Author Topic: Now that we know KG makes 11 mil next year, how is the rest of the cap spent?  (Read 14758 times)

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

-Using the mini-MLE on a serviceable center (this means someone like Randolph from Minny, or, if Ronnie Turiaf can play C, maybe Ray to Miami in a S&T for Turiaf)?

Anyway, Cs have options, it will be interesting to follow....

Think i just vomited in my mouth

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
So, basically Celtics need to manage its payroll to 67 mil. this year to have full MLE available.

With Garnett, Pierce, Rondo, Bradley, Johnson, Sullinger, Melo and Moore we have 8 players for 44,4mil...so we have about 22,5 mil for: Jeff Green, Ray Allen, Brandon Bass (for him or sign&trade), Greg Stiemsma and Mickael Pietrus:
-6,5 mil for Green
-6 mil for Bass
-5 mil for Allen
-2,5 mil for Pietrus
-2,5 mil for Stiemsma
Thats 13 players and with MLE and BiE we would have 15.
With Green and Sullinger on board i dont see a need for Bass, S&T for Mayo would be great. Then we offer full MLE to best available center in that range (Kaman).

Rondo, Bradley, Mayo, Moore
Mayo, Allen, Bradley
Pierce, Green, Pietrus
Garnett, Green, Sullinger, Johnson
Kaman, Stiemsma, Melo

But i doubt its enough minutes for Rondo, Bradley, Mayo and Allen. What would be our best options for Allen S&T?
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
So, basically Celtics need to manage its payroll to 67 mil. this year to have full MLE available.

With Garnett, Pierce, Rondo, Bradley, Johnson, Sullinger, Melo and Moore we have 8 players for 44,4mil...so we have about 22,5 mil for: Jeff Green, Ray Allen, Brandon Bass (for him or sign&trade), Greg Stiemsma and Mickael Pietrus:
-6,5 mil for Green
-6 mil for Bass
-5 mil for Allen
-2,5 mil for Pietrus
-2,5 mil for Stiemsma
With Green and Sullinger on board i dont see a need for Bass, S&T for Mayo would be great. Then we offer full MLE to best available center in that range (Kaman).

Mayo, Allen, Bradley
Pierce, Green, Pietrus
Kaman, Stiemsma, Melo

But i doubt its enough minutes for Rondo, Bradley, Mayo and Allen. What would be our best options for Allen S&T?
A sign+trade for Allen's pretty unlikely.  Could shoot for Bledsoe on LAC or Rip Hamilton on Bulls as I doubt Ray's going to agree to go to a non-contender but why would we want two players inferior to him?

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Haven't looked through the last few pages, but Hollinger says there are two options:

1) Celtics have $13 million in cap space left to spend on the last five players for their roster (not sure if that includes vet minimum contracts or not)

or

2) Resign Bass and Green to market-value deals, hang on to Curly's rights and have the full midlevel exception to spend.

My preferred option is clearly the second one. The first makes literally no sense. I'd prefer to resign Green and one of Bass and Ray, and try to sign and trade the other. You've got Curly's rights if he wants to come back over after a strong year in Russia, and you've got the full exception for a center as long as you stay under the tax line.
If KG came back, option 2 was the only logical cap outcome and it's what Danny has been saying explicitly lately.  The free cap number sounds big until you actually try to work through the numbers with all the holds that the Cs have, the complexity of the rules, and the fact that we had so many free agent slots to fill.

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I have doubts about our salary, resigned KG What money is left for us?

Do the Celtics Mid Level available for a veteran free agent?

Also I have doubts about Bird rights, this is obtained on 60 cap space?

I need information, thanks guys.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

Offline James Haley

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Banner 18
KG was the biggest piece to the puzzle. I would say sign everyone to bird rights. Then we can trade and work deals.  Jeff Green and Bradley are the key bench pieces, Trade Bass stack up on free agent bigs like camby to get a Center rotation.

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

-6,5 mil for Green
-6 mil for Bass
-5 mil for Allen
-2,5 mil for Pietrus
-2,5 mil for Stiemsma

Mayo, Allen, Bradley
Pierce, Green, Pietrus
Kaman, Stiemsma, Melo

That's a solid roster, even though I don't want Mayo here, but if Danny gives Steamer 2.5 million he should be fired on the spot.