Author Topic: NBA Draft..who do we pick?  (Read 40530 times)

Re: NBA Draft..who do we pick?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 12:15:36 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Trade the pick. 

for what? not to many teams are going to be trying to get in the end of the second round of this draft. Better of doing what danny does best find the next, TA, Gnomes,powe, delote,Perk or BBD who can help us down the road either as a player or trade bait

Because the Celtics do not need an extra contract on the books in 2012 for  a player not likely to provide much in 2011.
Do you think that we can attract free agents to utilize our cap space? I think cap space for the Celtics will either go unused or have to be used to overpay players.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Trade the pick. 

for what? not to many teams are going to be trying to get in the end of the second round of this draft. Better of doing what danny does best find the next, TA, Gnomes,powe, delote,Perk or BBD who can help us down the road either as a player or trade bait

Because the Celtics do not need an extra contract on the books in 2012 for  a player not likely to provide much in 2011.
Do you think that we can attract free agents to utilize our cap space? I think cap space for the Celtics will either go unused or have to be used to overpay players.

Or used in terms of trades.  Sign and trades. 

It is flexibility.   

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Trade the pick. 

I hear what you're saying, but a rookie contract for the 25th pick this year would represent roughly $1.25 million against next year's cap.

I'd be willing to sacrifice $1.25 mil of that cap space for someone who could become a future rotation player.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2011, 12:43:45 PM »

Offline toine83

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
I would pick a guy with some experience at the college level:
- Kyle Singler
- Jajuan Johnson
- Nolan Smith
- Shelvick Mack
- Jon Leuer

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »

Offline IrishGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
Projected it looks like we're favorites to land Nolan Smith. I honestly think he'd be a great fit in our a team. A pass first point guard, with great handles. He rarely turns the ball over also.

He lacks explosiveness and strength but he has a great medium jumper.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 12:57:48 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Projected it looks like we're favorites to land Nolan Smith. I honestly think he'd be a great fit in our a team. A pass first point guard, with great handles. He rarely turns the ball over also.

He's an efficient scorer, but I don't really like him as a point guard.  He turned the ball over 3 times a game, and didn't really have a great assist to turnover ratio.  I just don't think we need another combo guard on this team.  We can resign Delonte if we want that. 
do it

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011, 01:05:51 PM »

Offline IrishGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17

He's an efficient scorer, but I don't really like him as a point guard.  He turned the ball over 3 times a game, and didn't really have a great assist to turnover ratio.  I just don't think we need another combo guard on this team.  We can resign Delonte if we want that. 

I'm still not sold on Delonte, but in fairness he didn't get a fair go due to his injuries. If he's to come back he'll need to take a drop in salary if we're to make changes elsewhere. Whereas Nolan Smith can be either used as an energetic back-up, or as a sign and trade, or an on the day draft trade.

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 01:07:31 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

I'm still not sold on Delonte, but in fairness he didn't get a fair go due to his injuries. If he's to come back he'll need to take a drop in salary if we're to make changes elsewhere. Whereas Nolan Smith can be either used as an energetic back-up, or as a sign and trade, or an on the day draft trade.

Very true.  I guess the other question would be do we think Nolan Smith will be better than Avery Bradley next season? Like I said, I don't mind Smith, but if he has zero chance to play I'd like to look elsewhere.
do it

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 01:09:40 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I still think we need a project big guy like Semih Erden.
Someone who can come in and plug up the paint straight away.
Athletic and raw with long arms and nice hops.

Can't for the life of me put my finger on anyone in our range though.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I still think we need a project big guy like Semih Erden.
Someone who can come in and plug up the paint straight away.
Athletic and raw with long arms and nice hops.

Can't for the life of me put my finger on anyone in our range though.

Willie Reed would fit that description. He's a sleeper in the draft who I think will sneak into the 1st round despite his suspension.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 02:35:47 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
need a high energy guy.. sum one who can help rght away dont draft on potential in a weak draft like this. i would go with
biyombo who might be a lil out of our range plan.

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
We need rebounding.

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 03:08:54 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2011, 03:49:12 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Jajuan Johnson has already been mentioned, he is the first guy that came to mind as a perfect fit for us. The guy can score, rebound, play D, and for some reason he is projected to go in the low 20's at this point. He would be an absolute steal if we could get him. I also like Lace Dunn from Baylor, he can shoot the 3 and put the ball on the floor and get to the rim. He also has a little post game that he's been trying to develop.

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2011, 03:59:29 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Sleeper:Kawhi Leonard 6'7"swingman(Gerald Wallace-like),San Diego State...a few NBA experts says he might be the best "not talked about" prospect in this yrs. draft.