Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020  (Read 182507 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020
« Reply #1425 on: September 13, 2020, 03:41:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
Clippers about to blow another 3-1 series lead again.

I...just don't see how this Clippers team, who are perennial chokers, be able to stop the Lakers. But on the other hand, Jokic has been balling today.

Clippers are playing like they are entitled to something.

« Reply #1426 on: September 13, 2020, 03:42:46 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
Clippers may have blown this series. Clippers looking like Houston trying to close a series.

« Reply #1427 on: September 13, 2020, 03:43:52 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1714
I think the Clippers are the better team here, but they have now entered a situation where one anomalous game from somebody can send you home.  That's a dangerous way to live in the playoffs, especially in this three ball era. 

We did the same thing and got away with it.  And we needed an offensive rebound by an unheralded rookie, thus fouling out their best player, to do it.

« Reply #1428 on: September 13, 2020, 03:46:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I think the Clippers are the better team here, but they have now entered a situation where one anomalous game from somebody can send you home.  That's a dangerous way to live in the playoffs, especially in this three ball era. 

We did the same thing and got away with it.  And we needed an offensive rebound by an unheralded rookie, thus fouling out their best player, to do it.

The Clippers also think they are the better team but they are not going to cruise anywhere.

« Reply #1429 on: September 13, 2020, 03:46:40 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Clippers bench has been really underperforming.

« Reply #1430 on: September 13, 2020, 03:50:09 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!

Denver is much more dangerous than Toronto because they have guys that can shoot better. Murray gets hot and it’s goodnight.

« Reply #1431 on: September 13, 2020, 03:53:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041

Denver is much more dangerous than Toronto because they have guys that can shoot better. Murray gets hot and it’s goodnight.

Wonder if the Nuggets will be able to stop the Lakers. If Jokic can play like he did tonight, could be tough nights for AD3

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1432 on: September 13, 2020, 03:54:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Herrell has been unplayable this series and Doc still keeps playing him. Herrell is an effort player that is not playing with effort. I'd play Noah over him at this point. Morris Sr is also giving them nothing.

« Reply #1433 on: September 13, 2020, 03:54:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
Wow the Clippers have blown a lot of leads this series. I think a 15 point lead last game, and now a 19 point one. Their bench is under-performing which is surprising considering it looked like they had the deepest team in the league.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1434 on: September 13, 2020, 04:00:20 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1714

I think they're just dangerous in a different way.  The risk with Toronto is that they have plus defensive players all over their roster.  We saw it down the stretch... we couldn't generate a basket in crunch time and had to rely on some gritty effort plays to win the game.  The Nuggets don't have that defensive presence, but I do agree with you that their offense is more dangerous than Toronto. 

« Reply #1435 on: September 13, 2020, 04:02:48 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 580
Well in round 1 Lakers got to play a Portland team that eventually lost Lillard to injury and was gassed after having to give everything just to make the playoffs. They finished them in 4-1. Then OKC vs HOU went 7 so the Lakers got almost a full week off before playing a now exhausted HOU team who looked like they just gave up. They finished that series 4-1. Now because LAC vs DEN has gone seven they will get almost another full week before playing whoever wins this one, and that team will inevitably be exhausted as well. Its very fortuitous that 35 year old Lebron James keeps getting week long breaks and playing exhausted opponents.

« Reply #1436 on: September 13, 2020, 04:04:21 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
All credit goes to Mook for igniting Denver by instigating that confrontation with Millsap in Game 5.

« Reply #1437 on: September 13, 2020, 04:08:26 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Herrell has been unplayable this series and Doc still keeps playing him. Herrell is an effort player that is not playing with effort. I'd play Noah over him at this point. Morris Sr is also giving them nothing.
I don't know how many times Jokic has to own him to get it through Doc's thick skull that Harrell is unplayable against Denver.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #1438 on: September 13, 2020, 04:12:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I don't know how many times Jokic has to own him to get it through Doc's thick skull that Harrell is unplayable against Denver.

They don't have any bigs other than Zubac who can contend with Jokic.

« Reply #1439 on: September 13, 2020, 04:14:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753

Wonder if the Nuggets will be able to stop the Lakers. If Jokic can play like he did tonight, could be tough nights for AD3

That's what I was thinking as well. I would rather see the Nuggets go up against the Lakers. I think they can give them more of a challenge. Jokic vs AD would be great.