Author Topic: Are you serious?Rumor: Perk/Allen for Ellis/Biedrins  (Read 23792 times)

Re: Are you serious?Rumor: Perk/Allen for Ellis/Biedrins
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2010, 02:58:47 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 743
  • MASTER OF PANIC
no deals will be made. we are who we are right now. accept it and move on

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I don't know about that. Seems like Danny really wants to make a trade

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2010, 02:59:59 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I would absolutely do this deal.  Biedrins has more potential than Perk, and Ellis is a star (although I am little worried about how he will fit with Rondo).  Honestly, the only place Perk has an advantage over Biedrins is in covering Howard and Shaq...however, the C's still have Wallace, KG, and Davis, all of whom have shown they can give Howard nearly as much trouble as Perk does (I am really wondering how much Clifford Ray...who also coached Howard in his formative years...has to do with that).

A deal like that gives you a tremendous young core of Rondo, Ellis, and Biedrins, to go along with Pierce and Garnett.  

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2010, 03:05:29 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

I don't know about that. Seems like Danny really wants to make a trade

Doesn't mean he'll be able to make one that actually helps us
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2010, 03:12:49 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Ugh... it seems that this trade has been discussed (per MatthyDHume on Tweeter, retweeted by Celticsblog) :

Latest Juice on Golden St./Boston - Ellis, Biedrins, Morrow to Celts for Ray, Perkins, Williams and Giddens. Picks Have Been Discussed (TBC)

Terrible, terrible trade. Monta Ellis is a terrible fit for us and we would be stuck with him for years, Biedrins is not worth taking on his contract. The only good acquisition would be Morrow but if we give up Ray and Perk for him and get Ellis and Biedrins in the deal too, it's just an awful trade.

I hope this is just rumors and basic discussions, Danny would be crazy to make such a deal, unless he is entitled to build a fantasy team instead of a championship team.

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2010, 03:13:41 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Correct, and as just like I was telling my son the other day when he was telling me something wasn't going to happen when he really wanted it to happen... You never know.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2010, 03:15:03 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I saw this rumor and thought - oh NO!
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15308

I can't see giving up Perk for Beidrins. Dwight Howard would wreck havoc on us.
I do not want to see this trade.

Monta Ellis is already a star in the league, and will be for many years to come. The thinking here is to get youth while we can. We will still be in the playoffs this year, but it is going to strongly depend on what is done/not done in the next few days as to how far we advance. And I'm sure Ainge knows we aren't getting past Orlando, Atlanta or Cleveland as currently assembled.

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2010, 03:16:38 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Ugh... it seems that this trade has been discussed (per MatthyDHume on Tweeter, retweeted by Celticsblog) :

Latest Juice on Golden St./Boston - Ellis, Biedrins, Morrow to Celts for Ray, Perkins, Williams and Giddens. Picks Have Been Discussed (TBC)

Terrible, terrible trade. Monta Ellis is a terrible fit for us and we would be stuck with him for years, Biedrins is not worth taking on his contract. The only good acquisition would be Morrow but if we give up Ray and Perk for him and get Ellis and Biedrins in the deal too, it's just an awful trade.

I hope this is just rumors and basic discussions, Danny would be crazy to make such a deal, unless he is entitled to build a fantasy team instead of a championship team.

Well does an out for year Randolf entice you?
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Definitely smacks of rebuilding.  I would much prefer to get Randolph in the deal than Morrow, though.  One is destined to be a career roleplayer (though a good one), and the other one has the potential to be very good.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2010, 03:18:36 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Oh hell yea!!!!!! if we can get Morrow in this trade do it! the kid is the next Ray Allen ( at least shooting wise)

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2010, 03:21:24 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
Oh hell yea!!!!!! if we can get Morrow in this trade do it! the kid is the next Ray Allen ( at least shooting wise)

You must never have heard of chemistry, fits, sharing of the ball, terrible contracts and salary cap, don't you?

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2010, 03:23:47 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Ellis is the centerpiece of this deal and he needs the ball in his hands when we want the ball in Rondo's hands. A poor man's AI, Ellis scores a lot because he shoots a lot. He doesn't shoot well from long distance, turns the ball over a lot, is shooting under 75% from the charity stripe, and is short for a SG defensively. I don't agree with Hollinger on many things, but he ranked Ellis as the most over-rated player in the NBA and I believe the stats support his claim. Ellis's judgment leaves something to be desired too.

Offensive Points Produced Per 100 possessions 2009-10 (BB-reference.com)

Ray Allen 110
Monta Ellis 99

Even a decrepit Ray Allen is better than Monta Ellis. Ray gives up 5 less points per 100 possessions on the defensive side too.

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

You must never have heard of chemistry, fits, sharing of the ball, terrible contracts and salary cap, don't you?

That is way too much talent coming back not to do it, We have shooting off the bench with Morrow. We have two lightning quick guards who can get to the basket at will.

Morrow shooting

08-09 = 48% FG's , 47% 3pt , 87% FT
09-10 = 49% fgs  , 45 % 3pt , 90 % FT

This would be a steal of a trade

If a bigger guard is taking advantage of Ellis, we still have Daniels 

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2010, 03:28:51 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Ellis is the centerpiece of this deal and he needs the ball in his hands when we want the ball in Rondo's hands. A poor man's AI, Ellis scores a lot because he shoots a lot. He doesn't shoot well from long distance, turns the ball over a lot, is shooting under 75% from the charity stripe, and is short for a SG defensively. I don't agree with Hollinger on many things, but he ranked Ellis as the most over-rated player in the NBA and I believe the stats support his claim. Ellis's judgment leaves something to be desired too.

Offensive Points Produced Per 100 possessions 2009-10 (BB-reference.com)

Ray Allen 110
Monta Ellis 99

Even a decrepit Ray Allen is better than Monta Ellis. Ray gives up 5 less points per 100 possessions on the defensive side too.

This is because he has to create his own offense out of necessity. Ray is the recipient of a decent amount of open looks and one on one coverage.

I said it before, but Ellis was beyond solid playing beside a legit pg. 53% from the field and 20 ppg. This has to be what Ainge/co are looking at. I still have trouble believing this can go down because of our 2010-2011 payroll.

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald

That is way too much talent coming back not to do it, We have shooting off the bench with Morrow. We have to lightning quick guards who can get to the basket at will.

Morrow shooting

08-09 = 48% FG's , 47% 3pt , 87% FT
09-10 = 49% fgs  , 45 % 3pt , 90 % FT

This would be a steal of a trade

If a bigger guard is taking advantage of Ellis, we still have Daniels 

So you're ready to take on two huge contracts for two overrated and not fitting-at-all-in-our-system players (Ellis and Biedrins) just to take Morrow, a really good shooter? That's a lot to take (and to lose - Perk and Ray) just to acquire a bonified roleplayer... again, this is not fantasy basketball, and Morrow's shooting doesn't make up for his poor defense and doesn't make up for the fact that the guy can just shoot - very well, ok, but still, he is a better version of Eddie House and that's it.

You're basically saying that we should do this trade in a heartbeat, losing two key players from our starting five, but hey, that's worth it since we get a bigger and better shooter than Eddie House, a one trick poney player off our bench. Yeah. ::)