Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1023341 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread (Southeast and Southwest pressers today)
« Reply #4155 on: September 06, 2013, 08:45:21 AM »

fitzhickey

East

1. New York Knicks
 2. Indiana Pacers
 3. Miami Heat
 4. Boston Celtics
 5. Cleveland Cavaliers
 6. Washington Wizards
 7. Chicago Bulls
 8. Atlanta Hawks
 9. Orlando Magic
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Brooklyn Nets
12. Philadelphia 76ers
13. Detroit Pistons

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
 3. Minnesota Timberwolves
 4. Phoenix Suns
 5. Golden State Warriors
 6. San Antonio Spurs
 7. Memphis Grizzlies
 8. Houston Rockets
 9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers
How the heck is Phoenix or Golden State meant to beat Dallas?!  ???

« Reply #4156 on: September 06, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
East

1. New York Knicks
 2. Indiana Pacers
 3. Miami Heat
 4. Boston Celtics
 5. Cleveland Cavaliers
 6. Washington Wizards
 7. Chicago Bulls
 8. Atlanta Hawks
 9. Orlando Magic
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Brooklyn Nets
12. Philadelphia 76ers
13. Detroit Pistons

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
 4. Phoenix Suns
 5. Golden State Warriors
 6. San Antonio Spurs
 7. Memphis Grizzlies
 8. Houston Rockets
 9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers

Phoenix - I wrote about why I like the Phoenix Suns in the Pacific division thread

Golden State

I think the Rajon Rondo, LaMarcus Aldridge and Roy Hibbert is quite strong. I love the backup guards - Lou Williams and Reggie Jackson. I think they have a lot of solid players in their supporting cast and bench (B.Rush, D.DeRozan, J.Thompson, Draymond Green). Not a fan of Bargnani. Ezeli and Udoh as third stringers.

Dallas

I find it tough to put much faith in Steve Nash at 39/40 years old. Eric Gordon has had a lot of injury problems. I saw them as two big question marks and with unreliable play from the backcourt ... I just wasn't confident in a Big Al/Deng/J.Smith trio leading this team to the playoffs in an incredibly tough Western Conference.

« Reply #4157 on: September 06, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
East

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
 4. Phoenix Suns
 5. Golden State Warriors
 6. San Antonio Spurs
 7. Memphis Grizzlies
 8. Houston Rockets
 9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers

West

1   Portland
2   Golden State
3   OKC
4   Houston
5   Memphis
6   Mavericks
7   Minnesota
8   Denver
9   Spurs
10   Lakers
11   Clippers
12   Phoenix

Wow Lakers finishing a bit apart.

Not to get into a debate as we've already done that in the presser threads, but how in the world does LA finish 2 spots out of the playoffs?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #4158 on: September 06, 2013, 08:59:55 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Wow. The west must be hard to decide on. Some GM's rank certain teams in top 3 and others wouldn't even put those same teams in the playoffs.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4159 on: September 06, 2013, 09:01:58 AM »

fitzhickey

East

1. New York Knicks
 2. Indiana Pacers
 3. Miami Heat
 4. Boston Celtics
 5. Cleveland Cavaliers
 6. Washington Wizards
 7. Chicago Bulls
 8. Atlanta Hawks
 9. Orlando Magic
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Brooklyn Nets
12. Philadelphia 76ers
13. Detroit Pistons

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
 4. Phoenix Suns
 5. Golden State Warriors
 6. San Antonio Spurs
 7. Memphis Grizzlies
 8. Houston Rockets
 9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers

Phoenix - I wrote about why I like the Phoenix Suns in the Pacific division thread

Golden State

I think the Rajon Rondo, LaMarcus Aldridge and Roy Hibbert is quite strong. I love the backup guards - Lou Williams and Reggie Jackson. I think they have a lot of solid players in their supporting cast and bench (B.Rush, D.DeRozan, J.Thompson, Draymond Green). Not a fan of Bargnani. Ezeli and Udoh as third stringers.

Dallas

I find it tough to put much faith in Steve Nash at 39/40 years old. Eric Gordon has had a lot of injury problems. I saw them as two big question marks and with unreliable play from the backcourt ... I just wasn't confident in a Big Al/Deng/J.Smith trio leading this team to the playoffs in an incredibly tough Western Conference.
I can see why you like those teams, but I disagree with you vehemently.
And how are the lakers no.1?

« Reply #4160 on: September 06, 2013, 09:05:55 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
East

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
 4. Phoenix Suns
 5. Golden State Warriors
 6. San Antonio Spurs
 7. Memphis Grizzlies
 8. Houston Rockets
 9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers

West

1   Portland
2   Golden State
3   OKC
4   Houston
5   Memphis
6   Mavericks
7   Minnesota
8   Denver
9   Spurs
10   Lakers
11   Clippers
12   Phoenix

Not to get into a debate as we've already done that in the presser threads, but how in the world does LA finish 2 spots out of the playoffs?

Well to be fair its not that I think LA deserves to be out of the playoffs but think other teams really deserve to be in.  I think the entire Northwest Division will finish in the playoffs.  I also really like Golden State, Houston and Memphis.  Then it left me with San Antonio vs the lakers for the 9th/10th spots.  I like the spurs better becuase I think Love is on the upswing and Dirk is on the downswing.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #4161 on: September 06, 2013, 09:09:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
East

1. New York Knicks
 2. Indiana Pacers
 3. Miami Heat
 4. Boston Celtics
 5. Cleveland Cavaliers
 6. Washington Wizards
 7. Chicago Bulls
 8. Atlanta Hawks
 9. Orlando Magic
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Brooklyn Nets
12. Philadelphia 76ers
13. Detroit Pistons

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
 4. Phoenix Suns
 5. Golden State Warriors
 6. San Antonio Spurs
 7. Memphis Grizzlies
 8. Houston Rockets
 9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers

Golden State

Dallas

The LA Lakers and Oklahoma City Thunder are my two favourite teams in the West. I think they have some separation from the pack.

I am a big fan of Dirk Nowitzki + Marc Gasol combination. Dirk Nowitzki is still a matchup nightmare at PF. Marc Gasol is a very good interior defender, a top notch high post center and has a low post game to boot. I think those two create lots of advantages for LA.

I really like the wing defense with Quincy Pondexter, Wes Matthews and Mbah a Moute. Oh then there is Delfino as their fourth choice wing defender. They can all shoot the ball well from distance except for Mbah a Moute. Delfino and Wes Matthews bring some secondary ball-handling and passing.

I am big Jose Calderon fan. He does a terrific job running an offense. On a team like this with a scorer like Dirk Nowitzki and such a skilled center as Marc Gasol, I think Calderon is an excellent fit. A high level facilitator who rarely turns the ball, who consistently gets his team good to very good quality shot attempts and makes sure the ball goes where it is meant to go. Combine with the shooters and floor spacing on the wing with two of the most skilled big men in the league and I think LA have one of the most potent offenses in the league.

I really like the Lakers depth too. One of the best benches in the West. A very good backup PG in JJ Barea who can come in and make plays off the pick and roll. The backup wings I noted above. Ed Davis as backup PF. Then J.O'Neal as backup C who has good year for Phoenix in a similar role last season. Plus Kelly Olynyk and Jeremy Lamb as offense orientated third stringers.

« Reply #4162 on: September 06, 2013, 09:10:04 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wow. The west must be hard to decide on. Some GM's rank certain teams in top 3 and others wouldn't even put those same teams in the playoffs.

Going through the West now. Its pretty tough.

« Reply #4163 on: September 06, 2013, 09:12:40 AM »

fitzhickey

East

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
 4. Phoenix Suns
 5. Golden State Warriors
 6. San Antonio Spurs
 7. Memphis Grizzlies
 8. Houston Rockets
 9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers

West

1   Portland
2   Golden State
3   OKC
4   Houston
5   Memphis
6   Mavericks
7   Minnesota
8   Denver
9   Spurs
10   Lakers
11   Clippers
12   Phoenix

Well to be fair its not that I think LA deserves to be out of the playoffs but think other teams really deserve to be in.  I think the entire Northwest Division will finish in the playoffs.  I also really like Golden State, Houston and Memphis.  Then it left me with San Antonio vs the lakers for the 9th/10th spots.  I like the spurs better becuase I think Love is on the upswing and Dirk is on the downswing.
Dallas, Portland, OKC, Houston and Minnesota are my lock for top 5
Outside of that I found it hard to rate them

« Reply #4164 on: September 06, 2013, 09:14:31 AM »

fitzhickey

East

1. New York Knicks
 2. Indiana Pacers
 3. Miami Heat
 4. Boston Celtics
 5. Cleveland Cavaliers
 6. Washington Wizards
 7. Chicago Bulls
 8. Atlanta Hawks
 9. Orlando Magic
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Brooklyn Nets
12. Philadelphia 76ers
13. Detroit Pistons

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
 4. Phoenix Suns
 5. Golden State Warriors
 6. San Antonio Spurs
 7. Memphis Grizzlies
 8. Houston Rockets
 9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers

Golden State

Dallas

The LA Lakers and Oklahoma City Thunder are my two favourite teams in the West. I think they have some separation from the pack.

