Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020  (Read 182475 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020
« Reply #1440 on: September 13, 2020, 04:30:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
Gary Harris' return really helped out the Nuggets too. They struggled early in the series without him back at full speed.

« Reply #1441 on: September 13, 2020, 04:35:40 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Clippers bench has been really underperforming.

Herrell has been unplayable this series and Doc still keeps playing him. Herrell is an effort player that is not playing with effort. I'd play Noah over him at this point. Morris Sr is also giving them nothing.
I don't know how many times Jokic has to own him to get it through Doc's thick skull that Harrell is unplayable against Denver.

They don't have any bigs other than Zubac who can contend with Jokic.
Put Jamychal Green at the 5, play small ball, do something different. It's insanity to continue playing Harrell big minutes when he's playing like this.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #1442 on: September 13, 2020, 04:37:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn

Herrell has been unplayable this series and Doc still keeps playing him. Herrell is an effort player that is not playing with effort. I'd play Noah over him at this point. Morris Sr is also giving them nothing.
I don't know how many times Jokic has to own him to get it through Doc's thick skull that Harrell is unplayable against Denver.

Put Jamychal Green at the 5, play small ball, do something different. It's insanity to continue playing Harrell big minutes when he's playing like this.

Jokic and Porter Jr would destroy Green. The Clippers just have to find a way to get Harrell going.

« Reply #1443 on: September 13, 2020, 04:39:15 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Jokic would destroy Green. The Clippers just have to find a way to get Harrell going.
He's already destroying Harrell. The Nuggets broke away when Jokic got two wide open 3's because Harrell is an awful defender.

« Reply #1444 on: September 13, 2020, 04:40:13 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
You'd have to think that Doc is 100% gone if the Clippers blow this series, right?

« Reply #1445 on: September 13, 2020, 04:41:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn

Jokic would destroy Green. The Clippers just have to find a way to get Harrell going.
He's already destroying Harrell. The Nuggets broke away when Jokic got two wide open 3's because Harrell is an awful defender.

They have to get Harrell to rotate properly on D. That's on Doc.

They do have Patterson off the bench who wouldn't be a bad option, but Doc doesn't play him.

Noah would be a disaster, his mobility is shot at this stage of his career.

« Reply #1446 on: September 13, 2020, 04:44:28 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
Gary Harris' return really helped out the Nuggets too. They struggled early in the series without him back at full speed.

Yeah, Harris is like their Marcus Smart.

« Reply #1447 on: September 13, 2020, 05:02:41 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Doc starting to be exposed as the overrated coach many of us thought he was.

« Reply #1448 on: September 13, 2020, 05:05:51 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 563
I think the Clippers are the better team here, but they have now entered a situation where one anomalous game from somebody can send you home.  That's a dangerous way to live in the playoffs, especially in this three ball era. 

We did the same thing and got away with it.  And we needed an offensive rebound by an unheralded rookie, thus fouling out their best player, to do it.

Denver is much more dangerous than Toronto because they have guys that can shoot better. Murray gets hot and it’s goodnight.

Wonder if the Nuggets will be able to stop the Lakers. If Jokic can play like he did tonight, could be tough nights for AD3

That's what I was thinking as well. I would rather see the Nuggets go up against the Lakers. I think they can give them more of a challenge. Jokic vs AD would be great.
I'd expect the Lakers to roll right over the Nuggets. 

« Reply #1449 on: September 13, 2020, 05:21:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
I think the Clippers are the better team here, but they have now entered a situation where one anomalous game from somebody can send you home.  That's a dangerous way to live in the playoffs, especially in this three ball era. 

We did the same thing and got away with it.  And we needed an offensive rebound by an unheralded rookie, thus fouling out their best player, to do it.

Denver is much more dangerous than Toronto because they have guys that can shoot better. Murray gets hot and it’s goodnight.

Wonder if the Nuggets will be able to stop the Lakers. If Jokic can play like he did tonight, could be tough nights for AD3

That's what I was thinking as well. I would rather see the Nuggets go up against the Lakers. I think they can give them more of a challenge. Jokic vs AD would be great.
I'd expect the Lakers to roll right over the Nuggets.

Sure, just like most people expected the Clippers to roll over the Nuggets and the Bucks to roll over the Heat.

Jokic, Murray, Milsap, Porter Jr. and Harris would give the Lakers some trouble.

« Reply #1450 on: September 13, 2020, 05:25:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
As much as I hate to say it... it looks like the Lakers are going to win the West. Are the Cs ready to take down LeBron? He looks so big!!!

« Reply #1451 on: September 13, 2020, 05:36:41 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
As much as I hate to say it... it looks like the Lakers are going to win the West. Are the Cs ready to take down LeBron? He looks so big!!!
The bigger they are...

« Reply #1452 on: September 13, 2020, 05:44:37 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It's almost sickening how easy this run has been/will be for the Lakers. We are either counting on an exhausted, discombobulated Clippers team or an exhausted, low ceiling Nuggets team to take them out. Can't say I'm especially confident in the Celtics or the Heat against them in the Finals. The last thing I want to see in life is Lebron celebrating a (tying) Lakers championship against the Cs. Can't the dude just roll over and die already?

« Reply #1453 on: September 13, 2020, 05:52:31 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
What’s exciting is that I can see any of the 5 remaining teams winning it all. We shouldn’t take that for granted after 9 years of Golden State and LeBron “super” teams, and a pathetic Eastern Conference.

« Reply #1454 on: September 13, 2020, 05:57:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Steroids makes u look big
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin