Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020  (Read 181683 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020
« Reply #1455 on: September 13, 2020, 06:06:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
What’s exciting is that I can see any of the 5 remaining teams winning it all. We shouldn’t take that for granted after 9 years of Golden State and LeBron “super” teams, and a pathetic Eastern Conference.

pssssst the LeBron super team is still around or have you not seen the share amount of name players he has assembled in LA. What they give up in quality they make up in share numbers. I thought the Clippers would be able to take them down, but with the way they are struggling against Denver, looks like it will be up to the Cetics!!!

« Reply #1456 on: September 13, 2020, 06:15:17 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1019
What’s exciting is that I can see any of the 5 remaining teams winning it all. We shouldn’t take that for granted after 9 years of Golden State and LeBron “super” teams, and a pathetic Eastern Conference.

pssssst the LeBron super team is still around or have you not seen the share amount of name players he has assembled in LA. What they give up in quality they make up in share numbers. I thought the Clippers would be able to take them down, but with the way they are struggling against Denver, looks like it will be up to the Cetics!!!

I would hate the idea of watching them hoist the trophy over the Celtics again. Clearly they want to do this championship for Kobe.

We need to put an end to the Lakers this season. Do not let it happen.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1457 on: September 13, 2020, 06:17:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Montrezl Harrell and Lou Williams simply must be better for the Clippers to stand any chance. Their disrupted entry/re-entry into the bubble for various reasons seems to have completely thrown them.

If those two were at their 6MOTY candidate form this series would be over
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1458 on: September 13, 2020, 06:18:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2731

That is nowhere near a superteam. It's Lebron, AD and a bunch of scrubs and washed up old dudes who should be out of the league.

« Reply #1459 on: September 13, 2020, 06:21:16 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 561
I think the Clippers are the better team here, but they have now entered a situation where one anomalous game from somebody can send you home.  That's a dangerous way to live in the playoffs, especially in this three ball era. 

We did the same thing and got away with it.  And we needed an offensive rebound by an unheralded rookie, thus fouling out their best player, to do it.

Denver is much more dangerous than Toronto because they have guys that can shoot better. Murray gets hot and it’s goodnight.

Wonder if the Nuggets will be able to stop the Lakers. If Jokic can play like he did tonight, could be tough nights for AD3

That's what I was thinking as well. I would rather see the Nuggets go up against the Lakers. I think they can give them more of a challenge. Jokic vs AD would be great.
I'd expect the Lakers to roll right over the Nuggets.

Sure, just like most people expected the Clippers to roll over the Nuggets and the Bucks to roll over the Heat.

Jokic, Murray, Milsap, Porter Jr. and Harris would give the Lakers some trouble.
People thought the Blazers were going to give the Lakers trouble.  People thought Houston was going to give the Lakers trouble.  Lebron would be quite happy not to have to face Kawhi and PG13.   

« Reply #1460 on: September 13, 2020, 06:38:10 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

That is nowhere near a superteam. It's Lebron, AD and a bunch of scrubs and washed up old dudes who should be out of the league.

I completely agree. I actually think Denver matches up against them quite well. They don’t have anyone to guard Denver’s shooters, and unlike Houston who doesn’t have any bugs, Denver has good bigs. Jokic will make LeBron and AD work on defense.

« Reply #1461 on: September 13, 2020, 06:44:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

They do look like scrubs on paper, but when you have LeBron and the NBA on his side you get some swag. Rondo is rejunevated, Morris is playing like a star.. the only team that stands a chance in stoping them in the West is the Clippers, and that is because of their star players and coach. The referees will hand a Denver series to the Lakers on a platter. No one wants to watch the Nuggets in the finals. Anyone that thinks Denver stands a snowballs chance against the Lakers should study NBA history. And yes that Laker team is a super team with three super coaches to boot.

« Reply #1462 on: September 13, 2020, 06:50:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

I would hate the idea of watching them hoist the trophy over the Celtics again. Clearly they want to do this championship for Kobe.

QUESTION: If you knew that the Lakers had a 90% chance to beat the Celtics in the final would you rather play them or let the Heat play them. I wonder how KG and PP will feel roooting against Rondo.

« Reply #1463 on: September 13, 2020, 07:05:10 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 561

QUESTION: If you knew that the Lakers had a 90% chance to beat the Celtics in the final would you rather play them or let the Heat play them. I wonder how KG and PP will feel roooting against Rondo.
That's easy.  Go to the finals and take your 10% chance.  Also I think the Celts would have a better shot beating the Lakers than the Heat would.  Say 70/30 versus 90/10. 

« Reply #1464 on: September 13, 2020, 07:34:55 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn

They do look like scrubs on paper, but when you have LeBron and the NBA on his side you get some swag. Rondo is rejunevated, Morris is playing like a star.. the only team that stands a chance in stoping them in the West is the Clippers, and that is because of their star players and coach. The referees will hand a Denver series to the Lakers on a platter. No one wants to watch the Nuggets in the finals. Anyone that thinks Denver stands a snowballs chance against the Lakers should study NBA history. And yes that Laker team is a super team with three super coaches to boot.

????? I'm scratching my head over this one. They don't even have one single good coach. 3 super coaches? Vogel, Kidd and Hollins are all poor to mediocre level coaches.

I expect them to get to the finals, but outside of old man Lebron and AD this Lakers team is awful, nowhere near a super team.  You can polish a turd all you want, but their supporting cast is still a turd.

« Reply #1465 on: September 13, 2020, 07:35:30 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1036

That's easy.  Go to the finals and take your 10% chance.  Also I think the Celts would have a better shot beating the Lakers than the Heat would.  Say 70/30 versus 90/10.

What makes you think the Lakers would be overwhelming favorites? Is it how well they played against an 8-seed? Or their dismantling of the playoff powerhouse trio of Harden/Westbrook/D’Antoni?

Celtics AND Heat have been more impressive in the bubble, IMO.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #1466 on: September 13, 2020, 07:39:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn

What makes you think the Lakers would be overwhelming favorites? Is it how well they played against an 8-seed? Or their dismantling of the playoff powerhouse trio of Harden/Westbrook/D’Antoni?

Yeah, calling the Lakers 90% favorites is absurd. They at best would be at even odds against the Celtics and slight favorites over the Heat. This is a flawed Lakers squad, its not the Curry-Durant-Klay Thompson-Draymond Green Warriors or the Lebron-Wade-Bosh Heat we're talking about. Unless you really believe Kuzma and Caruso are future all-stars or something.

The Heat thus far have been the most impressive team in the bubble, followed by the Celtics. Hands down.

« Reply #1467 on: September 13, 2020, 07:52:53 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1019

The Celtics of course. I feel like the C's have the best shot at taking them down instead of the Heat. But never underestimate LeBron and Anthony Davis...two of the best players in the game.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1468 on: September 13, 2020, 08:01:19 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Yeah, calling the Lakers 90% favorites is absurd. They at best would be at even odds against the Celtics and slight favorites over the Heat. This is a flawed Lakers squad, its not the Curry-Durant-Klay Thompson-Draymond Green Warriors or the Lebron-Wade-Bosh Heat we're talking about. Unless you really believe Kuzma and Caruso are future all-stars or something.

The Heat thus far have been the most impressive team in the bubble, followed by the Celtics. Hands down.

If Celtics face Lakers, 90% of the "experts" will pick the Lakers, is my belief. Which will be awesome when we beat them!!

« Reply #1469 on: September 13, 2020, 09:45:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
Btw, with the Nuggets win today, Game 1 of Boston-Miami will be at 6:30 PM EST Tuesday

If the Clippers had won today, it would have been 8:30 that night
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller