Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1023321 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread (Central and Northwest pressers today)
« Reply #4065 on: September 05, 2013, 09:11:03 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Which divisions are today?
Southeast and Southwest

« Reply #4066 on: September 05, 2013, 09:19:11 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
So this injury Danny Granger has -- patellar tendinosis, a degenerative knee condition -- this is the same injury Vince Carter had back when he with the Raptors? And Vince recovered 20-5-5 type seasons.

Are there any other players who have suffered badly or recovered from this injury in recent times?

I'd mentioned this before, but Wade has been successfully managing his "Jumper's Knee" since 2007. Though the injury isn't without its risks.

I hand't realized that Pau Gasol was suffering from patellar tendinosis last season.

"It's more than tendinitis, it's tendonosis," Gasol said. "There's a degeneration of the tissue, and it's something that I've dealt with all year. So I'll have to do something to regenerate the tissue so I don't have to play with this pain."

Granger missed more time than Gasol but he's also younger and ahead of Pau in his rehab. According to his coach, Frank Vogel:

"He played some one-on-one stuff. He’s still limited, but he’s on schedule…We’re very encouraged with where he’s at."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:24:30 AM by The Walker Wiggle »

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread (Southeast and Southwest pressers today)
« Reply #4067 on: September 05, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The Orlando Kobes are ready to SLAMJAM all over the Fake NBA.

« Reply #4068 on: September 05, 2013, 10:19:54 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
So this injury Danny Granger has -- patellar tendinosis, a degenerative knee condition -- this is the same injury Vince Carter had back when he with the Raptors? And Vince recovered 20-5-5 type seasons.

Are there any other players who have suffered badly or recovered from this injury in recent times?

I'd mentioned this before, but Wade has been successfully managing his "Jumper's Knee" since 2007. Though the injury isn't without its risks.

Wade has had several MVP caliber since then. That counts for a lot. So Vince + Wade have had stellar seasons after dealing with this injury.

Why are so many people down on Granger's comeback from this injury then?

It is not just on C'blog. There seems to be a lack of optimism about Granger all over.

You would think that a team that pushed Miami to a Game 7 without an 18-20ppg top ten SF in the league ... you would think there would be much more excitement about Granger's return and Indiana's post-season chances next season.

Is there anything different about his injury? Severity of it or anything like that? I tried looking for stuff on the internet but I couldn't find anything.

« Reply #4069 on: September 05, 2013, 01:38:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
STATEMENT

Voting begins midnight EST tonight through 8:00PM EST Saturday. here are the guidelines:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=67476.msg1547011;topicseen#new

« Reply #4070 on: September 05, 2013, 01:45:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25583
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Steve Nash in the 5th round might be the biggest value pick of the draft.  It still blows my mind that he fell that far. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4071 on: September 05, 2013, 01:58:17 PM »

fitzhickey

Sorry if I can't get to all my q's
I have a busy day at school
When I get back I will get onto them

« Reply #4072 on: September 05, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
The current Southeast Division thread:

« Reply #4073 on: September 05, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So here are my playoff teams, by conference.  This is not the order I will rank them in (I'm not divulging that), and obviously I can't rank my own team.

EAST

Atlanta
Boston
Cleveland
Indiana
Miami
Milwaukee
New York
Orlando
(Chicago)

WEST

Dallas
Golden State
Houston
Los Angeles Lakers
Minnesota
Oklahoma City
Portland
San Antonio

« Reply #4074 on: September 05, 2013, 05:46:16 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Steve Nash in the 5th round might be the biggest value pick of the draft.  It still blows my mind that he fell that far.

High five, Roy!

« Reply #4075 on: September 05, 2013, 06:02:55 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
well, after spending a lot of time breaking things down, comparing rosters, reading threads, etc.....i have my vote prepared for tomorrow.  i gotta say, the west was REALLY hard to put in an order. 

« Reply #4076 on: September 05, 2013, 06:04:52 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Nick, whenever the press conference deadline passes, can you let us know which teams are ineligible for the playoffs?  It'll make a lot of tough decisions easier.

« Reply #4077 on: September 05, 2013, 08:01:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Nick, whenever the press conference deadline passes, can you let us know which teams are ineligible for the playoffs?  It'll make a lot of tough decisions easier.
Just vote regularly. I will take care of the rest.

« Reply #4078 on: September 05, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »

fitzhickey

So here are my playoff teams, by conference.  This is not the order I will rank them in (I'm not divulging that), and obviously I can't rank my own team.

EAST

Atlanta
Boston
Cleveland
Indiana
Miami
Milwaukee
New York
Orlando
(Chicago)

WEST

Dallas
Golden State
Houston
Los Angeles Lakers
Minnesota
Oklahoma City
Portland
San Antonio
when you do your rankings dallas ain't moving  ;D

« Reply #4079 on: September 05, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25583
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The press conferences actually changed my rankings more than I was expecting.  Great job, everyone.

Western Conference

1. Dallas - best combination of offense, defense, and "fit" in the CBNBA
2. Portland - I worry this team is built for the regular season, but I think they cruise until the playoffs
3. Oklahoma City - Great top tier talent, but the wings are underwhelming
4. Minnesota - Lebron and a great defense, but the offense could be spotty
5. Houston - I'm unsure about the firepower up front; Harden is the only guy who consistently excels on offense
6. Golden State - Why, Kane, why?  I wish the trade had never happened, as I think it made some questionable fits worse
7. San Antonio - I love Love and Iggy, and I'm willing to be optimistic on Granger.  I hate McGee, though.
8. Denver - I can't keep two-time champ Anderson Varejao out of the CB Playoffs.  I like this team's depth, and it's got a lot of underrated players
9. LA Lakers - A few too many one-dimensional players
10. LA Clippers - I don't care for the bench, or the fit of Griffin and Gay
11. Memphis - Chris Paul, but the rest of the talent doesn't inspire me.
12. Phoenix - Outside of Duncan and West, I just don't like this team a lot.  They missed their presser, which is reason enough for me not to overthink this

Eastern Conference

1. New York - The best sixth man in the NBA carries NY through the regular season
2. Atlanta - A wildly talented starting lineup
3. Miami - Lots of talented, experienced players led by Tony Parker
4. Cleveland - Probably my favorites to make it out of the East in the playoffs, but KG's minutes limit them in the regular season
5. Indiana - Durant is the best player in the East, and that should be enough to carry Indy to a mid-tier playoff seed
6. Orlando - A really well-constructed team built around Kobe.  If Amare isn't dominant, though, I'm not sure this team will fare much better than the "real" Lakers lately
7. Boston - A little too inexperienced for my liking, but this team's core will be really good in two or three years
8. Chicago -  Why, ronaldo, why?  I wish the trade had never happened, as I think it took your team out of contention
9. Washington - Similar to Boston: lots of talent, but I'm not sure they're ready. 
10. Milwaukee - I'm not a believer in Okafor / Anderson as a playoff front line.  I like their 1 through 3, though.
11. Brooklyn - Another questionable big man situation.  Westbrook and Kawhi are a very nice foundation
12. Detroit - A team clearly focused on the future, but it should win some games in the short term, as well.  Lots of talent.
13.  Philadelphia - See Detroit, except they didn't do a press conference

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes