Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1023368 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread (Southeast and Southwest pressers today)
« Reply #4125 on: September 06, 2013, 12:09:30 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tentative East Rankings:

IND
MIA
WASH
CHI
NY
CLE
MIL
ATL
ORL
BKN
DET
PHILA

I don't feel great about these. I ranked every team 1-10, 10'being the best, 1 being the worst. LOTS of 6's and 7's.

Tell me why your team will consistently win during the regular season, these are very open to change.

Surprised that you've got Atlanta ranked so low, when they feature two of the three best players from your Finals losing team from last season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4126 on: September 06, 2013, 12:19:44 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yeah, I don't like Nene at the 5, I don't like Lin at the 1, especially next to Pierce and Wade.

Then, there's Wade. I don't really know what to make of him. A lot of the injury concerns regarding him turned out to be pretty prescient.

But I could easily see them doing real damage in the playoffs too. Like I said, I don't love my rankings and after the top 3 teams, there isn't a ton of separation for me. What if Wade puts in a 75 game season at 32 Mpg? Totally changes things. I had them at a 6 for regular season wins. There were a lot of 6's.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4127 on: September 06, 2013, 12:21:33 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, I don't like Nene at the 5, I don't like Lin at the 1, especially next to Pierce and Wade.

Then, there's Wade. I don't really know what to make of him. A lot of the injury concerns regarding him turned out to be pretty prescient.

But I could easily see them doing real damage in the playoffs too. Like I said, I don't love my rankings and after the top 3 teams, there isn't a ton of separation for me. What if Wade puts in a 75 game season at 32 Mpg? Totally changes things. I had them at a 6 for regular season wins. There were a lot of 6's.

Doesn't Champ have Jameer starting at point?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4128 on: September 06, 2013, 12:23:24 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
IP, I get that you're concerned about KG's minutes limitation, but even with him playing 28 minutes and missing back-to-backs, I think we have a team that can do better than a sixth seed.

Remember, our starting lineup without KG is still Lawson-Allen-Butler-Landry-Horford. That is still very good.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:29:39 AM by AB_Celtic »

« Reply #4129 on: September 06, 2013, 12:30:05 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Jesus this thread moved fast while I was gone. Anyway I'm about to finalize my rankings tonight so they'll be good to go tomorrow morning before I leave for vacation. Just a heads up that I'll be very inconsistent checking in next week for playoffs and when I do, it'll be on my phone so I won't be posting much either way. My co-GM will be taking over everything.

« Reply #4130 on: September 06, 2013, 01:00:01 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
IP, I get that you're concerned about KG's minutes limitation, but even with him playing 28 minutes and missing back-to-backs, I think we have a team that can do better than a sixth seed. Remember, our starting lineup without KG is still Lawson-Allen-Butler-Landry-Horford. That is still very good.

Is it? I like Ty Lawson well enough, and I like Al Horford about as much, both guys who are 2nd tier all-stars during good years. Tony Allen, I like him as well with the obvious reservations, but Caron Butler, Carl Landry, those guys are below level starters for me, only really acceptable if the other 4 starters are more than competent.

I think when KG is healthy it fits together wonderfully, though. Maybe better than a 6th seed. I'll think on it.

« Reply #4131 on: September 06, 2013, 01:03:35 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Doesn't Champ have Jameer starting at point?

I had missed that. But is that really better? I will say though that Lin/Nelson manning every minute at the 1 is something I hadn't considered a strength, but maybe should have. 48 minutes of C+ is better than 35 minutes of B and 13 minutes of D-.

« Reply #4132 on: September 06, 2013, 01:10:28 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
IP, I get that you're concerned about KG's minutes limitation, but even with him playing 28 minutes and missing back-to-backs, I think we have a team that can do better than a sixth seed. Remember, our starting lineup without KG is still Lawson-Allen-Butler-Landry-Horford. That is still very good.

Is it? I like Ty Lawson well enough, and I like Al Horford about as much, both guys who are 2nd tier all-stars during good years. Tony Allen, I like him as well with the obvious reservations, but Caron Butler, Carl Landry, those guys are below level starters for me, only really acceptable if the other 4 starters are more than competent.

I think when KG is healthy it fits together wonderfully, though. Maybe better than a 6th seed. I'll think on it.

I'll let you think on it, but I think you're underrating Butler and Landry. Especially Landry.

And it's not like we're without KG for the whole season.

« Reply #4133 on: September 06, 2013, 01:13:36 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I've scrambled the order of the teams but here are my playoff teams for each conference. It was particularly tough distinguishing the last few playoff spots so here is your chance to make one last bid for your team if it's not in the playoff race.

Grizzlies
Nuggets
Thunder
Lakers
Rockets
Mavericks
Timberwolves
Spurs

Wizards
Celtics
Knicks
Pacers
Heat
Magic
Bucks
Cavaliers

« Reply #4134 on: September 06, 2013, 01:14:56 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I'll let you think on it, but I think you're underrating Butler and Landry. Especially Landry.

Landry: Great backup, okay starter. Is that really that far off?

« Reply #4135 on: September 06, 2013, 01:22:06 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen

Landry: Great backup, okay starter. Is that really that far off?

No. I'm alright with that. But you said Landry was below-average before. Which I had to disagree with.

I think Landry will shoot around .500, rebound, and play solid defense as a starter. Really that's all you can ask for from a starting PF, especially if he's playing alongside two near-all-stars (your words  ;))

And as for Caron, he shot .388 from three last year. That has at least some value.

In closing, I don't expect a first seed with KG's restrictions, but I think a 3rd or 4th is very reasonable.

« Reply #4136 on: September 06, 2013, 01:31:23 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I see Landry as a below average starter, as in if you took the best PF's in the league, and put all as starters, Landry isn't in the top 25. But when you consider all the 4's who aren't even in the top 30 but are still starting, he rated as 'okay'.

Butler I see much the same. Id put him on par with a healthy Delfino or Chase Budinger. That sounds bad, but the 3 is a pretty shallow position.

« Reply #4137 on: September 06, 2013, 01:33:14 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
In closing, I don't expect a first seed with KG's restrictions, but I think a 3rd or 4th is very reasonable.

Well I have you as a 4th seed, and the difference between you and 3rd is VERY minuscule.  ;)

« Reply #4138 on: September 06, 2013, 01:44:42 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
I guess we'll just agree to disagree then, IP. You seem to see Landry as a liability as a starter. I think he'll help the team win games as a starter.

One last thing: this year the IRL Cavs have 18 B2Bs, unless I miscounted. I think it's very reasonable for us to win roughly 10 of those games that KG doesn't play (assuming he rests against the weaker opponent - which he will).

That leaves 64 other games. Let's say we play around .650 ball the nights that KG plays. Pretty reasonable, I think. That gives us around 42 wins in those 64 games, making our overall record 52-30. Call it 50-32 if you wanna. That's a third or fourth seed right there, especially in the weaker of the two conferences.

« Reply #4139 on: September 06, 2013, 01:50:51 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
That leaves 64 other games. Let's say we play around .650 ball the nights that KG plays. Pretty reasonable, I think. That gives us around 42 wins in those 64 games, making our overall record 52-30. Call it 50-32 if you wanna. That's a third or fourth seed right there, especially in the weaker of the two conferences.

I think that's pretty rational. I think .600 is closer to my expectations there with KG, but okay.

You'll get a bump.