Author Topic: Joakim Noah dislikes Kevin Garnett  (Read 20150 times)

Re: Joakim Noah dislikes Kevin Garnett
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2010, 02:32:23 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
KG's a good guy, some don't like him. It's because he talks trash basically. I find KG hilarious though.

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2010, 02:36:25 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I've heard mixed things about KG off the court.  He's supposedly a bully to ballboys, and he's apparently been pretty rude to several fans who have asked for autographs.  At the same time, I'm sure there are plenty of stories of him being a good guy off the court, as well.

Here's a link:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=18763.0

... and an anecdote from one of the aforementioned ballboys:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=176871

I think that anyone who deals with KG right before or right after a game is going to have a different experience than someone who sees him in most other settings. Honestly, have you ever seen a player get more "in the zone"?

This is the problem with any of these accounts of a pro athlete, or famous person in general being a "jerk".  When you see someone in certain circumstances, it is really tough to make a legit judgement on their character.  

Maybe they were having a bad day.  Maybe they were just zoned in getting ready for the game.  Maybe they were having a nice meal with their loved ones when you decided to interrupt it (and were the 18th person to do so that night).

Also, having a warm, outgoing personality is not a prerequisite for being a pro athlete.  Some people are just not as good at dealing with people.

My impression of KG is that he is a very thoughtful guy, very loyal to those he is close to, but someone who also keeps a strong wall up around him.  He can be charming when he is in the right mood, but unless he gets ramped up for that, he comes off cold.

I don't think that makes him a bad guy.  Just not someone I would want to grab a beer with.

...on the court on the other hand, he is a total jerk...and that is part of the reason he is so good.

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2010, 02:57:39 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
The bigger problem with this is,why do we have to here about every player whose feelings are alledgedly stepped on...whatever happen'd to wait until a player has really accomplished something great or has become a seasoned veteran before he has a voice.Seems like today we have to listen to every player(whinny)when they are unhappy.There are people in this country that go thru far more than Jokiam did on a daily basis and get paid millions less.Thats one of the problems of todays NBA,the media figures we need/want to know all the dirty little details.Its starting to look more like a soap opera than about basketball.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:11:28 PM by housecall »

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
Wait wait wait. Joakim Noah called KG ugly? If KG is ugly, then what are you Joakim? ;)
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2010, 03:08:06 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Wait wait wait. Joakim Noah called KG ugly? If KG is ugly, then what are you Joakim? ;)
Exaclty my thoughts and when i heard Jokiam mother was a model...man was i surprisely shocked,lol.tp

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2010, 03:11:52 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im surprised at how many people are taking the "ugly" comment so literally.  does everyone really think noah is talking about his physical appearance....i say now way. the "ugly" remark is regarding kg's character.

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
who cares if noah doesnt like kg? who cares, if true, kg is a jerk.  they are ball players on opposite teams, its ok to hate each other and for them to be rude jerks to each other. 

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
im surprised at how many people are taking the "ugly" comment so literally.  does everyone really think noah is talking about his physical appearance....i say now way. the "ugly" remark is regarding kg's character.

I think he is talking about physically.  Just the way that it reads where the throws it in at the end.  Saying somebody's character is ugly isnt something you usually hear, thats why i feel like if he meant it like that he would have started with it.  By just throwing it in at the end as an afterthought it made me think he meant it in the literal sense.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2010, 03:21:49 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
im surprised at how many people are taking the "ugly" comment so literally.  does everyone really think noah is talking about his physical appearance....i say now way. the "ugly" remark is regarding kg's character.

I think he is talking about physically.  Just the way that it reads where the throws it in at the end.  Saying somebody's character is ugly isnt something you usually hear, thats why i feel like if he meant it like that he would have started with it.  By just throwing it in at the end as an afterthought it made me think he meant it in the literal sense.

so you think a grown man, in an environment where bravado and homophobia is commonplace, u think he is talking about another man being physically ugly.  to each their own

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
im surprised at how many people are taking the "ugly" comment so literally.  does everyone really think noah is talking about his physical appearance....i say now way. the "ugly" remark is regarding kg's character.

I think he is talking about physically.  Just the way that it reads where the throws it in at the end.  Saying somebody's character is ugly isnt something you usually hear, thats why i feel like if he meant it like that he would have started with it.  By just throwing it in at the end as an afterthought it made me think he meant it in the literal sense.

so you think a grown man, in an environment where bravado and homophobia is commonplace, u think he is talking about another man being physically ugly.  to each their own

Well, you also have to take into account this was on a radio show, and Noah was most likely joking around with the guys anyways. 

When you look at the whole context of the quotes, it sounds like that was a little smacktalk on Noah's part thrown in to ease the tension a bit from him talking about his feelings being hurt.

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2010, 03:29:01 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I think he is talking about physically.  Just the way that it reads where the throws it in at the end.  Saying somebody's character is ugly isnt something you usually hear, thats why i feel like if he meant it like that he would have started with it.  By just throwing it in at the end as an afterthought it made me think he meant it in the literal sense.

so you think a grown man, in an environment where bravado and homophobia is commonplace, u think he is talking about another man being physically ugly.  to each their own

Well, you also have to take into account this was on a radio show, and Noah was most likely joking around with the guys anyways. 

When you look at the whole context of the quotes, it sounds like that was a little smacktalk on Noah's part thrown in to ease the tension a bit from him talking about his feelings being hurt.

Exactly my thought.  I just dont think he gave it enough thought to mean that KG's Personality was ugly.  I can't even remember the last time I heard somebodys personality referred to as ugly.  Probably the movie Shallow Hal
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2010, 03:31:30 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

so you think a grown man, in an environment where bravado and homophobia is commonplace, u think he is talking about another man being physically ugly.  to each their own

In today's NBA players use Twitter to fight and some use bobby pins to hold up their hair.  Calling someone ugly actually seems more apt than not.  Additionally Noah thinks he looks good even with how ugly he really is.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2010, 03:32:03 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I would love to have Noah for KG.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2010, 03:36:10 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
I would love to have Noah for KG.

oh no he didnt!!!!  (as of right now i would prefer kg, but in a year or maybe two, i agree with u :))

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  Additionally Noah thinks he looks good even with how ugly he really is.

personally, i dig his unique style