Author Topic: Joakim Noah dislikes Kevin Garnett  (Read 20156 times)

Re: Joakim Noah dislikes Kevin Garnett
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2010, 11:08:11 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I respect Noah's view of KG since KG is a bad person on the court, but it is important to separate his lack of class on the court with his character off the court. KG seems like a great guy off the court.

Has KG ever talked trash about anyone in an interview? He leaves all the nonsense in the game.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:13:35 AM by housecall »

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 11:08:38 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
WAAAHHH!!! KG doesn't like me....

Shut up and play Noah. You're a solid player and you don't need to whine like a little pansy. You just lost a lot of respect out there.

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I respect Noah's view of KG since KG is a bad person on the court, but it is important to separate his lack of class on the court with his character off the court. KG seems like a great guy off the court.

Has KG ever talked trash about anyone in an interview? He leaves all the nonsense in the game.

Does making fun of C.Sager's suits qualify?lol tp

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 11:16:07 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
the hate is a form of flattery :)

back in the day, you hated your opponents and they hated you right back....i like this

I think its either Flattery or Jealousy.  the one thing i dont get is Noah calling somebody else ugly.

Just saying
Hillarious pic. You gotta wonder if someday his teen kid will be like "Dad. Why did you dress like a clown high on  acid for draft night?"

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 11:21:16 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Bad person, you mean he curses?  Wake me when he plays dirty then I'll consider him a bad person.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They both are high motor guys but I bet Noah is jealous of Garnett's jumpshot.

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2010, 11:25:24 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

There have actually been a lot of stories out there over the years about KG being a jerk to the staff, security, etc out there. The most recent ones came up in a discussion of how nice Sheed was to everyone at those lower levels. I think he is what he is. Not that nice of a guy, but I sure like the KG as a player. If I am looking for a role model then I won't be looking at an athlete as my first pick.

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2010, 11:30:13 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

There have actually been a lot of stories out there over the years about KG being a jerk to the staff, security, etc out there. The most recent ones came up in a discussion of how nice Sheed was to everyone at those lower levels. I think he is what he is. Not that nice of a guy, but I sure like the KG as a player. If I am looking for a role model then I won't be looking at an athlete as my first pick.

do you have a link to any of these stories about him being a jack off to the staff of the team?

I've never heard of this.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

There have actually been a lot of stories out there over the years about KG being a jerk to the staff, security, etc out there.

I've heard the complete opposite about KG.

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2010, 11:53:39 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

do you have a link to any of these stories about him being a jack off to the staff of the team?

I don't have the time or energy to go back and try to find articles from years back, however the specific one that really popped into my head was the article about how Sheed was such a different person off the court. They gave examples of how nice he was to the staff and employees around the arenas and contrasted that to KG and how he treated people. I am sure there are many on here who remember that a couple years back. I doubt that could be considered too tough to imagine considering the way he treats people, even his own teammates at times.

I'm not even saying it is a bad thing. I think that mean streak makes him what he is out there. Anyway. It may be exaggerated and maybe not, but I remember a few comments across the years that don't put him in a very good light. For the record, I DO think he called Charlie a cancer patient. Look at the guy. I can see why he'd say that. Much more believable than "you are a cancer to your team and this league"... Right. I don't think it was a big deal though.

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2010, 11:56:12 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

There have actually been a lot of stories out there over the years about KG being a jerk to the staff, security, etc out there.

I've heard the complete opposite about KG.

Do you have any links to stories that show that?  ;D

I hope that is true rather than the others, but I kind of doubt it. He doesn't seem to have the personality to be "bothered" by those beneath him. What can you expect though from someone who has been treated since they were a small kid like they were the greatest thing in the world since they were tall. I really don't understand how they could be any different really.

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Newsflash. Nobody likes KG. I don't even think KG likes KG.
Naw I dont know about that.  I really do think KG is the man. 

Me and my friends have a way of judging whether we like the personality of an athlete/celeb:  Would you go to six flags with that person?

The winner is obviously Shaq (with Will Ferrell coming a close second). 

But the answer to KG is YES.  I would TOTALLY go to 6 flags with KG.

I honestly do think KG is a kind, friendly, charming person.  When he steps onto the bball court he turns his swag on and becomes a certified G and genuinely doesn't know any other way to be.
I don't think Shaq or KG would be able to get on any rides.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2010, 12:12:36 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I guess I just don't understand what Noah is trying to accomplish by saying this. 

Is he trying to get inside KG's head?  Good luck with that, KG is probably the mentally toughest guy in the league.  Is he trying to portray KG in a bad light, and at the same time garner sympathy for himself?  Somehow I doubt peoples perception about KG are going to change at this point. And If Noah is trying to get sympathy, well, that is not only sad, but entirely unlikely.  Noah runs his own mouth quite a bit.  No one is going to be sympathetic towards a "beginner" trash talker just beacuase an "OG" trash talker took his lunch.

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2010, 12:17:26 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

I don't have the time or energy to go back and try to find articles from years back, however the specific one that really popped into my head was the article about how Sheed was such a different person off the court. They gave examples of how nice he was to the staff and employees around the arenas and contrasted that to KG and how he treated people. I am sure there are many on here who remember that a couple years back. I doubt that could be considered too tough to imagine considering the way he treats people, even his own teammates at times.

I'm not even saying it is a bad thing. I think that mean streak makes him what he is out there. Anyway. It may be exaggerated and maybe not, but I remember a few comments across the years that don't put him in a very good light. For the record, I DO think he called Charlie a cancer patient. Look at the guy. I can see why he'd say that. Much more believable than "you are a cancer to your team and this league"... Right. I don't think it was a big deal though.

Hmm so you don't have the time or energy to backup something that should be pretty clear due to the way he's acts on the court.  CV does look cancer patient but, I suppose you believe Doc is liar.

Interesting..

I'll just stick with what I know and that is he curses a lot on the court.  I'll be interested to read some of these comments if you ever have the time to research them.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:25:07 PM by Birdbrain »
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2010, 12:18:53 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I guess I just don't understand what Noah is trying to accomplish by saying this. 

Is he trying to get inside KG's head?  Good luck with that, KG is probably the mentally toughest guy in the league.  Is he trying to portray KG in a bad light, and at the same time garner sympathy for himself?  Somehow I doubt peoples perception about KG are going to change at this point. And If Noah is trying to get sympathy, well, that is not only sad, but entirely unlikely.  Noah runs his own mouth quite a bit.  No one is going to be sympathetic towards a "beginner" trash talker just beacuase an "OG" trash talker took his lunch.

I think he was just being honest.  Not sure there was any other motivation behind it.

I think a lot of these guys grew up idolizing KG, and to come into the league, and have his only response being to belittle them and basically treat them like scum is hard to take.  

I think guys like Noah (I am not lumping him in with CV who is a baby), just built up a false image of a guy (much like most of us do), so when they realize that he is really a mean, nasty guy on the court (and it was not just some exageration or act), it is that much worse to them.

That, and Noah likes to hear himself talk.