Author Topic: Do posters pay more attention to volume posters?  (Read 110133 times)

Re: Do posters pay more attention to volume posters?
« Reply #285 on: March 25, 2011, 02:52:48 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2011, 02:53:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I also think it's funny when someone starts a thread and for two years there's a post here, a post there, then out of NOWHERE it's "Woooooaaaahhhh. You can't say that!" and the thread's name gets changed and we get about 20 pages of opinions.

Remember that?

« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2011, 02:54:46 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

YOU. ARE. IN.

« Reply #288 on: March 25, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I think that is a fail.

A true Tuff Guy would have split that paper into two.   ;)

« Reply #289 on: March 25, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I am kind of finding this the funniest thread ever.  Right now I'm going around experimenting to see how many threads have been started by high or low volume posters that got low responses.

I might hold the record for most threads with low responses.  I blame.......myself.  And the world for not giving me a Pulitzer every time I open a door.

I hear your short-on-results but inspirational threads do have you in line for a Nobel Peace Prize, however.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

YOU. ARE. IN.

Why yes I am bored at work, why do you ask?   :)

I don't know if I'd join any clique that would have me as a member, though.

« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I am kind of finding this the funniest thread ever.  Right now I'm going around experimenting to see how many threads have been started by high or low volume posters that got low responses.

I might hold the record for most threads with low responses.  I blame.......myself.  And the world for not giving me a Pulitzer every time I open a door.

I hear your short-on-results but inspirational threads do have you in line for a Nobel Peace Prize, however.
My only demand about a Nobel Prize is that as we have seen in recent fashion it absolutely should not be tied to creating actual Peace of any kind.  I'm hoping also for a Nobel War prize, preferably in the same year. I think my check in here if drunk thread puts me in good standing there

« Reply #292 on: March 25, 2011, 02:58:54 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
The idea that greater self awareness and/or understanding isn't worthwhile is a disturbing one.

Call me a cynic, but seeing is believing.  I'd wager ten cents against a Tommy Point that almost everyone who has rolled up their sleeves and participated in this melee of a thread, will leave feeling more convinced of the righteousness of their own position.  It would be magical if anything said here resulted in a permanent change to someone's behavior.

Low post does not mean "underclass".
I know, I am just using colorful language for effect.  I realize that the casual posters around here are not like Mole People who bravely struggle to survive under the uncaring bootheels of the Quads and Mods.

« Reply #293 on: March 25, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

I think that is a fail.

A true Tuff Guy would have split that paper into two.   ;)

I still can't stop laughing. I'm sitting in a cube just chuckling to myself for like 5 minutes now.

« Reply #294 on: March 25, 2011, 03:02:15 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The idea that greater self awareness and/or understanding isn't worthwhile is a disturbing one.

Call me a cynic, but seeing is believing.  I'd wager ten cents against a Tommy Point that almost everyone who has rolled up their sleeves and participated in this melee of a thread, will leave feeling more convinced of the righteousness of their own position.  It would be magical if anything said here resulted in a permanent change to someone's behavior.

I know, I am just using colorful language for effect.  I realize that the casual posters around here are not like Mole People who bravely struggle to survive under the uncaring bootheels of the Quads and Mods.

What behavior changes would you want or expect? 

« Reply #295 on: March 25, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
And the winner of highest volume poster to not be responded to issss........drum roll.....Roy Hobbs for his Things that Crack you up thread, which featured Barney rapping.

Tied with Roy issssssss Roy!   For his Bob Cousy thread on Jan 21, 2009 in Celtics History

Also notable were 5 different threads on the same night by Dons with 0 responses.

Come on down here guys.   Speech!  Speech!

How'd you do it guys?  Did it take lots of work?   What thread that bombs will you come up with next?  

« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2011, 03:04:29 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

I think you'll find that people are probably taking this more seriously than you'd think. It's an important step to acknowledge an issue, and like 58 threads into this I think we've brought some attention to it. I'd bet you're going to see some small changes around here, and will probably see a lot of people consciously try to reply more to newer posters.

That being said, 1-10 scale: how tuff are you?  ;)

« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

To be fair I don't have a position, but I probably will leave this thread feeling more convinced of the righteousness of my non-position

« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
And the winner of highest volume poster to not be responded to issss........drum roll.....Roy Hobbs for his Things that Crack you up thread, which featured Barney rapping.

Tied with Roy issssssss Roy!   For his Bob Cousy thread on Jan 21, 2009 in Celtics History

Also notable were 5 different threads on the same night by Dons with 0 responses.

How'd you do it guys?  Did it take lots of work?   What thread that bombs will you come up with next?  

Haha. I love that dang Barney video.  It still makes me crack up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I'd like to take this opportunity to tell a lot of people they were wrong. Many people said walking into this thing that volume posters like Dons and Roy could not co-exist on the same team. 'They'd need the keyboard too much in their hands to really complement each other', people said. Well..who's laughing now?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner