.  If some other team wants him let them have him before that.   

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 08:09:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Derrick Williams 2.0

No thanks, I'll pass.

kid is nothing like williams in terms of motor and consistentcy. jumps higher also.

if we draft past embiid, wiggins, smart etc. gordon sb considered next

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 08:38:25 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
don't need another undersized PF.  we have one already that's looking pretty good because he's got the bulk to bang and can shoot from outside to boot. 

If Gordon is really the BPA when we pick, I'd rather trade it to move down a little bit and pick up some extra assets.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 08:42:17 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Derrick Williams 2.0

No thanks, I'll pass.

kid is nothing like williams in terms of motor and consistentcy. jumps higher also.

I haven't seen Gordon play a lot to have an opinion.  If the C's fall out of the top 6 or 7, I would be ok with Grant or Hood.  Just say no to WCS, he is Fab Melo.....

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 08:48:19 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Derrick Williams 2.0

No thanks, I'll pass.

I haven't seen Gordon play a lot to have an opinion.  If the C's fall out of the top 6 or 7, I would be ok with Grant or Hood.  Just say no to WCS, he is Fab Melo.....

i agree. all physical tools and lack of fundementals. no more big players that cant rebound though they sb able to

gordon is 6'9. thats the same height as 65 percent of nba pfs

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 08:49:23 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
Nice Highlights...until you realize he's playing against Rhode Island and Long Beach State.  ::)

I'm good on Gordon...he's a tweener...i hate tweeners.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 09:05:21 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Derrick Williams 2.0

No thanks, I'll pass.

Gordon has Williams/Bennett type 'bust' written all over him.  He lacks any real perimeter game or ball handling ability, and is a pretty average at best shooter.  Gordon basically dominates at the college level because of his sheer athleticism and hustle.  I have serious doubts his game will translate well to the NBA.

Gordon is a tweener, and there's really no way around it.  Not enough size to be a true PF, and not enough ball skills to be a SF.  He fits the definition perfectly.  I wouldn't touch him anywhere in the lottery.  He might be worth the gamble at 15-20, however.

I'd much prefer Noah Vonleh over either Gordon or Julius Randle (another player I'm not too enamored with).

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 09:07:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
just a question. what do ppl think of faried? still undersized pf that was correct being drafted in the late teens?

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 09:14:49 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Gordon actually has pretty good handle of the ball, not as a driver but as a passer on the break or in offensive half court sets.

His main issue is his ability to shoot.