Author Topic: Now that we know KG makes 11 mil next year, how is the rest of the cap spent?  (Read 14756 times)

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Why would anyone sign a player with a serious heart condition for for 4 years/30m ??

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Why would anyone sign a player with a serious heart condition for for 4 years/30m ??
Because what's the worst case scenario ?... You don't have to pay retired players.

He'll either be able to play (as well if not better than he did) or he will not be able to play.  I don't think there is a middle ground with a heart condition.  It's not like "he's out tonight with nagging heart pain".  It's not a knee we are talking about.

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
i think we renounce everyone else except green & well probably have just enough to sign oj mayo

& just sign guys like peaches on vet min contracts ,

i hope we can get camby & kaman in green also i'll like our chances

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i think we renounce everyone else except green & well probably have just enough to sign oj mayo

WE aren't going to renounce anyone.  THat's a silly idea.

I'd rather have Ray Allen + Brandon Bass + Jeff Green + Nenad Kristic + MLE over trying to find two guys to take a combined 13 million dollars.

SOrry... would you rather have 48 year old Marcus Camby and Tony Allen's backup?

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I have doubts about Jeff Green, and I think Bass may not continue in the team, if Ray remains, complicated Green and Bass remain in Boston, no money for all.

My opinion and what I would do:

- Resign to Ray: 5/6 millions (2 years?)
- Trade Bradley: Bradley is a good player But I is not OJ Mayo.
- Try to resign Bass: Bass has done an extraordinary season.
- Sign & trade Jeff Green: I would not resign.
- Not resign Hollins, Dooling, Sean Williams and Pietrus? (Not know).

My favorite players in free agency for the C's:

- Chris Kaman( would be ideal for us), Jason Terry, OJ Mayo, Louis, Jamison, Camby(veteran player, I would sign him), Jamal Crawford ...

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:48:49 PM by anthony83 »

Twitter: @Theanswer83

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33

WE aren't going to renounce anyone.  THat's a silly idea.

I'd rather have Ray Allen + Brandon Bass + Jeff Green + Nenad Kristic + MLE over trying to find two guys to take a combined 13 million dollars.

SOrry... would you rather have 48 year old Marcus Camby and Tony Allen's backup?

remember we's have the 2.5 exception still & vet min cintracts after our cap so it isnt all bad BUT oj can be a piece for the future & a scoring & unlike ray allen he can GET TO THE BUCKET plus he's basically a heat member already i dnt see him coming back jeff green & oj mayo would be great aquistions this offseason

& also i'd rather bring just kg & jeff back to play jeff at the 4 to give KG some space to operate in the middle

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
This is my dream scenario

Resign Green and Dooling for about 9 mln
Sign&trade bass for kaman
Mle on Mayo

Is this possible?

Rondo-dooling-moore
Mayo-Bradley-Moore
Pierce-green-joseph
Kg-sullinger-jjjj
Kaman-steamer-melo

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Inculding players already under contract and expected contracts for our 2 rookies (PP/KG/RR/AB/FM/JS/JJ/EM), we could sign the following players to these approx. amounts.

Green-7m
Allen-5m
Stiemsma-2.5m

This would leave us at approx. 60m.  We'd still have to do something with Bass, which might take another 5m-6m, but we could very easily have about 10m under the tax apron.  This would give us use of the Full MLE and bi-annual exception.

I thought we offered Stiems 1mil... did he not take it?

We extended a "qualifying offer" to Stiemsma.  This simply means he's now a restricted FA, giving us an opportunity to match other teams offers.  He can't actually sign a contract until Jull 11, unless he accepts the QO from us.  Other teams will still have an opportunity to sign him on July 11 to an offer sheet up to the amount of the full MLE.

I highly doubt another team would offer that much, but if they do we would be forced to use our MLE to sign him because we don't have bird-rights on him.  The most we can sign him to is 120% of his previous contract without using an exception.

Which brings up a good point.  We actually can't sign Stiemsma to the amount I suggested (2.5m) without using part of the MLE, as the bi-annual exception is only 1.9m and 120% of his previous contract is less than the QO we offered.

Hopefully he just takes the QO, otherwise I fear he may be gone.  I don't think Ainge would want to give Stiemsma even a portion of the MLE.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 985
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
We didn't get a real cap expert to weigh in on this thread and give the nitty gritty, but my sense is that it will be easier/more realistic to sign our own guys than to go the FA route. This is both due to the way the rules are written as well as that Ainge simply doesn't see better talent out there at the price.

That said, I don't see either Bass or Kristic coming back to this team. Bass made some nice contributions but he also would disappear for long stretches.  Beyond that, you want to play the youngs guys at least a little bit. I've seen it suggested that Sullinger could even be almost as good as Bass by the end of next season.

For a vet center, I would resign Wilcox as long as he is able to play.  Camby could be a backup plan. Kaman is out of our range.

LEHGOCELTICS

Inculding players already under contract and expected contracts for our 2 rookies (PP/KG/RR/AB/FM/JS/JJ/EM), we could sign the following players to these approx. amounts.

Green-7m
Allen-5m
Stiemsma-2.5m

This would leave us at approx. 60m.  We'd still have to do something with Bass, which might take another 5m-6m, but we could very easily have about 10m under the tax apron.  This would give us use of the Full MLE and bi-annual exception.

I thought we offered Stiems 1mil... did he not take it?

We extended a "qualifying offer" to Stiemsma.  This simply means he's now a restricted FA, giving us an opportunity to match other teams offers.  He can't actually sign a contract until Jull 11, unless he accepts the QO from us.  Other teams will still have an opportunity to sign him on July 11 to an offer sheet up to the amount of the full MLE.

I highly doubt another team would offer that much, but if they do we would be forced to use our MLE to sign him because we don't have bird-rights on him.  The most we can sign him to is 120% of his previous contract without using an exception.

Which brings up a good point.  We actually can't sign Stiemsma to the amount I suggested (2.5m) without using part of the MLE, as the bi-annual exception is only 1.9m and 120% of his previous contract is less than the QO we offered.

Hopefully he just takes the QO, otherwise I fear he may be gone.  I don't think Ainge would want to give Stiemsma even a portion of the MLE.

He better not, because Stiemsma isn't worth a penny more than the QO, IMHO.

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
Now the key is rebuild while still be contending. Sad to say, but you have to let go ray.

I'd like to sign spencer hawes? How much can he demand?
Is possibie a sign&trade with bass?

You will have a decent young core

Rondo bradley mayo green sullinger...

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

The nature of the Green/Wilcox heart issue is once it's fixed, it's fixed.  It's not chronic or continuing.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 985
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

The nature of the Green/Wilcox heart issue is once it's fixed, it's fixed.  It's not chronic or continuing.
Thank you.

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3037
Hollinger seems to have the right idea right now. Resign Green, Bass and Steimsma and keep the Bird rights to Krstic. Then we're over the cap and get the full MLE for someone like Mayo.

Maybe it's a little crowded at some positions, but Green + Bass + Mayo would make this team DEEP and we would have trade flexibility later, including with Krstic if/when he returns.

Rondo / Bradley / Mayo / Moore (guards)
Pierce / Green / Pietrus (wings)
KG / Bass / Sullinger / JJJ / Steimsma / Melo (bigs)

Yes please on that 13.

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
2 things.

1: dismissing Greens heart issues, he still hasn't shown that he is worth both multiple years and more then 5 million per year.

2: people keep talking about the bi-annual exception. didn't they get rid of that in the new CBA?