Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1023403 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread (Southeast and Southwest pressers today)
« Reply #4080 on: September 05, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Deleted

« Reply #4081 on: September 05, 2013, 09:28:24 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The press conferences actually changed my rankings more than I was expecting.  Great job, everyone.

Western Conference

1. Dallas - best combination of offense, defense, and "fit" in the CBNBA
2. Portland - I worry this team is built for the regular season, but I think they cruise until the playoffs
3. Oklahoma City - Great top tier talent, but the wings are underwhelming
4. Minnesota - Lebron and a great defense, but the offense could be spotty
5. Houston - I'm unsure about the firepower up front; Harden is the only guy who consistently excels on offense
6. Golden State - Why, Kane, why?  I wish the trade had never happened, as I think it made some questionable fits worse
7. San Antonio - I love Love and Iggy, and I'm willing to be optimistic on Granger.  I hate McGee, though.
8. Denver - I can't keep two-time champ Anderson Varejao out of the CB Playoffs.  I like this team's depth, and it's got a lot of underrated players
9. LA Lakers - A few too many one-dimensional players
10. LA Clippers - I don't care for the bench, or the fit of Griffin and Gay
11. Memphis - Chris Paul, but the rest of the talent doesn't inspire me.
12. Phoenix - Outside of Duncan and West, I just don't like this team a lot.  They missed their presser, which is reason enough for me not to overthink this

Eastern Conference

1. New York - The best sixth man in the NBA carries NY through the regular season
2. Atlanta - A wildly talented starting lineup
3. Miami - Lots of talented, experienced players led by Tony Parker
4. Cleveland - Probably my favorites to make it out of the East in the playoffs, but KG's minutes limit them in the regular season
5. Indiana - Durant is the best player in the East, and that should be enough to carry Indy to a mid-tier playoff seed
6. Orlando - A really well-constructed team built around Kobe.  If Amare isn't dominant, though, I'm not sure this team will fare much better than the "real" Lakers lately
7. Boston - A little too inexperienced for my liking, but this team's core will be really good in two or three years
8. Chicago -  Why, ronaldo, why?  I wish the trade had never happened, as I think it took your team out of contention
9. Washington - Similar to Boston: lots of talent, but I'm not sure they're ready. 
10. Milwaukee - I'm not a believer in Okafor / Anderson as a playoff front line.  I like their 1 through 3, though.
11. Brooklyn - Another questionable big man situation.  Westbrook and Kawhi are a very nice foundation
12. Detroit - A team clearly focused on the future, but it should win some games in the short term, as well.  Lots of talent.
13.  Philadelphia - See Detroit, except they didn't do a press conference
So here are my playoff teams, by conference.  This is not the order I will rank them in (I'm not divulging that), and obviously I can't rank my own team.

EAST

Atlanta
Boston
Cleveland
Indiana
Miami
Milwaukee
New York
Orlando
(Chicago)

WEST

Dallas
Golden State
Houston
Los Angeles Lakers
Minnesota
Oklahoma City
Portland
San Antonio

Respectfully disagree.

Denver could beat Portland in a 7 game series despite all the scoring they have. Its not like all of those chuckers would average the same amount of points as they have in real life nowtat most of them will have less .

And while the Spurs have a bit better starters than Denver, the Nuggets bench is far more better than San Antonio's.

With much respect to Riah and TWW, bit their teams would lose against Denver. You see we can contain their top tier talent outside of Melo and Love, but their second unit cant contain oyrs, and we have an elite talent to go with two very good, underrated players with that as well.

Denver does admit, that the other six are superior to them. Some ate miles ahead, a couple are close and all could be beatable by our squad but will take very intricate steategies to do so.

The bottom two, Denver believes they are better.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #4082 on: September 05, 2013, 09:35:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Denver could beat Portland in a 7 game series despite all the scoring they have.

Does that matter?  Teams don't play 7-game series in the regular season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4083 on: September 05, 2013, 09:36:54 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Steve Nash in the 5th round might be the biggest value pick of the draft.  It still blows my mind that he fell that far.

Based on what name recognition or what he did last year? I mean he is now 39 will be 40 by the start of playoffs next year, had a DRtg of 111 and only played 50 games this season.

« Reply #4084 on: September 05, 2013, 09:37:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Steve Nash in the 5th round might be the biggest value pick of the draft.  It still blows my mind that he fell that far.

Based on what name recognition or what he did last year? I mean he is now 39 will be 40 by the start of playoffs next year, had a DRtg of 111 and only played 50 games this season.

Nash is a much, much better player than the stats showed last year.  Call it the Kobe Factor.  Putting a pass-first PG next to Kobe is a horrific idea.

In terms of running an offense, Nash is still a top-three PG.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4085 on: September 05, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Nash is a much, much better player than the stats showed last year.  Call it the Kobe Factor.  Putting a pass-first PG next to Kobe is a horrific idea.

Who are you snubbing then? I mean the first 2 are Paul and Parker so Nash is ahead of everyone else?

« Reply #4086 on: September 05, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Who are you snubbing then? I mean the first 2 are Paul and Parker so Nash is ahead of everyone else?

Parker isn't necessarily the best PG at running an offense or passing.  He's a tremendous all-around PG who has a mastery of San Antonio's system.

I'd rank the best passing PGs are Rondo, CP3, and Nash.

« Reply #4087 on: September 05, 2013, 09:48:06 PM »

fitzhickey

Parker isn't necessarily the best PG at running an offense or passing.  He's a tremendous all-around PG who has a mastery of San Antonio's system.

I didn't trade for Nash without thinking about it
Nash is a superior playmaker and will make my team vastly better with Gordon, Smith, Deng and Jefferson.
Nash is a top 3 passer in the league

« Reply #4088 on: September 05, 2013, 09:50:10 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Parker could also get 11 assists a game if he would play 37 minutes and scored 13 points instead of 20.

If we are going by best passing PGs then take out Rondo and put in Calderon.

« Reply #4089 on: September 05, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

8. Chicago -  Why, ronaldo, why?  I wish the trade had never happened, as I think it took your team out of contention

To be honest I'm happy with my team and went with the players I wanted to have hence why  I took Chandler over KG though we all know that having KG on your team is a big bonus on CB Draft. I am kind of hurt though how you put a team whose starting SF is recovering from an ACL tear and won't play for awhile, whose PF had an average season, whose starting PG is injury prone, and who has a much worse bench than mine ahead of me.

« Reply #4090 on: September 05, 2013, 09:54:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Parker could also get 11 assists a game if he would play 37 minutes and scored 13 points instead of 22.

Calderon, who has never averaged as many as 9.0 assists in a season?

No, I prefer Rondo.

« Reply #4091 on: September 05, 2013, 09:56:05 PM »

fitzhickey

Parker could also get 11 assists a game if he would play 37 minutes and scored 13 points instead of 22.

No, I prefer Rondo.
I think Rondo is the better passer, but Calderon never had weapons to pass to like Rondo did.

« Reply #4092 on: September 05, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

To be honest I'm happy with my team and went with the players I wanted to have hence why  I took Chandler over KG though we all know that having KG on your team is a big bonus on CB Draft. I am kind of hurt though how you put a team whose starting SF is recovering from an ACL tear and won't play for awhile, whose PF had an average season, whose starting PG is injury prone, and who has a much worse bench than mine ahead of me.

Kyrie Irving is better than anybody on your team, though, and I'm giving all but the most chronically injured players an optimistic bill of health.

« Reply #4093 on: September 05, 2013, 09:58:20 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

No, I prefer Rondo.

If we are going straight off of passing Calderon is clearly the better option, I mean the guy had an assist to turnover ratio of 4.11

« Reply #4094 on: September 05, 2013, 10:00:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
If we are going straight off of passing Calderon is clearly the better option, I mean the guy had an assist to turnover ratio of 4.11

So?  The guy makes the safe pass.  I'm not sure that that necessarily makes him a superior passer to Rondo, though.  Rondo gets his teammates looks that Calderon would never try for.