Barring a miracle (Griz have only 2.4% chance of getting top 4 lottery pick thereby we get 2021 unprotected), we will draft 14th in 2020 draft.
My choices, in order (am only listing guys who realistically could be available at 14, and am assuming we can't trade up):
1. Devin Vassel (FSU)-- seems to be everyone's biggest hope. Great shooter and defender, long, athletic, multiple position defender, would clearly fit into our system very well. Probably won't be available, most mocks have him going top 10. Interestingly, ESPN's Schmidt has him at 16 in their power ranking, so I guess there is hope, and that is why I am including him here.
2. Kira Lewis (Alabama)--Love his size (6'3"), 3 point shooting acumen (both off dribble and catch and shoot), elite athleticism (called quickest player in draft, similar to Ja Morant), defensive ability on and off the ball, decent passer. His only weaknesses seem to be lack of weight (listed in older reports at 165), and difficulty finishing at the hoop, which are probably related. Given Kemba's age and injuries, Danny should really focus on finding his successor in 2-3 years. I believe Kira could be that guy.
3. Aaron Nesmith (Vanderbilt)--Elite shooter from 3, great catch and shoot and pnr shooter, great foot work, reminds me of Kyle Korver and Dale Ellis. Great size for 2 guard/wing (6'6" with 6'11" wingspan), decent though not great defender. See his role as a scoring machine off the bench, should be able to contribute right away. Only risk is very small sample size for last season (14 games), when his 3 point shooting was off the charts (50%) although his 2 year FT average of 83% suggests this is not an outlier.
4. Saddiq Bey (Villanova)--Very good 3 point shooter (45%), quick release, great size (6'8" height with 7' wingspan) able to guard multiple positions, has fluid hips, unselfish. See him as a great guy off the bench for us, could contribute decent minutes rookie season. He is a bigger, longer, better shooting version of Grant Williams, IMO.
5. RJ Hampton-- I go back and forth on this guy. Great athlete, I would consider taking him for the future, as I think he will need several years to develop into a decent 1/2 guard. Would favor the other guys above him.
None of the bigs in this draft that would be available at 14 (e.g. Precious) interest me that high. We have 2 other first round picks to take a flyer on any number of bigs who will be available at the end of 1st round.
Here a lot of buzz about Patrick Williams, but don't think he would add much to this team. He is all about projection, but feel like he wouldn't be an upgrade on G Williams. Like Bey much more.
Who you got?