Author Topic: Rumor- C's dangling both 1st picks to move up  (Read 21415 times)

Re: Rumor- C's dangling both 1st picks to move up
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2015, 11:56:02 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 167
I went to Detroit Bad Boys and offered James Young + 28 + 33 for 8. The counter-offers by Detroit fans I got were:

Young + 16 for 8
Sully + 16 for 8

Young + 16, 28 and 33 for 8 (they can dream:)
Crowder + 16 + future 2nd for 8

If that is what Detroit wants for the 8th pick (and the fans tend to overvalue) I am all aboard with this.

The Crowder one is not happening due to FA but the fans are somehow very high on him. The playoffs might have raised some value after all.

Hope DA sees this post.

Either of the bolded trades would be a steal by DA. Can't decide which I'd prefer-- not very high on either Sully or Young
Sully has more value as a proven player than Young.

I'd do the first deal no question because whoever's at 8 would be a better prospect than Young.

The Sully deal I'd have to think about because that leaves us with KO as our starting PF and that's not an ideal situation (unless Aldridge has secretly decided to sign here as a FA).  would have to have WCS available with that pick or else I'd probably pass on it.  I like Johnson but probably not enough to give up Sully and 16.

Young has inherited the overvalued Gerald Green "Mr. Potential" type on these boards.

He may certainly pan out but his value on here greatly exceeds what is the reality.

I'm not sure I agree.  Young was listed as the No. 3 small forward and the No. 8 player in the nation in 2013.  He came out after his Freshman year and is still only 19.  I think he can be special once he matures and grows.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2015, 12:01:36 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
I went to Detroit Bad Boys and offered James Young + 28 + 33 for 8. The counter-offers by Detroit fans I got were:

Young + 16 for 8
Sully + 16 for 8

If that is what Detroit wants for the 8th pick (and the fans tend to overvalue) I am all aboard with this.

The Crowder one is not happening due to FA but the fans are somehow very high on him. The playoffs might have raised some value after all.

Hope DA sees this post.

Either of the bolded trades would be a steal by DA. Can't decide which I'd prefer-- not very high on either Sully or Young

I'd do the first deal no question because whoever's at 8 would be a better prospect than Young.

The Sully deal I'd have to think about because that leaves us with KO as our starting PF and that's not an ideal situation (unless Aldridge has secretly decided to sign here as a FA).  would have to have WCS available with that pick or else I'd probably pass on it.  I like Johnson but probably not enough to give up Sully and 16.

Young has inherited the overvalued Gerald Green "Mr. Potential" type on these boards.

He may certainly pan out but his value on here greatly exceeds what is the reality.

I'm not sure I agree.  Young was listed as the No. 3 small forward and the No. 8 player in the nation in 2013.  He came out after his Freshman year and is still only 19.  I think he can be special once he matures and grows.

Key there being that he *could* be.  Many on these boards already treat the kid as untouchable or a surefire superstar.  Off limits type. 

That's overvalue in a nutshell right now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2015, 12:51:16 PM »

Offline GreenPride17

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Do that Sully+16 trade and then just sign Greg Monroe in the Offseason

« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2015, 02:20:24 PM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Young + 16 for 8
Sully + 16 for 8

Hope DA sees this post.

PF's have been very easy to come by. Heck we probably could resign Bass, Jerkeo if we couldn't land Monroe,Love or LA. Most night I almost rather have Bass on the floor than Sully, hes  a better midrange shooter, doesn't play out side himself and play much better D.

Plus with Brooklyn's pick next year we could land a potential all star PF. Wings are hard to come by especially Defensive 6'8" wings that can get to the rim. I 'd be fine giving up Sully for that. 

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2015, 02:28:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Young + 16 for 8
Sully + 16 for 8

Hope DA sees this post.

PF's have been very easy to come by. Heck we probably could resign Bass, Jerkeo if we couldn't land Monroe,Love or LA. Most night I almost rather have Bass on the floor than Sully, hes  a better midrange shooter, doesn't play out side himself and play much better D.

Plus with Brooklyn's pick next year we could land a potential all star PF. Wings are hard to come by especially Defensive 6'8" wings that can get to the rim. I 'd be fine giving up Sully for that. 
I don't want Bass back and while I like Jerebko's hustle this year, we need better.  even though every draftnik has us taking 4 PFs in this draft (SMH), I'm not sold that any of them will be as good as Sully. 

While I'm anticipating a high pick from Brooklyn next year (as well as a lotto pick from Dallas and our own probably pick in the lottery -- can only hope Minny is just good enough to lose their protections on theirs) I don't want to be in a position of having to bank on the Nets being really bad or that the BPA when any of next year's picks comes up, a good PF prospect is there for us.

« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2015, 12:22:10 PM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I almost forgot the absurd amount of picks we have in 2016. We almost have to trade some. Why not for trading up in this draft?

With all the protections, the most probable outcome will be (guess at position in brackets):
1st rounders:
Our own (12-20)
BKN (4-12)
DAL (18-25)

2nd rounders
76ers (31-35)
MIA (40-50)
MIN (31-35)
DAL (49 - 56)

If Detroit or Charlotte need a bit more, the 76ers 2nd rounder in 2016 could be a good addition to the offer.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2015, 12:57:44 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I almost forgot the absurd amount of picks we have in 2016. We almost have to trade some. Why not for trading up in this draft?

With all the protections, the most probable outcome will be (guess at position in brackets):
1st rounders:
Our own (12-20)
BKN (4-12)
DAL (18-25)

2nd rounders
76ers (31-35)
MIA (40-50)
MIN (31-35)
DAL (49 - 56)

If Detroit or Charlotte need a bit more, the 76ers 2nd rounder in 2016 could be a good addition to the offer.

Here's how I'd rank the "attractiveness of our picks to other teams:

1. BKN #1
2. PHI #2
3. MIN #2
--
4. BOS #1
5. DAL #1
--
6. MIA #2
7. DAL #2

Those really high 2nds (PHI and MIN will both be horrible) don't carry guaranteed money and have had almost as high a track record as those late #1s as producing talent.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2015, 01:03:08 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

1st rounders:
Our own (12-20)
BKN (4-12)
DAL (18-25)

2nd rounders
76ers (31-35)
MIA (40-50)
MIN (31-35)
DAL (49 - 56)

1. BKN #1
2. PHI #2
3. MIN #2
--
4. BOS #1
5. DAL #1
--
6. MIA #2
7. DAL #2

Those really high 2nds (PHI and MIN will both be horrible) don't carry guaranteed money and have had almost as high a track record as those late #1s as producing talent.

I get what your saying but our own 2016 pick and the Dallas 2016 pick might be lottery picks so they are definitely more valuable than second round picks.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2015, 01:15:43 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

1st rounders:
Our own (12-20)
BKN (4-12)
DAL (18-25)

2nd rounders
76ers (31-35)
MIA (40-50)
MIN (31-35)
DAL (49 - 56)

1. BKN #1
2. PHI #2
3. MIN #2
--
4. BOS #1
5. DAL #1
--
6. MIA #2
7. DAL #2

I get what your saying but our own 2016 pick and the Dallas 2016 pick might be lottery picks so they are definitely more valuable than second round picks.

you're probably right ... i may be overstating the point.

I was assuming that most teams would approach it that

-- DAL historically is among the higher spending teams in FA and will liklely restock their team such that they're at least a playoff team

-- that in the weak East with a lot of FA space, a respected coach and lots of flexibility to improve, that our pick is more likely to be in the same range as DAL

of course those scenarios are unknowns... but certainly not outlandish.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2015, 01:18:11 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd probably won't move up unless I get around the top 8. I don't see a big talent and/or upside gap from pick #9 to #16.

I will, however, will use the two picks to move up and snag Myles Turner. Shot blocking potential and a good mod range game for a big man, that's worth moving up for.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2015, 06:57:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

1st rounders:
Our own (12-20)
BKN (4-12)
DAL (18-25)

2nd rounders
76ers (31-35)
MIA (40-50)
MIN (31-35)
DAL (49 - 56)

1. BKN #1
2. PHI #2
3. MIN #2
--
4. BOS #1
5. DAL #1
--
6. MIA #2
7. DAL #2

I think Dallas might be less likely to make the playoffs next year than Brooklyn. I don't believe the Brooklyn 2016 1st is that valuable. If they keep brook and Thad, the pick should be mediocre.

« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2015, 11:57:20 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think Dallas might be less likely to make the playoffs next year than Brooklyn. I don't believe the Brooklyn 2016 1st is that valuable. If they keep brook and Thad, the pick should be mediocre.

I'm not so sure.

Thedeus young is barely starting caliber (he's basically Jeff Green 2.0) and Lopez statistically hurts his team more than he helps them (Real plus Minus of -0.59 ranks 33rd among active centers). 

Hard as it is to believe, statistically Deron Williams (+1.9) and Joe Johnson (+0.87) actually do more to help Brooklyn win than Brook Lopez does.  If those two players go next year, Brooklyn will be bad...really bad.