I am a big fan of Dirk Nowitzki + Marc Gasol combination. Dirk Nowitzki is still a matchup nightmare at PF. Marc Gasol is a very good interior defender, a top notch high post center and has a low post game to boot. I think those two create lots of advantages for LA.

I really like the wing defense with Quincy Pondexter, Wes Matthews and Mbah a Moute. Oh then there is Delfino as their fourth choice wing defender. They can all shoot the ball well from distance except for Mbah a Moute. Delfino and Wes Matthews bring some secondary ball-handling and passing.

I am big Jose Calderon fan. He does a terrific job running an offense. On a team like this with a scorer like Dirk Nowitzki and such a skilled center as Marc Gasol, I think Calderon is an excellent fit. A high level facilitator who rarely turns the ball, who consistently gets his am good to very good quality shot attempts and makes sure the ball goes where it is meant to go. Combine with the shooters and floor spacing on the wing with two of the most skilled big men in the league and I think LA have one of the most potent offenses in the league.

I really like the Lakers depth too. One of the best benches in the West. A very good backup PG in JJ Barea who can come in and make plays off the pick and roll. The backup wings I noted above. Ed Davis as backup PF. Then J.O'Neal as backup C who has good year for Phoenix in a similar role last season. Plus Kelly Olynyk and Jeremy Lamb as offense orientated third stringers.
It might just be me, but other than that front court combo I don't think LAL are seriously good

EDIT: also disagree with where Atlanta is ranked
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:21:59 AM by fitzhickey »

« Reply #4165 on: September 06, 2013, 09:21:22 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
East

1. New York Knicks
 2. Indiana Pacers
 3. Miami Heat
 4. Boston Celtics
 5. Cleveland Cavaliers
 6. Washington Wizards
 7. Chicago Bulls
 8. Atlanta Hawks
 9. Orlando Magic
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Brooklyn Nets
12. Philadelphia 76ers
13. Detroit Pistons

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
 4. Phoenix Suns
 5. Golden State Warriors
 6. San Antonio Spurs
 7. Memphis Grizzlies
 8. Houston Rockets
 9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers

Golden State

Dallas

I am big Jose Calderon fan. He does a terrific job running an offense. On a team like this with a scorer like Dirk Nowitzki and such a skilled center as Marc Gasol, I think Calderon is an excellent fit. A high level facilitator who rarely turns the ball, who consistently gets his team good to very good quality shot attempts and makes sure the ball goes where it is meant to go. Combine with the shooters and floor spacing on the wing with two of the most skilled big men in the league and I think LA have one of the most potent offenses in the league.

It might just be me, but other than that front court combo I don't think LAL are seriously good

Without that staring big man combo, they wouldn't be. I agree.

They are role players who were brought in to play specific roles to support their leading players and they can play those specific roles well.

Without a Dirk Nowitzki and without a Marc Gasol to play off of, they would get their butts whooped ... but they do have a Marc Gasol and they do have a Dirk Nowitzki and they can play the supporting roles well that are being asked of them.

« Reply #4166 on: September 06, 2013, 09:22:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Well, at least I'm not the only one here who disagrees with one ranking or another-ha!

« Reply #4167 on: September 06, 2013, 09:23:49 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Not a ton of faith in Kobe's triumphant return I see.  We of all fan bases should know better.   :P

« Reply #4168 on: September 06, 2013, 09:25:21 AM »

fitzhickey

East

1. New York Knicks
 2. Indiana Pacers
 3. Miami Heat
 4. Boston Celtics
 5. Cleveland Cavaliers
 6. Washington Wizards
 7. Chicago Bulls
 8. Atlanta Hawks
 9. Orlando Magic
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Brooklyn Nets
12. Philadelphia 76ers
13. Detroit Pistons

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
 4. Phoenix Suns
 5. Golden State Warriors
 6. San Antonio Spurs
 7. Memphis Grizzlies
 8. Houston Rockets
 9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Dallas Mavericks
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers

Golden State

Dallas

Without that staring big man combo, they wouldn't be. I agree.

They are role players who were brought in to play specific roles to support their leading players and they can play those specific roles well.

Without a Dirk Nowitzki and without a Marc Gasol to play off of, they would get their butts whooped ... but they do have a Marc Gasol and they do have a Dirk Nowitzki and they can play the supporting roles well that are being asked of them.
Say, and as the miles pile up, Nowitzki goes down with an injury, how would they do in your opinion?
Completely hypothetical btw

« Reply #4169 on: September 06, 2013, 09:26:55 AM »

fitzhickey

Not a ton of faith in Kobe's triumphant return I see.  We of all fan bases should know better.   :P
I ranked Orlando highly
Good roster around Kobe