Author Topic: Now that we know KG makes 11 mil next year, how is the rest of the cap spent?  (Read 14760 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
25 mil total to start

- KG 3 years , lets say 33 mil to make it an even 11 mil a year

then lets say you...

- Resign JG for 2 years,14 mil  = 7 mil per

You only have 7 mil left under the cap . That means you are going to try and sign a 7 mil player(Mayo? but he probably wants more or a Kaman) and fill out the rest of the roster with vet min contracts (Will Ray come back as a vet min guy ? I doubt it )

or

you are going to use the bird right to resign everyone else and not sign Mayo or any other free agent center thats 5 mil or more

Meaning you could bring back

-Ray on a 1 year deal
-Pietrues on 1 year deal
-Kristic on a 1 year deal

and I guess either try to s+t Bass for Mayo or just let him walk. I don't see any way the c's will give Bass a multi year deal.

I am thinking they are going to just resign KG and Green, then split the final 7 or 8 mil between Ray and Camby. That's the only realistic way I see our team improving over last year .

I don't see how you sign a Mayo or any other young big man . That final 7 or 8 mil will have to be split amongst older vets that are looking to get a ring

PG: Rondo       / Bradley         / Dooling
SG: Bradley     / Ray             / Moore
PF: PP          / Green           / Pietrus(vet min)
PF: Sullinger   / JJJ             / Green (or Wilcox if vet min)
 C: KG          / Camby           / Melo

Anyone have any better ideas of how we can get a shooter and a defensive paint presence splitting 7 or 8 mil? I think this is our best chance....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:48:47 AM by rondohondo »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
PG: Rondo / Moore
SG: Bradley / Lou Williams ($7M)
SF: Pierce / Green ($7M) / Pietrus (vet min)
PF: KG ($11 M) / JJJ / Sullinger
C: Camby/Kaman/??? (MLE) / Stiemsma / Melo

Is this a possible scenario? I'd love to see that team.  

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Do we have some kind of Bird rights to Krstic?  If so, bring back Curly.  I've been saying I want to re-sign Wilcox, but apparently we gave up the Bird rights to him by renouncing him after he got diagnosed with the heart ailment.  I don't think we can afford Chris, but I'm not sure what the story is on Nenad.  
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 151
I don't know what's really feasible but I'd do the birds rights thing. Resign Ray and Green using their rights (if we still have Green's, I forget), then S&T Bass for a capable backup point guard. Pietrus for the minumum, Camby/Kaman for the MLE.

1 - Rondo/Bass S&T/Moore
2 - Bradley/Ray/Pietrus
3 - Pierce/Green/Joseph
4 - Garnett/Sullinger/Johnson
5 - Camby or Kaman/Stiemsma/Melo

Possible? No idea, but that's my ideal scenario.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
We have zero cap space unless we plan on letting Green walk because he'll be signed to a number that doesn't make renouncing guys worth it.

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
25 mil total to start

then lets say you...

You only have 7 mil left under the cap . That means you are going to try and sign a 7 mil player(Mayo? but he probably wants more or a Kaman) and fill out the rest of the roster with vet min contracts (Will Ray come back as a vet min guy ? I doubt it )

or

you are going to use the bird right to resign everyone else and not sign Mayo or any other free agent center thats 5 mil or more

-Ray on a 1 year deal
-Pietrues on 1 year deal

and I guess either try to s+t Bass for Mayo or just let him walk. I don't see any way the c's will give Bass a multi year deal.

I am thinking they are going to just resign KG and Green, then split the final 7 or 8 mil between Ray and Camby. That's the only realistic way I see our team improving over last year .

I don't see how you sign a Mayo or any other young big man . That final 7 or 8 mil will have to be split amongst older vets that are looking to get a ring

Anyone have any better ideas of how we can get a shooter and a defensive paint presence splitting 7 or 8 mil? I think this is our best chance....
your post skips kris joseph who will be on our roster

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
25 mil total to start

then lets say you...

or

-Ray on a 1 year deal
-Pietrues on 1 year deal

C: KG          / Camby           / Melo       / Steamer

your post skips kris joseph who will be on our roster

sry only 15 roster spots and I am taking Pietrus and Green over and unproven late 2nd round pick.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
We've extended Greg the QO, means he'll likely be back as well though not for certain.

Offline wasi

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
25 mil total to start

then lets say you...

- Resign JG for 2 years,14 mil  = 7 mil per

or

-Ray on a 1 year deal
-Pietrues on 1 year deal

PG: Rondo       / Bradley         / Dooling
SG: Bradley     / Ray             / Moore
PF: PP          / Green           / Pietrus(vet min)
PF: Sullinger   / JJJ             / Green (or Wilcox if vet min)
 C: KG          / Camby           / Melo

I think you forgot to add in the rookie contracts of Melo and Sullinger. I'm not positive on the amounts but it's somewhere around 3 Million each I believe. There is Room for Green but after that it get's tough.

We do not have Jeff Greens rights switch(Incorrect, we do have his rights). Do we have Bass' rights? If not then if we're over the cap we cant s&t so it depends on what else we do.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:53:14 AM by wasi »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 757
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Rondo. Dooling, Moore
Bradley, Ray OR Mayo, FA
PP, Green. Peaches
Sully, JJJ, FA
KG, Steamer, Melo

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
25 mil total to start

then lets say you...

or

-Ray on a 1 year deal
-Pietrues on 1 year deal

I think you forgot to add in the rookie contracts of Melo and Sullinger. I'm not positive on the amounts but it's somewhere around 3 Million each I believe. There is Room for Green but after that it get's tough.

We do not have Jeff Greens rights switch. Bass is unrestricted right? If so then if we're over the cap we cant s&t so it depends on what else we do.

I believe the 25 mil in cap space takes the rookies into account  Not positive, but others on here have said that . It's going to be really tight trying to add more talent besides KG,Green and probably Ray .

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
rondohondo, I think you're right that the "free agents" the Cs will be targeting are primarily their own:

Ray Allen
Jeff Green
Brandon Bass
Nenad Krstic

Edit: and for the record, I'm fine with that.

Celtics fan for life.

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 757
  • MASTER OF PANIC
rondohondo, I think you're right that the "free agents" the Cs will be targeting are primarily their own:

Ray Allen
Jeff Green
Brandon Bass
Nenad Krstic

agree...not much better on the market...only non celtic I expect them to go after is Mayo..but I think in the end, the resign all of those guys...I would love to have a front court of

KG, Sully, Melo, Steamer, JJ, Bass and Krstic

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Get green and Ray back then pursue a sign and trade for Bass. Maybe go grab Kaman with the MLE

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Inculding players already under contract and expected contracts for our 2 rookies (PP/KG/RR/AB/FM/JS/JJ/EM), we could sign the following players to these approx. amounts.

Green-7m
Allen-5m
Stiemsma-2.5m

This would leave us at approx. 60m.  We'd still have to do something with Bass, which might take another 5m-6m, but we could very easily have about 10m under the tax apron.  This would give us use of the Full MLE and bi-annual exception.